Chapter 5

Where the Light Gets In

Kyungsoo

 I placed sheets over their bodies, nausea settling in my stomach after I came to and saw my mother and sisters’ faces frozen in horror, covered in blood. The emergency hotline was dead, everything was for that matter. I even ran down the street to the station, my converse pounding onto the salted concrete; the sound echoing off the buildings was similar to gunshots. I wasn’t really surprised when I saw the uniformed bodies littering the inside of the station. As I turned to leave someone placed a hand over my mouth and dragged me behind the reception desk, I was too relieved to see another live human to be scared.

“S-sorry.” He said dropping his hands and putting as much distance between us as the space underneath the desk would allow. He pointed to the doors as three people were walking past. Two guys and a girl.

“It’s fine.” I answered, “but why are we hiding?”

“I don’t kn-“ he started.

I stood up and ran to the door but the guy caught my hand, “where are you going?”

“Um, I don’t know, to talk to them or something?” I answered continuing to walk to the door, dragging him with me.

“Hey, wait.” I called after them, it was so quiet that my voice carried farther then i meant it to. 

“well, that was easier than I thought.” The taller one of the guys said after turning around.

“Are there anymore besides you two?” the blond guy asked.

I turned to the stranger clinging onto me. He gulped and shook his head, “no, not here.”

I looked him, I mean really looked at him and noticed he was wearing a police uniform but looked way too young to be one; he was my height (short) with shaggy brown hair and eyes that drooped in the corners. His name tag read Officer Byun Baekhyun.

“I thought all the police were dead.” The girl said, crossing her arms across her chest.

“They are, of course except for me, but I’ve been -.” Baekhyun said, face turning red.

“been what?” I asked.

“Hiding.” He murmured.

“You’ve been hiding while something like this happens? Isn’t that, I don’t know, your job or something?” the tall boy asked.

He threw up his hands in defense, “what do you suggest I do? I’m hardly the authority.”

“I don’t know.” Tall boy said, ruffling his hair, “police stuff.”

“I was too freaked out.” He continued, “And we’ve never been trained for something like this. I thought I was the only one left.”

“We all did, Baekhyun.” I said.

“How’d you know my name?”

 I pointed to the gold plate on his uniform and he laughed, revealing perfectly shaped, bright white teeth. It was a smile that didn’t really belong to a cop, an idol maybe or a TV host, but definitely not someone in law enforcement.

“I’m kyungsoo.”

 

A/N: chapter 5 done. ill have the next chapter up as soon as possible, and make it a little longer.  thanks for reading. :D