Street Cred

Us Against The World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Stay away from them!"

"I heard they were the reason EXO has bruised wrists!"

"Those B*#$%>\! Who do they think they are?"

Jae bit her lower lip and kept her eyes on the ground as she and Hyunjoo walked down the halls of Sharon High.

"Don't mind them Jae. Let's go," Hyunjoo said, grabbing her friend's hand.

She pulled Jae along with her, moving quickly through the crowds of students.

Hyunjoo knew how sensitive Jae actually was.

Most people could never even fathom that.

The girls walked swiftly to the cafateria, which was an extremely extravagant resturant type of scenario.

As the two stood in line for their food, Jae glanced at the gossiping students. Her hands clenched into fists as she tightened her jaw.

Hyunjoo say her friend tense up and placed her hand gently onto her shoulder. "Calm down Jae," she whispered. "we knew that this would happen anyways. Just stay calm and let's try to make it through today. Please?"

Jae closed her eyes and drew in a shaky breath. "Okay," she said in a soft whisper. As soon as the words were out of , she felt something hit the back of her head. When she turned around, her face made contact to another object. She looked down and saw a grape tomato bounce off of her uniform. Before she had time to react, the two girls were pelted by the lunch food.

"Take that you freaks!"

"How dare you lay a hand on our EXO oppas!"

Hyunjoo glanced over at Jae who looked as if she was about to explode in any second. Quickly, she hugged her friend and shielded her from the rest of the food.

As the screaming continued, Jae raised her hands to her ears and started to shake. "Jae, calm down. Just calm down," Hyunjoo quickly said, knowing how much this was affecting the younger girl. 

"Get out of our school! You two only cause problems!"

Hyunjoo's eyes widened at the words. She felt Jae's panic attack coming and knew that the feelings of her past were stirring up again.

"Jae, I want you to go outside. Don't do anything without thinking but go outside and clear your head. Okay?" Hyunjoo said in a firm tone. Jae nodded silently as she turned around and ran out of the room. Hyunjoo closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Yah, where do you think you're going you bi-"

CRASH!!

The girl stopped talking and the room turned silent and Hyunjoo pushed down the stack of trays, making a loud clatter. "What the heck?" the girl asked, glaring.

"What do you think you are?" Hyunjoo asked with a cold glare. She stepped toward the girl who slowly backed away. "Is this funny to you?"

The girl glared back at her. "Well, who's the one who started it? You two are the ones that hurt EXO oppa's wrists!"

Hyunjoo scoffed and her eyes flashed in fury. "Oppa's? Ha, you've got to be kidding me. What kind of bullcrap are you saying?"

"B-bullcrap? You're a thug aren't you? Just listen to your words!" the girl snapped back.

"A thug?" Hyunjoo let out a laugh and felt her blood boil. "Even if I'm a thug, your EXO oppas spend more time with me then with someone like you. So if you don't want your ugly face to look more messed up than it already is then I suggest that you back off."

The girl's jaw dropped and out of nowhere she slapped Hyunjoo. The whole cafeteria turned deadly quiet as the sound of the slap echoed in the room.

Hyunjoo smirked and looked back at the girl. She knew that the other girl was coming out. The girl that she worked so hard to keep hidden. Her angry side.

"Don't make me laugh. You call that a hit?" Hyunjoo retorted before punching the girl in the face. The impact of her fist sent the girl sprawling backwards. "Even if your so-called oppas are as nice as you think they are, they'd never talk to someone as wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter