Baekhyun's Decision

Just Moments

-Contains mpreg and slight angst

 


 

Baekhyun’s Decision

 

#239

 July 4th, 2007 - 18.53

I’m reckless, yes, but I don’t think I’m ever this reckless. Even Sehun told me I’m reckless and for the first time, I’m scared for my clumsiness. My hands are trembling right now. I don’t know if I’m making the right choice but I want this – I want to do this. I’m 21, I’m an adult and this decision is what I’ve made. I feel like crying but I think there’s no more tears left. I’m done crying. It just hurts. I think I know this is the right choice. There’s no turning back now. He left me with something to remember him by. I will give this child all the love and he/she will never leave me alone. At least I’ll have someone to care for even if I already lost Ta him forever. Baekhyun hwaiting!

                                                                                                                                                 -Baekhyun

 

5 years later…

“Minchan-ah~!!” The out-of-breath 26-year old slender male kept running after a giggling 4-year-old. The little boy with ebony hair and bright smile giggled as his little feet excitedly trotted down the path. He heard the jingling bell and the happy song of the ice-cream van and he wanted one. Every afternoon, the van would circle the park attracting a lot of children with the sweet dessert they could offer.   

                “Come back here, Byun Minchan!” the adult chaser gritted his teeth as the sneaky little boy began to run frantically away. He couldn’t run that fast as he was carrying a 4-year-old girl – Minchan’s twin. The small girl giggled then kissed the jogging male’s puffed up cheek.

                “HURRY UP, EOMMA!” a whiny shout came from the boy.

                “I know, I know! But I can’t now, Minchan-ah! I’m carrying Miyoungie here. Slow down, baby! You’ll get lost! BYUN MINCHAN!”

                Baekhyun kept calling out to his active fireball of a son. He thanked God Miyoung was easy to handle. Where were the peaceful stroll and a nice afternoon picnic he had planned earlier? Gone…as soon as Minchan’s ears perked up hearing the blaring happy tune of the bright blue van.

                “Aigoo, your brother is so naughty, Youngie-ah,” Baekhyun sighed as he kept his eyes onto the running form of his Minchan. Fortunately for Baekhyun, the boy slowed down and stopped once in a while to look back at his mother. The 4-year-old would frown and pout then wave his arms up high returning Baekhyun’s warnings with his own mini tantrum.

                “Oppa just wanna ice-cream. Nado, eomma,” Miyoung’s soft voice said as she snuggled more into the crook of Baekhyun’s neck. Miyoung looked like the perfect combination of her parents. She got her father’s upper lip but her pouting lips were definitely from Baekhyun. Baekhyun saw him in her smile and her stare. She inherited her mother’s brown wavy hair and her father’s skin tone. Miyoung had Baekhyun’s black orbs and his small button nose.   

                Baekhyun was tired – both from the chase and from keeping the twins at bay every single day. But he never saw them as burdens – he never regretted his decision those 5 years ago. Those happy and painful 9 months and 6 days he carried them were one of the best memories of his life.

The first time he knew he was carrying twins.

The first time he heard their heartbeat.

The first time he felt them kicked.

The first time he heard they cried as he fought death to give life to them.

Those sleepless nights and frantic schedule of his…now they felt nostalgic.

                “PPALLI, EOMMA~!”   

“ARA, ARA! Omo, Minchan-ah, be careful!”

Baekhyun widened his eyes as his son accidentally ran into someone when the person appeared suddenly from the turn of the inverted ‘L’ shaped path. The little boy fell to the ground and the person Minchan had bumped into immediately crouched down.

Quickly, Baekhyun carefully ran towards the boy. He let go of Miyoung as he tenderly inspected Minchan’s body for injuries. His flushed face was etched in worry as he made Minchan stand and turned the boy. The stranger gave him space silently.

“Omo, eodi apeu (where are you hurt)? Tell eomma, baby!” Baekhyun said almost hysterically. He cupped Minchan’s sniffling face and stared into those brown eyes intently.

