Fear Touch.

Touch

 

[Next day]
*Coughs*

"Wow Hebe, you got a cold over night? What'd you do, play with cold water?" Selina laughs. I look at her with guilt. "You played with cold water?" She eye me. "And you're already a grown up." She blurts. I stood there thinking for a second. 'I was playing with cold water... With Aaron.' I smile and let out a quick giggle. Selina stares at me. "Wahh! You're making the 'In Love' face!" She exclaims. I widen my eyes.

"No I'm not! That can't be possible!"

"What do you mean. Look at yourself you're super happy looking. Who can it be?" She jokew. I blush and turn away. 'This can't be true. I dare not to...'

"Hey Hebe!" Aaron shouts, which startles me. I didn't turn to look at him. 'In love? No... It's not true...'

"No hi for me!" Selina whines.

"Hey Selina." He said. Aaron gave a loud cough. I slowly my head to see if he was trying to get my attention. 

"Whao... Bad cold too?" She asks suspiciously.

"Y-yeah... I was touching cold water yesterday..." He said and look at me. I blush again. 'Oh no, she knows...' Selina laughs.

"You were playing with cold water, with Hebe?!" She shouts. "So childish." Aaron looks at her. "You're not that slick." Selina nudges me and I laugh. We start down the halls. 

"Uh. Heb... I was wondering..." He starts. Selina and I stop. "If you not doing anything later..."

"Oh off course!" Selina answers for me. Aaron glares at her, she glares back.

"Sure... We can hang out..." I quietly said. They both look at me shock, especially Aaron.

"G-great! I'll call your cell!" He shouts and starts running off. Selina leans her elbow on my shoulder.

"He's so into you. What would you do if he loves you?" She sighs. I froze. "Cause you know... ever since last year, you've turn down at least four or five guys...  This dude looks so fragile..." I start to get nervous. 'It's not true...Right? He can't feel that for me... But then again, why would he always be there for me...' Selina talks her way to class, while I can feel my throat getting dryer and dryer, and my nose start getting stuffy. "Well see you later, got to go to class!" She said and walks off. 'Is it me or is my cold getting worst by the second?' I enter into my first class. Today was going to be a long day...

[Last class of the day]
"Hebe!" Selina shouts walking into the room. Ella stares at her.They were still dissecting a frog.

"What do you want with her?"

"I just have to tell her something important! Where she is?" Selina searches behind Ella.

"You won't find her here." Ella interrupts. Selina looks at her confuse.

"Why not?"

"She just went to the nurse office. Hebe was sweating and coughing a lot." Selina look at Ella for a bit then laughs. "What's so funny? Aren't you worried about your friend?"

"No." She smiles. "What fate." Selina sighs.

"What are you talking about?"

"Nothing... I'm just happy she went to the nurse office."

"What an evil friend?"

"You'll see what I mean..." Selina laughs and walks into the class.

"Ey! This isn't your class!" Selina looks at Ella. "Can I?" She ask pointing at the little knife in Ella's hand. "Why do you have this?"

"We're about to dissect a frog. Why?" Ella hands it to her.

"Wanna see some romance?" Selina smiles. Ella looks at her confuse. Selina grabs Ella's hand and cuts the arm.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

[Nurse office]
"Here take these medication..." The nurse said and hand me some pills. "You just need some rest and you'll be fine for today. Make sure you don't make any noise, a student is sleeping also so be quiet." I nod and clear my throat before swallowing the pills. I look over to the bed. A large white curtain was hanging down from the ceiling to separate the two beds and the nurse's desk. The pills certainly took over and I stroll over to the curtains and to the available bed. 'Need to rest...' Just as sleep was about the take over I remember about Aaron's date. 'Oh no! I don't think I can go in this condition. I don't want him to see me this way...' I took out my cell and look at it. The phone ring. Not mine, but the nurse's. "Hello? What? Ella got a cut? So did Selina? With that dissecting knife?! They'll get infected! Ok I'll come quickly!" The nurse shout. I sat up. 'Selina?!' She peek through the curtain. "I'm going to a classroom for a while so stay here. Don't go anywhere!" She said and walk away. I sat there confuse.

