The Lunch Date

T A M I N G * W I T C H * H E E Y O U N G

 

Park Heeyoung's POV
 
"Omo! Sam! When did you get back? How come you didn't let me know? Did you know how much you much I miss you? How was your trip? Yahh! Why did you take so long over there?"
 
 
I was overwhelmed with emotions and couldn't help but jump into his arms like a kid. He reacted very quick and picked me up with one arm and spun around.
 
 
"Aigoo~ So many questions at once. Let me process one at a time will you Heeyoung?" He teased, an annoying smirk was plastered on his face.
 
 
He finally dropped me off and gave me a light knock on the head.
 
 
"Yah! How many times did I tell you not to do that? Don't forget that I'm a noona to you." I scolded him with my hands folded.
 
 
"Give it a break 'noona', you're only older than me by two weeks." He retaliated, mimicking my hand gestures.
 
 
"Whatever, just answer my questions." I said, trying to divert the argument that I was clearly loosing in.
 
 
He let out a sign "Fine, fine. If you so insist. I just got back two hours ago, I wanted it to be a surprised, I know you missed me...you text me everyday, and I'll answer the last two questions over lunch okay? Now let's go, I'm starving."
 
 
"But I can't, I have a conference in a bit." I replied in disappointment.
 
 
"Not until four, I just check with Soo Jin." He winked.
 
 
I rolled my eyes at his response, "Stop flirting with my employees and referring to their names so affectionately
will you? You're totally giving them false hopes" 
 
 
"Sorry, my good looks just attract the ladies naturally"  He calmly replied and handed over the bouquet of roses.
 
 
Gahh. This over-confident jerk. Someone needs to teach him a lesson. I sign in defeat and walked over to my desk to placed down the flowers. Afterwards, I grabbed my blazer and handbag. 
 
 
"Shall we go?" Sam winked again and offered his arm.
 
 
"Pffttt." I scoffed and left without him.
 
 
"Yah! Park Heeyoung!" He called out, running after me while the female population of employees swooned over him.
 
 
I only ignored him and quickened my pace out of the building.
 
 
I waited outside of the building while tapping my feet against the concrete floor.
 
 
He finally made it outside and squinted his beady eyes at me during the whole ride.
 
 
I quickly apologize for embarrassing him, or so he claims, when we arrived at the restaurant.
 
 
After that we were all jokes. Making fun of each other and whatnot.
 
 
Yup, this is our little special friendship. 
 
 
"Hey, you called Min Hee out for lunch too didn't you?" I peeked over the menu.
 
 
"Yeah I did, but she's discussing paperwork with her client and can't make it. She promised to join us later for dinner though." He replied, keeping his attention on the menu.
 
 
"Oh I see, now tell me. How was your trip in England? Why did you take a whole month when it was only suppose to last a single week?"
 
 
Sam went on and told his story while I listened eagerly.
 
 
"Well, I was just supposed to be in and out of London for fashion week. But then I met a guy. A great guy to be exact. He worked as a model for one of the brand showcased. I meant him backstage and we instantly hit it off. He invited me to come along with him on his trip to Italy. We spent the rest of the time touring the country. I guess I got a bit carried away."
 
 
I studied his expressions as he talked. Happiness was obvious on his face.
 
 
I decided to a bit, "Pictures or it didn't happen."
 
 
He narrowed his eyes at me and whipped out his cell phone out of his pocket. He clicked around for a moment and handed it to me.
 
 
"Well, hello there. He's cute. Model you say?" 
 
 
"Yes, and he's mine so back off sister." He replied.
 
 
"Woah, getting a bit possessive aren't we? I was just kidding Sammy." I laughed.
 
 
"I knew that. And don't call me that. You know I hate it." He stammered and huff out a breath.
 
 
"Whatever.... Sammy. What's his name?" I put on a more seriously tone this time. 
 
 
"Graham." He grunted.
 
 
"When can I meet this Graham guy who has my best friend head over heels?" I smiled and stuck out my tongue at him.
 
