Cold

Suho / Kyungsoo Drabbles

 

Cold. That’s all Suho feels in the middle of the afternoon. Spring was just around the corner, but if you ask Suho, it wasn’t coming fast enough. The air was cold. The ground was cold. The snow was cold. And there he was standing there, letting the heat get right out of him.

 

He takes his hands out of his pocket to check his watch. 12:55. He sighs and quickly stuffs them back in so that they wouldn’t fall off due to frostbite. Yes, it was a little dramatic, but standing in weather like this, drama seemed appropriate.

 

He looked out towards the street almost covered in snow with cars rushing by. He smiles as he thinks of the fleeting memories from this place.

 

He breaths out letting his hot breath mix with the cold air, creating a visible breath.

 

It’s still cold. And he’s still late.

 

“Sorry I’m late!”

 

“Finally! You kept me waiting for so long.” Suho says with a slight pout.

 

“I know! But this café will make it up. They have the best coffee!” He took Suho’s hand in his and pulled him inside. Suho felt the warmth of his hand creep all the way to his face. He wondered if this is what it felt like to be in love.

 

“You better be right, I don’t like waiting.”

 

Suho still doesn’t like waiting. He checks his watch again. 1:00. 5 minutes have passed. He tells himself that he’s going to wait 5 more minutes before he leaves.

 

But he doesn’t believe it because that’s what he told himself an hour ago, when they were actually suppose to meet.

 

He sighs. He probably looked like Rudolf to anyone that passed by. His ears were probably a ruby red by now too.

 

“Your nose and ears are all red. It was because I was late huh.” He says sheepishly.

 

“Yes.” Suho says pouting.

 

“Here, let met fix that.” He brings his hands up to Suho’s ears and holds them for a second in an attempt to warm them up.

 

It doesn’t really help if Suho’s whole face turns red instead.

 

Well it really doesn’t matter what part of his face is red, as long as it doesn’t fall off.

 

1:05 his watch says. He sighs. Suhos tells himself that he’s going to give him 5 more minutes. Only 5 more—

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Suho looks over to see someone he’s never seen before. He’s kind of short, (Well, Suho didn’t have any room to talk because he wasn’t the tallest person around either) dark dark brown hair, a smile that slightly curves upward, and eyes that seem like they’re too big.

 

It takes a second for Suho to open his mouth because waiting out in the cold causes body parts to stop functioning. “Y-yes?”

 

“This is for you.” He hands out a cup of steaming hot coffee. “You’ve been standing here for a while and you looked really cold, so I thought you’d need this.”

 

Normally, Suho would be polite and decline, but considering his situation and how cold his entire body was, he accepted it.

 

He takes a sip of it, not caring about how scolding it is on his tongue. “This is—“

 

“Caramel macchiato?”

 

“Ding ding ding! I knew it your favorite so I ordered it for you.”

 

“That’s sweet of you. Thanks.” Suho says leaning over and giving a kiss to his boyfriend.

 

“Yuck, the only downside is that you taste like caramel during kisses.”

 

“I still don’t see why you don’t like caramel. It’s—“

 

“—Good?” The other asks with a smile. Suho smiles and nods. “It’s my favorite so I thought maybe you would like it too.”

 

“Thanks. For this.”

 

“No problem. Maybe you should come inside now? I don’t think you should be standing out here in weather like this.”

 

“Thanks but—“ Suho chuckles to himself. He realizes that he’s just been holding onto memories. In the end, he’s going to end up cold and alone. Much like he is in his current state. He looks back to the other again who is staring at him with a warm smile. It almost warms him up. “I think I will.”

 

“Great. We can get you some more coffee to warm you up.”

 

Suho nods as he follows. He smiles to himself. He ended up waiting for someone that never showed up, but maybe, that wasn’t such a bad thing. “Oh hey, what’s your name?”

 

“Kyungsoo.”