The Neighbors

T A M I N G * W I T C H * H E E Y O U N G

 

Kris's POV
 
I can't believe it. This girl was definitely something. I've never met one this feisty before. Or even one that swears like it's her second language.
 
Moreover, the first female to turn down my offer and rejected me without a hint of regret. 
 
All of the members including myself were still standing in the lobby of our apartment complex. It's been five minutes since that girl Hee something disappear behind the elevator doors after she threw our fan club's light stick away.
 
Although I could tell the members were impressed by her skills, we were feeling too insulted and humiliated at this moment to comprehend what was going on. 
 
Insulted at the fact that she threw the light stick like a piece of trash with no effort. Almost as if she intended it to be metamorphic in comparison to our group. Throwing us away instead like a piece of trash. If this her way of showing how much she didn't like us. Well, she made it crystal clear.
 
We were also too humiliated at the fact that EXO, twelve male members group, just got single-handedly showed up by a girl. We must have looked like a bunch of fools, judging by the way she smiled in triumph at us when she left.
 
After a couple minutes later, someone finally broke the silence.
 
"Did that just really happened?.......Or am I just dreaming." Baekhyun asked in a daze.
 
Chanyeol was quick to reply, "No dude, it happened. And it wasn't pretty."
 
And just like that, it went quiet again. I think we were all in agreement of Chanyeol's answer.
 
"What the heck are you guys doing standing around?" A familiar voice interrogated.
 
We turned our heads to the entrance and it was our managers. They must have parked the vans and were heading up to our dorms now. 
 
No one answered, I think they were still recovering from the shock.  I naturally took the lead and made up an excuse,
"Oh, we're just waiting for an elevator, it's taking a very long time hyung"
 
"Really?" one of the manager questioned and approached the elevator button. After a split second two elevator doors were widely opened. The manager turned back and gave me a doubtful look.
 
Great. Even the elevator is not cooperating with me today. That, or I must be terrible at lying. 
 
I guess the second guess was more valid as confirmed by the expressions I was receiving from my members. I could just read their inner thoughts from their facial expressions.
 
"Really bro?"
 
"You have got to be kidding me."
 
"Nice one dude."
 
"That's the best you can come up with?"
 
"Do you not know how to lie?"
 
"Good going."
 
"So much for that."
 
I gave them a stern glare in return. At least I made an attempt. We quickly got on the elevator and headed straight for the dorm.
 
Park Heeyoung's POV
 
Standing in front of my door, I entered the passcode on to the keypad and entered. I was delighted when warmly greeted by my two babies. Sir Thomas and Max. And at the sight of them, I quickly forgot about the misfortunate chain of events that was wrongly bestowed on me tonight.
 
Sir Thomas is a Saint Bernard, the word huge is an understatement for this guy. But he is a gentle giant for sure. If there was any bullying going on between him and Max, he was anything but the bully. He can be quite lazy and tends to lay around until he smells food. He is a er for cuddling and squeaky toys. His greatest fear is water. Whenever it is bath time, I have to coax him like a child with toys and treats until he gives consent to entering the bathtub. I had try to use physical force by enlisting the help of Sam and Min Hee, but it was a fruitless attempt. 
 
In contrast of Sir Thomas' calm and collected personality, Max, the Siberian Husky, is the complete opposite. He is constantly hyper and can never sit still for even just a minute. He knows exactly what to do to get what he wants, and does not take no for an answer. He can be very stubborn and more than happy to howl loudly to show his dissatisfaction. He can be quite the bully to Sir Thomas even though he's younger. One of his favorite pastime is hiding Sir Thomas' precious toys in very well hidden spots. And who else but myself carry on the task of finding them if I wanted a peaceful sleep. Bath time was the easiest due to the fact that Max loves being in the water. But getting him out of it? That's another story.
 
So there it is. I have two big dogs but can only realistically rely on one for protection. Max of course, he was very
protective and alert. While Sir Thomas is nothing but all looks. He comes off as very intimidating but only turns out to be a big coward. He's even scare of the pigeons in the park who are 1/10th his size.
 
But I love them both dearly and equally. They have their own charms that makes them oh so lovable. They both have been with me since their births. I had adopted Sir Thomas in senior year of my high school, while Sam and Min Hee gave me Max as a college graduation gift. After I received Max, him and Sir Thomas became inseparable. They did everything together. Even this sad owner feels left out sometime.
 
Anyways these two dogs were practically the happiness in my life. Regardless of the mood I'm in, they make me so happy for so many reasons. And the main reason for me living in this apartment complex was that it had a doggy daycare complete with a training facility. Being the type of dogs they were, Sir Thomas and Max needs physical activities on a daily basis. And being the workaholic that I am, I rarely have time to even take them for a walk. Which I feel very guilty about, but I can't help it.
 
After spending a while messing around with the both of them, I decided it was bedtime. But before anything, limped to the bathroom and took a long shower. After all, I need to sanitize my body from the touches of those crazy fan girls. Who knows? Their insanity and obsessive behaviors might be contagious. I even made sure I used my loofah for extra measures.
 
Before slipping off into dream land, I realized that I needed to take the trash out because I certainly won't have enough time in the morning. Grumpily, I sat up and slipped on my Hello Kitty fuzzy slippers. I'm not very much of a cat person, but who can resist HK? 
 
Sir Thomas and Max were fast asleep. So I had to hauled the heavy and smelly trash bag as quietly as I could. But I could have helped but walked with a sloppy limp that made a lot of noise.
 
Max raised his head in alert but quickly went back to sleep once he saw it was only me. Of course, Sir Thomas was dead asleep and was unaware of anything. Aissh this guy, burglars can come in this house and take everything and he won't even notice. I giggled hearty giggle before feeling the pain in my rear end once again.
 
"F.ckin' light stick." I cursed quietly to myself and made my way to the door.
 
I opened the doors only to meet the face that belonged to Mc Hottie, he too was carrying a trash bag. We stared at each other for a moment for quite a while. I know what I'm staring at, a damn gorgeous y face. But what the heck is he staring at.
 
"Hyung, what's taking so long?" a head poked out the door across from mine. It belonged to one of the sissy boys. He saw
me and his jaws dropped almost immediately. 
 
What? You never seen a pretty girl before? I stared back and studied his expression for a while before realizing the fact that these sissy boys were my next door neighbors.
 
They live right across from me. Would you look at that. Lucky me.
 
I looked back at the head that poked out from the door across, still his mouth was opened as wide as ever. 
 
What the hell man? Are you also that shock at the fact that we're neighbors?
 
And then it hit me. I remember what I was wearing, and looked down at my choice of apparel . SH.T.