 
"Well he's back in London for the moment... But he's coming over here in a couple of weeks." He replied, beaming with joy.
 
 
"Oh yeah, his fellow model friend Josh is tagging along too. He's quite hot. And the best part? He's straight and single."
 
 
He added, giving me a wink as if hinting something.
 
 
I caught on, knowing exactly where he is going with this.
 
 
"Nope, I don't think so Sam. As tempting as that sounds, I kind of enjoy my single life at the moment. No need to help me with my love life. How about introducing this Josh guy to Min Hee instead?"
 
 
"But Heeyoung-ah, I'm not worried about Min Hee. She got plenty of suitors chasing after her. But you, ever since your relationship ended with Jae Hwa ended you been shutting everyone out." Sam raised his voice, speaking in a serious manner.
 
 
I froze at the mention of his name. Sam must have caught my reaction and apologized immediately.
 
 
"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Heeyoung-ah. I didn't mean to--"
 
 
"It's okay Sam, I know you didn't. Let's eat, our food is here." I cut him off, not wanting to continue the conversation any longer.
 
 
-After Lunch-
 
 
"Thanks for the yummy lunch Sammy. I'll see you later tonight arasso?" I unbuckled my seatbelt and leaned over to give him a hug.
 
 
He returned the hug and held on tightly.
 
 
"I sorry Heeyoung, I crossed the line. Are you sure you're okay" He apologized once again.
 
 
"Aigoo when did my Sammy get so considered? Yes, I'm perfectly fine. See?" I gave him a wide smile and reassured him.
 
 
He finally let go and smile back.
 
 
"But seriously Heeyoung, I'm have to find you a man soon so you won't grow old alone and live with twenty cats."
 
 
I narrowed my eyes and retorted, "I'm not even a cat person. And if anything I'll just live with you forever."
 
 
"Sure, as my maid you will." He stuck his tongue out at me.
 
 
I signed, "I can't just have the last words can I? I need to go now or I'll be late for the conference. See you later, alligator."
 
 
I got off the car and waved.

 
Sam rolled down his window and shouted, "Oh yeah, dinner's at your place Heeyoung!" 
 
 
"What? Why?" I shouted back.
 
 
"Because I miss your cooking!"
 
 
"Yeah right! You're just too lazy to cook."
 
 
"You know me so well." He cheekily smiled and drove off.
 
 
Aigoo. This guy just never change. 
 
 
-8.00 p.m.-
 
 
Before heading home, I stopped by the grocery store to purchase some ingredients.
 
 
Min Hee called me an hour prior to announce that she was craving some seafood alfredo pasta. I don't want to boast but I make a mean plate of seafood alfredo pasta.
 
 
I pulled up to the main gate in my car only to be greeted by those crazy fan girls from last night. They were still going at it, hopelessly calling out for their oppas and whatnot.
 
 
I ignored them and tried to maneuver through the crowd as carefully as possible. As much as I am annoyed with them, I didn't want to run anyone over.
 
 
Once I parked my car in the parking garage, I headed straight to my apartment. Sam and Min Hee already there had picked up Sir Thomas and Max from doggie daycare. 
 
 
Here I am struggling to hold onto my handbag and eight grocery bags. Stumbling all over the place in my stilettos.
 
 
"Yo! Neighbor need some help?" I turned around and met the stares of those sissy boy band.
 
 
Why is it every time I see them they offer me some help, do I appear that weak? And why do I keep running into them?
 
 
I groaned and shook my head, and made my way towards the elevator. One of the sissy boy was fast to act and pushed the 'up' button, seeing how I had no free hand left. And I was just about to resort to using my feet. Good call sissy boy.
 
 
We all waited for a minute before an elevator door opened. I got on first and the rest of them followed. Good thing this apartment complex have spacious elevators or else there would be no breathing room whatsoever.
 
 
We rode the elevator in an awkward silence. The sissy boy band didn't even talk to each other. How weird.