Chanyeol's Unexpected Wish Come True

Just Moments

 

Chanyeol’s Unexpected Wish Come True

               

                He was angry at Baekhyun and at Luhan and at Kyungsoo and at everybody…

…for ditching him. He pouted as he grumpily kicked some innocent pebbles and he stomped his directionless way into that park. His extremely happy mood earlier that day depleted to a negative value. He yelled out his frustration, roughly tousling his brown hair and scaring a couple who was walking by. He glared at their retreating figures. If he was an anime character, a nerve would be twitching near his forehead. Chanyeol’s nose crinkled in frustration as he remembered his conversations with…them.

“Omo, mianhae Yeol-ah! I’m really sorry but I can’t go to the movies with you! Tell Lu hyung and Kyungie I’m sorry, okay?! Tao just got back and I miss him soooooooooooooooo much! He asked me out and I’m meeting him in- Oh my gosh! Is that the time?? I gotta go, Yeollie-ah! Love you! BYE!”

“Chanyeol? Oh, it’s good that you call me. I was just about to call you. Sorry, Imma have to rain check today. Kai’s sick and my poor baby need me. Tell Baekhyun and Kyungsoo I’m not coming, okay? Oh, Kai’s calling me! Omona!”

“Chanyeollie! I can’t come! I forgot it’s our anniversary! Suho’s taking me out on a date! Ah, I’m so happy! Suho’s so sweet! He remembered, such a gentleman! Mianhae, Yeollie-ah! Send my regards to Luhan hyung and Baekhyun, okay? Have fun!”      

 

“Have fun my ! Stupid friends! Ditching me for their boyfriends! Humph! Is this how you treat a friend?!” Chanyeol hollered, earning stares in his way. The grumpy 22-year-old didn’t care. He was too annoyed to care.

Crossing his arms, he continued to walk down the pebbled path until he came across a fountain. A big and magnificent water fountain in the middle of the park. The tall and slender male walked dejectedly towards the sound of the soft flowing of water. He now felt sad that he didn’t have a boyfriend. He was the only single one out of his friends and now he felt left out.

Just as Chanyeol was about to sit by the fountain to wallow in self-pity, something caught his eyes. Tilting his head, he inched towards a small board embedded onto the carved concrete.

“What’s this? I’ve never see this before…” Chanyeol wondered. He stood up and narrowed his eyes on the inscription.

“’Toss a penny and make a wish. Make a wish and it’ll come true’?”

Chanyeol scoffed. “What the hell? Is this supposed to rhyme? This is bogus!” But his mind thought differently.

What was the harm in just doing it?

Sneaking glances for any prying eyes, Chanyeol took out a 500 won out of his pocket and quickly flicked the coin into the water. He shut his eyes tight and clasped his hands together - praying.

‘Please give me a boyfriend! Please give me a boyfriend!’

Chanting furiously in his head, Chanyeol finally stopped when he felt satisfied. He slowly opened his eyes and sighed. A weak chuckle escaped his pouty red lips as he sat on the fountain’s edge.

“What was I thinking? I’m so desperate. A fountain can’t grant a wish. Silly me!”

Chanyeol exhaled and pulled his body up. He stared up at the bright morning sky and smiled. At least the wishing helped him dull the rage he felt.

I should probably wish for someone to just kiss me!” Chanyeol giggled and started to walk back.

He didn’t even have time to take more than 10 steps when he was suddenly tackled into an embrace and a pair of lips landed on his own. Chanyeol’s doe-like eyes widened in shock… What the hell!

He felt himself melting into the passionate kiss and it felt like eternity when his abused lips were finally released. Chanyeol gasped – his lips tingling, his cheeks burning and his body warm.

He looked up to see a dazed looking young man and Chanyeol’s heart hammered against his chest. Oh heavens! Who was this Adonis??

“Hi…” a deep and silky voice greeted him.

“Errr…hi?” Chanyeol mumbled bashfully.

“I’m Kris.”

“Chanyeol.”

“You wanna go out with me?”

“Ermm, sure, let’s go then.”

“Alright, beautiful.”

“Nice to meet you, Kris.”

“Nice to meet you too, boo.”

Chanyeol giggled heartily and Kris intertwined their hands together.

“Kris, why did you kiss me?”

“Hmmh…I dunno. I just found myself running and the next thing I know I’m kissing you.”

“Ah~ glad you did though.”

The two figures slowly walked down the same pathway Chanyeol had previously ambled – together and talking as if they had been with each other for their whole lives – not just strangers who suddenly kissed.

Chanyeol didn’t notice that he missed the smaller message on that nameplate.

‘It’ll come true, say it out loud and bid your misery adieu’

Guess the fountain could grant wishes after all.     

 

 

THE END