“I’m not hurt, eomma”

“Then why are you crying, baby?”

“I don’t know,” Minchan choked on his words and tears began to cascade down the boy’s plump cheeks.

Baekhyun smiled then chuckled softly as he brought the boy into a calming embrace. He hushed the boy slowly, uttering murmurs of comfort. His maternal side was showing. He didn’t realise the fascinated look from a man towering over the mother and son.

“Eomma…” Miyoung’s voice alerted Baekhyun that nothing bad had happened and he turned to face his precious girl.

His call died at the tip of his tongue as his eyes landed on the man holding his daughter’s hand.

It can’t be

 “I-Impossible,” Baekhyun breathed out in muted shock. His muscles were suddenly frozen as he openly gaped at the face of the man he lost to a tragic accident 5 years ago. He felt his chest and his throat constricted as he tried to supress the welling ache in his heart.    

“Eomma?” Miyoung called him again and his head snapped towards the child. Miyoung never let anyone talk to her much less hold her hand. His eyes darted back to the familiar face and he knew why.

“T-Tao…” Baekhyun brokenly said.

The quiet man looked at Baekhyun’s pale face, perplexed by the sudden sadness overcoming the young mother. He slowly crouched in front of Baekhyun and the smaller man sobbed.

Those soft brown eyes.

The man looked exactly like his late fiancé – Tao. The father of his children. And he had never hid any of Tao’s pictures from the twins. The twins grew up knowing what their father looked like.

“Are you okay?” that simple question stabbed Baekhyun’s heart. Even the same voice.

God, how he missed hearing that voice directly – not from the videos they taped together that he watched every night before he slept with a sad smile.

“No, I’m not,” Baekhyun couldn’t help but say. What would you feel when a person who looked exactly like your dead beloved suddenly appear in front of you? No words could describe Baekhyun’s mixed feelings.

Baekhyun suddenly felt a big warm hand on his cheek and he looked up through his blurry vision. He saw him smile – Miyoung’s smile.

“Hey, I don’t know why you’re crying but ah…you look prettier when you smile – like you did earlier.”

A lone tear landed onto the stranger’s hand and he rubbed the next one off Baekhyun’s rosy cheek. Baekhyun was slowly forming a smile and a short giggle escaped his pink lips. He gave a short nod.

Miyoung and Minchan immediately hugged him when Baekhyun beckoned them close. Minchan asked him the reason behind his tears but he only shook his head and flashed the frowning pair a reassuring smile before kissing their noses. Slowly, Baekhyun stood and bowed in apology to the man in embarrassment. Both the twins copied their mother’s actions.

“I’m so sorry for that. It was extremely embarrassing to see.”

“It’s fine. People do it all the time.”

“Then I should be going now,” Baekhyun bowed slightly before nudging the twins to walk.

“Wait!”

Baekhyun turned and tilted his head – waiting for the man to say something.

You know, I never know how you know my name. But I’ll just introduce myself again. I’m Huang Zitao.”

Baekhyun gasped. His slender and thin fingers went up to cover his mouth. Zitao smiled.

“I’ll see you again, okay?” Zitao said before bowing to Baekhyun and waving to the twins. Baekhyun stood still as he watched the silhouette of Zitao disappeared. A tug on his sleeves made him looked down. He steered the 2 4-year-olds down the dirt-brown path.

“Eomma, appa’s going to be with us now? He’s not at…at ‘faraway’ again, right?” Miyoung enthusiastically asked. A light spring was in her steps.

All Baekhyun could offer was a simple smile. He didn’t have the heart to disappoint his little girl...nor did he have a concrete answer but he was hopeful.

“We’ll see him someday, Miyoung-ah – someday, for sure. Now let’s get you two some ice-creams.”   

 

 

THE END

A/N: Credits to the owners' pictures ^^v