"But! Did you just mention Selina and Ella?!" I shout. The nurse was already gone. I yawn and look at the bed next to me. Again the white curtain, hanging from the ceiling, was separating the beds. I saw a figure slowly arising from the bed. 'Opps I woke him up!'  According to what the figure was doing, he coughs and rubs his head. "Sorry!" I squeak. He rubs his head some more and groans. I lay back down on the bed. I look at my cell again and sigh. 'Should I cancel tonight's date?' The guy was coughing again. I look at him. "D-do you need some pills... It works..." I whisper. Again he ignores me. I look at his figure. He stood up and fans himself with his hands a little bit. Suddenly he flung his shirt off, I look away. I know I didn't really SEE him half- but I was still embarrass. I struggle to open my cell. I quickly enter in Aaron's number and press talk. The voice mail comes on. 'Sorry I'm not here right now... I'm either busy or doing something else. Call me again later.' I close the phone. 'He's not even picking up...' I sigh. 'What to do now?' I squeeze my cell. 'I've never felt this way before... Is it fair for me to feel this way? I-I feel like... Aaron's too good for me...' I held it close to my heart. My heart was racing... 'I don't think I should start anything with anyone... Ever...' Suddenly my cell rang which jerk me up. I almost drop it. "H-hello?" I shutter.

"Hey..." Aaron voice was low.

"Aaron? Are you ok?"

"Yeah... I'm... Don't..."

"Yes?" I ask eagerly.

"Well... I don't think I can make it for... Our date..." He whispers. Somehow... My heart drops.

"I-it's ok! I'm busy also... So please don't feel guilty!" I said loudly. Somehow... My tears forms.

"Ok..." He reply. I hung up. 'Just when I was thinking about what I couldn't have... It was true. I can't take any chances to get close with anyone. I don't deserve to!' My hands were shaking. 'I can't reattach my torn scars... Not to such a innocent guy... Like Aaron.' My cell suddenly ring again. It scares me and I threw it against the wall. 'I can't faced this... I lost a big part of me and nothing anyone can do to bring it back... I can't open up so easily or people will get hurt. Especially Aaron. 'I lean my head on my knees and slowly sob. 'I've been mark... Mark for life! No one can help me...' I repeat. "No can hear me... No one can help me... No one!" I shout unable to control my anger. I heavily exhale.

"Hebe?" I hear someone said. I shot my look to the standing figure. "Is that you?" The figure walks towards the curtain and slowly lift it. I stare with wet and widen eyes. Aaron slowly appear, looking at me with worry. The time seems to have slowly move and let me think. It was that moment... He walks over to me, still half-. "You were here? Are you ok?" He ask sitting onto the side of my bed. I never took my eyes of him. "Don't cry... Sorry for what I said... I... Was sick and so... I didn't want to look like this in front of yo-" Before he can finish I flew onto his chest. "Hebe?"

"You heard..." I try to say behind my dry throat. "You heard me..." I couldn't control what I was doing. My heart was racing and it was doing everything for me. Everything was rushing in and out of my mind. Even the point that I'm... 'Marked.' I let go and push away. "No..." Tear flows. "I-I can't dirty you. I'm not good for you! I don't deserve you!" I shout. "Sorry. Forget I said anythi-" Aaron cuts me off by pulling me back into his arms.

"I hear... I can hear you shout." He announce. "You're screaming, and you need help." He hugs me tighter.
"Open your heart... I will cure you." He whispers. I can feel his breath on my hair. "Love me." I look up. 
My ears couldn't believe these words. "Love me... Because I love you." 
He stares at me with serious but warming eyes. I want to take his love.
Nothing came onto my mind about anything else. I want his love. I want Aaron Yan. 
The tears that flow out of my eyes and the small smile on my lips must've answer him. 
He slowly bends his head closer to me. 
The time when we were in the kitchen came back to my mind. '...I want to... Take a step forward...' I remember, what he said that night. Aaron leans closer to me.
A step he was taking this time, was I able to face it? 
I feel his breath touch my lips. My hands glue to his chest.
He stops and whispers, "I'm here... I will help you..." 
I shut my eyes as the last tear escapes. His arm gasp me tighter.
My hand can feel his beating heart, it count the seconds until Aaron's lips were on mine. 
I grab his shirt and he pulls me closer. Before I knew it he press harder against mine and I didn't care. 
I took it. His breathing tingles with mine and my arms moving along his shoulders. 
Aaron slides his hand into my hair massaging my fear slowly. 
In the moment... I felt as if, all fears were gone and all it took was his... Touch.
My tear were still flowing. I was happy, very happy. "I will help you... I love you Hebe." He whispers.