Chapter 6

Where the Light Gets In

Luhan

“Can we find something to eat?” Luna asked, tugging on the strap of her bag.

“Yeah, but where?” I said looking around. Obviously there weren’t that many fast food options.

“Guys wait. Give me about 5 minutes to change my clothes, I feel so uncomfortable.” Baekhyun said,  going back into the station.

“Damn,” Kai said after Baekhyun was gone for ten minutes, “he’s like a woman.”

Right on cue, Baekhyun reappeared flamboyantly dressed in a trench coat, colorful scarf, tight jeans, and boots with eyeliner thickly rimmed around his eyes.

Kai started laughing. “How are you a cop?”

Baekhyun looked down at himself and sighed, “Don’t ask.”

 “Wait a second. Your surname was Byun right?” kyungsoo said, squinting at the faded letters stamped under the roof, sure enough it was titled Byun Police Station.

“your family owns this?”

He shrugged, “yeah it's not that big of deal. Not anymore.”

“But you’re rich?” Kai said.

“Uh, I guess-“

“Then to his house we go!”

“Are you okay with that?” Luna asked.

“Y-yeah, I guess. It’s like a fifteen minute walk though.” He said.

 

 

The top two floors of a penthouse apartment was his house. It was all sleek and metal with nonsensical abstract paintings on the walls and smelled heavily of lemon. It had a great view, I guess; if you like looking at colorless clouds.

"Make yourselves at home." Baekhyun said, tossing his bag into the couch.

Luna stood next to the floor-to-ceiling window, breathed on it and drew a heart.

From up here everything looked tiny, so if you wanted, you could pretend nothing bad happed in the past twenty hours; but if you looked close enough to catch a glimpse of a dead body in the road then reality comes and slaps you in the face. My mother's face flashed in my mind. The lack of electricity and two states kept me from her, to confirm her death.

“Does anyone know how to cook?” baekhyun asked, staring into the kitchen, “the fridge is fully stocked.”

“Oh I can do it.” Kyungsoo said, his round eyes brightening a little bit. He was cute.

“I hope you have alcohol.” Kai said, flopping onto the couch and playing with the remotes.

“I don’t think you know who your talking to,” Baekhyun said, opening some of the cupboards showing us his abundant supply of liquor.

He handed everyone a fancy glass filled with a bright pink liquid, except for kyungsoo who said he wasn’t a good drinker.

“Should we toast?” Baekhyun asked.

“This isn’t a celebration.” I said.

“To the end of the world?” Luna said, holding up her glass.

“Sounds fine to me.” Kai said, clinking their glasses together.

Baekhyun was definitely no bartender, mixing some random concoction, but I could tell by my buzz that it was getting the job done.

Kyungsoo’s spaghetti was delicious, and he beamed when everyone went for seconds. He was really cute.

The sky was getting darker so Baekhyun lit tons of tall, white candles. Any other time it probably would have seemed romantic, but honestly it was kind of depressing.

 “So what can you do? Useless cop.” Kai asked Baekhyun, sometime later. I must have not been drunk enough because I was worried about his response. I chugged my drink faster.

Baekhyun laughed, “I can handcuff you if you’d like, give you a little shock from my taser.” He leaned in a little and smirked, “But you don’t seem like the kind of guy into that kind of stuff.”

Kai laughed, “You don’t know me very well then.”

Luna was feeling it too, I think. She found her way into my lap, whispering dirty things into my ear, rubbing the front of my jeans. I hadn’t noticed before but she had big for such a petite girl and they were shamelessly pressed up against my chest.

“Hey so we can use the spare bedrooms?” I asked. It came out more slurred then I meant.

“Yeah, first door on the right,”

I stood and dragged Luna into the bedroom to give her what she wanted.

“Wrap it up.” Kai called behind us.

 

A/N I hadnt realized how difficult it was to write from a male's percepective. I hope it seemed natural. thanks for reading.