Love-Hate Relationship?

Just Moments

 

Magic Verse



 

 

Love-Hate Relationship?

 

It was one of those days that Park Chanyeol felt that nothing was going to dampen his mood. He was practically bouncing in his seat as his big doe eyes watched the everlasting stretch of scenery through the wide glass window of the moving train. He had received a letter from the headmaster during the summer break that he was selected as one of the prefects and the news just kept him smiling with joy.

He was back for his fifth year and the 15-year-old turned to his two best friends to talk their ears off. Kai was being his ever polite self yet sometimes his snarky comments came out and the boy would flushed before uttering a soft sorry. His other friend, Baekhyun was munching his fair share of snacks and chocolate and trying to talk to Kai at the same time. Some bits of the food fell into his lap and Chanyeol couldn’t help his scowl.

“Byun Baekhyun! Stop talking and eat properly! You’re spitting crumbs everywhere!” Chanyeol chastised.

Baekhyun had the decency to look embarrassed as he sat straight and wiped his mouth with the tissue Chanyeol had handed him.

“Gee, no need to be so uptight, Chanyeol-ah,” Baekhyun mumbled.

Kai snorted and glared at the redhead sitting in front of him to just shut up before Chanyeol lashed out in a full lecturing mode. The boy gulped.

“I’m going to change into my robes now. You two better not mess up the compartment. We’re arriving soon,” Chanyeol haughtily said, giving warning glares at the two – especially at Baekhyun – before he took his clothes and walked out. Kai sighed while Baekhyun just continued to stuff his face.

Thankful for the magic casted on the train so it wouldn’t shake too much, Chanyeol walked with ease towards the small bathroom just at the end of the car. But then, he had to pass a certain compartment and he blanched in distaste. He had to pass the compartments assigned for his rival house – Cheongryong.

“Urgh, those sneaky Cheongryong bastards!” Chanyeol mumbled as he tried to calm himself by fiddling with the red tie in his arms – the colour of his house, Bonghwang.

He didn’t realise that in his attempt to scurry away from any unfortunate encounter with any of the snakes of Cheongryong, he accidentally bumped into someone.

“Oh, I’m so so-,” his words died in his mouth when he saw who he had bumped into. His guilty face immediately morphed into a tense expression. He could feel his temper rising when he saw the disgust on the other’s face. Chanyeol just wanted to go away before his urge to punch the other’s face heightened.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t the Bonghwang’s golden boy. Where’s that two useless bodyguard of yours?”

“Sod off, Wu,” Chanyeol said through gritted teeth. How he loathed the guy.

Well, the one he bumped into was Kris Wu, a pureblood wizard and Cheongryong’s so-called Prince. How he hated the boy since their first year when the smirking boy made fun of his untameable frizzy hair and his buckteeth. Well, his teeth had evened out as he grew up and he had one of the nicest smiles but he couldn’t say the same for his still wild hair. He could remember how the other jumped and started scratching his body with sheer panic when Chanyeol hurled an itch spell. The boy deserved it!

“”Oh, how nice to see you too, Park,” Kris drawled as he adjusted his azure tie. The other had just change into his uniform and was flashing Chanyeol that condescending smirk of his.

Chanyeol could feel his head throbbing just from seeing Kris’ face. “Leave me alone, you snake!”

“No can do. You do remember that I vow to make your life a living hell, right?”

“Well, you do know I can easily hex you whenever I want, right Wu?”

“We’ll see about that, Park!” Kris spat. “I can easily counter your stupid curses!”

“Tch, like that will ever happen. Let’s see, the last time you mocked me I easily turned you into a ferret, hah!”

By now, the two was standing chest to chest, panting with anger as the sworn enemies glared at each other. Kris was tall and Chanyeol gave him that. But his height was not that much of a difference from the other – Chanyeol’s eyes levelled with Kris’ sharp nose.

“Not this time, filth,” Kris scorned. Chanyeol winced but his temper was still too fiery to be calmed.  

“I can easily take out points from your house if you dare touch me!” Chanyeol snarled.

“As do I, you bloody know-it-all!” Kris bit back.

“What?” Chanyeol widened his eyes as he realised what Kris’ statement meant. He was a fellow prefect! “No!”

“Well, you can change nothing about it, Park! You’re not the only one with the brains here!”

Chanyeol harrumphed. Even he could never deny it. Kris Wu was an intelligent boy – even if he was from the blasted Cheongryong – and he always came second after him in most subjects. He knew Kris was an honour student and he always beat him in Potions.

“Just move, Wu,” Chanyeol sighed. Fighting with Kris would get him nowhere. “I need to change!”

To this, the tall Cheongryong scoffed before surprisingly shifted to let the Bonghwang passed. Chanyeol would never say it but he was grateful…but it was immediately squashed to pieces when he heard Kris’ snarky remark.

“Tame your bushy hair, Park. It’s an eyesore!”

Chanyeol wanted to strangle the other to death – of course the comment hurt – but the arrogant pureblood prince was already gone.

“I’ll curse you, Wu! Just you wait!” Chanyeol almost shrieked before stomping his way towards the toilet.

Little did Park Chanyeol know that the dragon prince was smirking when he saw Chanyeol’s red face from anger and frustration. The boy sure had a temper.

He found that the phoenix’s too cute when he was mad.

“Oh, I’ll wait, Park. You’re too entertaining not to taunt,” Kris Wu smirked before turning to go back into his partition.  

 

THE END