Touch Happiness.

Touch

I stare at him... Everything was quiet. Outside was getting darker. He's breathing was heavy, his face was pale, and blood was everywhere, mostly on me. I try to move. This position was the last I wanted to be in. He breathing touches my ear and I harshly push him off, and crawl up to the door. I sat there shivering. What luck he has! He was running from the someone, protecting a girl who fears him, and got hurt and there's nothing she dares to do. I guess it was better if he just die so he wouldn't suffer. After a while I came to my senses and stood up. 'I can go get help! Yes!' I turn the knob on the door. Locked. What a coincident, a door that lock from the outside and INSIDE! Why would they do that? I ran to the back room and look on the desks for the card. No where in sight. I scan and search through the cabinets. It was no where in sight. 'What will I do?' I reopen a cabinet with a first aid kit and ran back into the kitchen. When I reach him again I stop. 'I... Don't want... To go near him...' I shook my head. My fears, my weakness! I can't climb over this wall that separates us. My hands were shaking again. My mind kept repeating the images, but he saved me... 'Maybe it's not even him. Maybe it's not....' I repeat in my head. I hear him groan in pain.

"Ow..." He turn his head and flinch in pain. He saw me standing there with the kit in my hands. We stayed like that for a while until and he lift his hands up. "Are you going to help me or not?" I lower my head in embarrassment. "Ouch!" I look over and there he was trying to sit up. "You better do it quick... My back's killing me..." I just stood there. Afraid of what to do. He sat up and looks at me. "This is unbelievable... You're unbelievable..." He smirks.

"I'm sorry..." I manage. He heard me and smile.

"I'll forgive you... After you help me." He said. Aaron use all of his strength and roll his bloody shirt up and over his shoulders and head. I blink in the sight of his back. It was badly injure and pieces of glass was still in his flesh. I took a step forward. He sat there tightening his jaw. 'I have to do something. It's my fault he's in this mess...' Every step I took my heart skips faster. The intensity was so hard to face. He looks at me surprise of my improvement. "Are you sure?" He said when I was a foot away. I close my eyes before answering.

"I not sure... B-but I'm willing..." He widens his eyes. "Please bare with the pain." I assure and walk behind him. I kneel in front of the wounds, open the kit, and put on the gloves. I start taking out the unwanted glass and dead skin off his back. He didn't twitch or anything. He couldn't even feel it anymore. I repeat in my head that now was just the time to help him, then go.

"You know..." He said after awhile. "You're really a weird person..." I ignore him and kept doing what I was doing. "First you look at me like I'm an attacker, then you look at me in hatred, and then suddenly your look softens and you help me." After awhile I finish with it and grab the cotton balls. "Why don't you ever get into a conversation with me?" I stop. "I see you talk and smile to your friends... Even some guys..."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"About staying away from me?" I open the alcohol, pour it into the cap, and soak the cotton.

"I-I do have the choice to hang with who I want and don't" I said a little annoy of his nosiness.

"What did you sa- OW!" He said as I press the cotton on his deepest wound. "Ahhh! That stings!" I move the cotton around and he utters each time. "What are you doing?!"

"C-cleaning them so they don't get infected." After a couple of minutes I took a cloth and wipe the liquid. I grab the ointment and spread it onto his back.

"We're almost finish here huh?" I didn't say anything. I wrap his whole waist with a cloth. I suddenly remember his head was wounded also. I slowly move to his right. "It's not there it's close to my forehead." I look at him. He turn his head my way. "Come sit right in front of me and you'll see it." I shook again. My fear's not gone, I just forgot it for a second. "Scared?" He ask snapping me out of my thoughts. "Then forget it." He turns away. I tighten my hand. I did the same to the cotton.

"Look here..." I said quietly. He heard me again and look at me confuse. I slowly reach my hand onto his head and search for the wound. He stare at me constantly. I can feel his breathing on my elbow as I move about. "Thank you." He utter after I start putting a bandage on it. "I can tell that was really hard for you to do." I put the things back into the kit. "I feel much better now. " He chuckles. I look at him.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because..." He pauses and thought. "I don't know. What I'm feeling now is just great happiness. I'm just so happy you help me." My eyes widens and I blush. "Cute." He said. "Earlier you just said you have the choice to make about who you talk to right?" I put the medicine back into the kit. "I have that choice too. And you're my choice." He continue. I turn away and quickly brought the kit back into the back room. I start looking for the card again. 'I got to find it! I can't last the night in here with him! He's so... So... Touchy with words...' I thought and shiver to myself. I search hard for it. 'Where s it?!' I look high and low. 'No!' I lean on the table and look down at the trash. And there it was. The key card. It must've fell. I grab it and quickly turn around. I stop to see Aaron leaning at the doorway. "Where are you going?" He ask. I felt like those words grab my heart and crush it. "You're leaving?"

"Yes..." I squeeze onto the card. My heart was beating. This feeling... It came back. 
Another flashback.
That time, 'HE' said the same thing with the same tone. 
My heart wants to burst. 
Please let me go. Let me go.
I didn't do anything to you!
I didn't even know you!
Why me?! Why'd you have to pick me?!
I hate you! For making me this way!
I hate you! 
My whole body was cover in sweat. I felt like I was about to faint.

"Then go." I heard him say. I look at him. "Go..." My breathing stop. 'Those words...' My heart slow down, and overcame with a great sensation! 'Go? He said go?I felt so free. I yearn for those words! A tear escape my eye. My body was so numb for the excitement. "See you tomorrow." He said. 'I can go!' My legs was moving on it's own... I'm free to go. He wasn't going to trap me. He wasn't going to force me. I walk pass him and up to my bag. Aaron change his position and face my way. "Thanks again for the help." I grab my bag and walk over to the door. I was even complimented, not compelled. 'It not like last time. It's not at all.' My hand was on the door knob. I waited there. Waiting for something to happen. "Hebe?" He said. I turn around and look at his face.

"Thanks for helping me." I smile! Not in a long time. I finally really smile again. Showing my white teeth, showing my dimple, showing the little wrinkle by my eyes. I turn around and put the card in the knob, and left it there. I walk out, almost skipping. Aaron stood there shock, astound, and frozen. He look at the door which was left open.

"She smile... At me?" He said. He was stilling leaning on the door. A small curve appear on his mouth. "SHE! HEBE TIAN! SMILE AT ME! YAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" He shout and laugh. He lift his hand up and stop to cry in pain. "Ow! My back!" He shout. After a while he started again. "SHE SMILE AT ME! YES!" He bang onto the wall. "This the most blissful feeling..."

'Aaron's not HIM. I thought he was just because they had similarities. But I was wrong. They're opposite people. So different I can't explain. Just because he reminds me so much of HIM doesn't mean anything. This time is better. I'm free. I love this feeling. He's different.'