Chapter 4: Plan A: Smile

Cinderella And His Petal

The next day, Yeonhee visited SME with Sungmin, Kyuhyun, and Leeteuk. They went to their practice room and she went to SHINee’s practice room.

*YEONHEE POV

Yay! I’m going to see SHINee after 5 years! I quietly crept to their practice room and heard them talking. “Oh, Kyuhyun hyung is inviting me to eat with him and Sungmin hyung.” Key said. “I miss bonding with Heechul hyung.” Taemin said. “I missed you!” I began and they were all surprised to see me. “YEONHEE!” they said in unison and we did a group hug. “Omona~ look at you! It’s been 5 years!” Taemin said trying to measure how tall I’ve gotten. “Nae, and look at all of you! You’ve changed a lot! Taeminnie, you look even more like Heechul Oppa! And Key! Dashing as ever! Jonghyun! Why didn’t you change hairstyle? Omo, Minho! Have you been working out? Onew, I’m sorry I haven’t brought you any chickens today.” I said excitedly. “Let me catch up with everything!” I said and we all sat down the couch. They all told me what happened after 5 years and apparently, Soon Jae wasn’t only working with Super Junior and SME. She has also worked with other entertainment companies as well. So, she was the director behind SHINee’s latest MV. Okay, well I couldn’t say anything more about her. “Taemin-ah, I want to talk to you. You know how much I missed you and you’re like my best, best friend.” I said as the others started to fix themselves for practice. “Sure! I’ll be free this afternoon. Just send me a message in my Kakao. It’s still the same ID.” He said and smiled.

*HEECHUL POV

I arrived in SME to see Sungmin, Teuk hyung and Kyuhyun. Okay, so I guess Yeonhee’s here too. Then I received a message from Soon Jae.

From: Cherry Jae

Yah! Now, here’s PLAN A: Smile at her. You need to smile at her then strike a conversation then invite her to dinner! It’s not hard to smile, okay? I’ll be busy today. Just update me via message. ^^ Hwaiting!

Great. Smile? How can I smile? “Hyung, are you alright?” Kyuhyun asked when he saw me smirking over my phone because of SJ’s message. “Uhh, yeah! Yeah!” I said and replied to her message.

To: Cherry Jae

SMILE?! LIKE HOW SMILE? WHAT SMILE? ><” Why can’t you just talk to her?!

And I pressed send. Her reply came in fast! Is she really busy?

From: Cherry Jae

I’m not some kind of your messenger, Heechul. And if you really like the girl you’d do anything right? Smile. It’s simple. Just like when you see Sohee in SME. That smile. :) I’m busy. I can’t answer right away after this. Bye. ^^

To: Cherry Jae

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY BUSY?! Fine. I hate you. Don’t ever contact me again.

From: Cherry Jae

Who are you? Why are you sending me a message? :P

“AISH!” I said in frustration and stomped my feet. Why is my bestfriend not helping me?! “Yah, Heechul, are you alright?” Teuk asked me. “No.” I said, scowling. “Oh, hi, Oppa!” it was Yeonhee. “Hey.” I said and smiled but she looked affronted. Sungmin saw me and his eyes like went big!

*YEONHEE POV

I… I just said hi to him and he smirked at me?! He doesn’t need to do that! Seriously, why is he treating me like this? ><” “Err… I’ll just go to the coffee shop.” I said and went out.

*HEECHUL POV

“Hyung, why did you smirk at her? Is there anything wrong with my sister?” Sungmin asked me defensively. “I smirked?!” I asked them. “Nae, hyung. You were like, ‘hey!’ then you did your smirk.” Kyuhyun said imitating me. “Aish! I didn’t mean to! I’m sorry!” I said and buried my face on Jung Su’s shoulders. “Are you sure you’re okay, Heechul?” Teuk repeated his question.