Challenge (1/2)

Cater to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer. 2008.

“Taeyeon-ah, I promise I’ll go back before 12… Yes I know it’s dangerous, but I can take care of myself so don’t worry, okay?” Tiffany took a step on the stairs carefully as she talked to Taeyeon, who kept worrying Tiffany because of her habit of staying on the SM’s rooftop—alone. Taeyeon didn’t worry about her staying up all night on the rooftop, she was worrying Tiffany who would walk alone—at night—to their dorm. And as usual, Tiffany won over her so Taeyeon, half –heartedly, let Tiffany do what she wanted.

After she ended the call, Tiffany put her phone in her hoodie’s pocket, another hand on the doorknob. She opened it as she could feel the warm, summer breeze brushed on her face. She walked until she reached her favorite spot, where she could see the city’s scenery from there. She closed her eyes, inhaling the warm breeze into her lungs, let the warmness overtook her drowsiness and stresses. It was such a simple thing she loved to do. She opened her eyes slowly, looking at the millions of light that emitted from different buildings and cars that passed by.

It isn’t as beautiful as New York, though.

She closed her eyes again, absorbing the warmness once again. She could hear various sounds in her ears. A sound of cars passing by, an acoustic guitar played at the café not far from SM’s building, and the chirp of birds could be heard vaguely. She exhaled with smile on her face.

“BOO!!” Someone surprised her as soon as she opened her eyes and she let out a yelp while the other one just let out a faint laugh after seeing Tiffany’s reaction.

“Wu Fan?! You surprised me!” Tiffany’s hand on her chest, she was lucky though she didn’t have a heart attack. She hit Wu Fan’s arm when she only received a laugh from the lad.

“Here.” Wu Fan stopped laughing as he handed a bottle of juice to Tiffany.

“You bought this for me?” Wu Fan nodded and began gulping the fresh juice. Tiffany shot him her eye-smile as she mouthed a ‘Thank you’.

“How do you know I’m here?” Tiffany looked at the man beside her, and she just realized it that he was really, really tall. She observed the side profile of Wu Fan, admiring his pointed nose, his perfect eyelids—and Tiffany thought his eyelids were more beautiful than hers.

“Well, I don’t know, though. I just bought these and planned to ask you out for tonight. Then I found you here.” Wu Fan flashed a smile to her which made Tiffany had the light pink shades on her cheeks, no reasons why.

Wu Fan took a step backward and sat on the dirty ground, Tiffany followed her gaze to Wu Fan as he patted a space beside him, indicating Tiffany to sit beside him. Tiffany sat beside him; she could feel a warm presence beside her. She silently smiled to herself as she felt really comfortable when she was around him.

“There aren’t any stars tonight.” Wu Fan broke the silent. Tiffany looked at Wu Fan whose eyes were gazing at the sky. Tiffany averted her gaze to the sky.

“The stars are always there, Wu Fan-ah.”

“They never leave their place. They are al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter