Chapter 5: Ninja Mode

Cinderella And His Petal

*YEONHEE POV

I still could not get over Heechul’s rotten smile. I mean, a lot of girls love that smile of his, but to me that was just rude. Instead of going to the coffee shop, I rode a taxi back to my apartment. I’ll just wait for my Taemin until he finishes his practice until this afternoon. I want to be alone for the mean time.

*HEECHUL POV

I went to Soon Jae’s studio but she wasn’t there. She’s not answering her phone either. Where could she be? “Aish… Soon Jae, where are you?!” I muttered in disappointment.

*SOON JAE POV

“Thanks for the fruit shake, Yesungie!” I said and sipped the fruit shake I ordered from Handel and Gretel. “Your phone kept on ringing.” He said sitting down in front of me. “Nae. Don’t mind it. Haha!” I said and turned my phone off. “Oh, by the way, I have a question!” I asked him. “Nae?” he asked back. “What will you do if you have someone you like but you can’t get her attention? How will you get her attention?” I asked him. “Well… I’ll be close to her. I’ll talk to her often, invite her to eat out, smile and when I know I’m ready to confess, I’m going to confess to her. Why?” he asked me. “I have a friend who has a problem with a girl right now. He doesn’t know how to express himself.” I said as I checked my twitter account. Heechul sent me a DM just now.

@Heedictator I failed. Where are you?

He failed what?! Aish. Kim Heechul, really. “Oh, Heechul hyung asked me if you’re here in Handel. I said yes. He said…” Yesung looked at the reply, “He’s on his way.” He said smiling as he stood up to go back to the counter again. After a few minutes, I saw him come out of his car. “Annyeong, hyung.” Yesung greeted him and he smiled back. “Soon Jae, I failed Plan A. I smirked at her instead of smile. She looked offended. What am I going to do?” he asked me. I kept silent and pretended to check my laptop which was turned off. “Yah, Soon Jae!” he said looking irritated. “What?” I said frowning. “I’m sorry.” He said and looked down. “You should be telling that to Yeonhee not to me.” I said and stood up. “I’m busy, Heechul.” I said before I said my goodbye to Yesung and went out the shop.

*YEONHEE POV

“Are you okay, Yeonhee?” Sungjin Oppa asked me as he saw me looking disturbed while surfing the internet. “Huh? Err… no, Oppa. I’m not.” I said and frowned. “Wae? Is there anything wrong?” he asked me. “Well… it’s because of Heechul, Oppa.” I said and sat beside him on the couch. “Oh, what did Heechul hyung did?” he asked me. “I don’t know if I should continue to keep my feelings for him or just let them go… it seems like there’s something going on between him and Soon Jae.” I said as let out a sigh. “Aww… Yeonhee, you’re just not used to having Soon Jae around. She’s really kind and I’m sure there’s nothing going on between her and Heechul hyung. She’s just close to him since she’s also an AB type. And you can’t blame her since she came when you left so she kinda like grew closer to all of us.” He said smiling at me. “But… still… well… maybe you’re right, Oppa. I’m just not used to it.” I said and sighed again. What if I try bonding with Soon Jae? Perhaps I’ll understand why they’re so close to her.

Later that afternoon, I went back to SME to see Taemin. He was already waiting for me at the lobby for like 30 minutes. “I’m sorry, I’m kinda late! Traffic downtown was like super heavy.” I said panting. “It’s okay, Yeonhee. So, where will we go today?” he asked me smiling. Taemin wore his usual sweat pants and hoodie. “Let’s take a walk in Myeongdong. Then in Hongdae.” I said as he stood up to fix himself. “Shall we?” he asked me. I held his hand and we went on our way to Myeongdong.

*SOON JAE POV

“There they go. Let’s go!” I said and tugged on Heechul’s sleeve. “Soon Jae, why do we have to do this?!” he asked me as we walked and followed Yeonhee and Taemin. “We’re on ninja mode! I can feel that there’s something about Yeonhee that concerns you.” I said as we continued walking. “Ninja mode, huh? How can you be able to hear them? And I swear she doesn’t like me.” Heechul said in frustration. “Just shut up and follow them.” I said and tried not to lose sight of Taemin and Yeonhee.

*YEONHEE POV

I missed walking on the streets of Seoul. The sun was setting and we first decided to eat before walking along Myeongdong so we went inside a restaurant. “Okay, Yeonhee, let’s talk about you first.” Taemin said as he settled himself in front of me and checked the menu. “What about me?” I asked him smiling. “Well, you looked like having problems just this morning. Why?” he asked me. “You’re really my bestfriend, Taemin.” I said and smiled. “Well, to tell you the truth, I’m kinda bothered with Soon Jae’s presence. You know that I liked Heechul Oppa even before and I’m just not used with Soon Jae being around him like a girlfriend when she’s not.” I said trying to keep my voice down. “Omo! You’re jealous of her, Yeonhee?!” he asked in surprise. “I don’t know… maybe I am.” I said frowning. “But, Soon Jae’s not like what you think she is. She’s really kind. She’s just close to us because we work with her and she’s being friendly and all.” He said. “They keep on telling me that but I can’t see their point.” I said as the waiter approached us.

*HEECHUL POV

We heard everything that Yeonhee said. I saw Soon Jae smirking. So she was right about Yeonhee. “I’m going to the studio. Something came up.” she said before standing up and going out of the restaurant. I tried following her but she disappeared.

[A/N: I promise to update this as soon as I can! :))]