다시 시작: Starting Over

Without Hesitation

The next morning you dragged yourself out of bed and headed to class like you usually did. You walked down the same hallways and went to all of the same classes. But this time you didn't avoid Myungsoo. Everytime you saw him, you continued to keep walking in the same direction. He would awkwardly wave at you once in a while, and you would ignore his gesture each and everytime.

As the days passed it seemed that Myungsoo was popping up more and more; almost as if he was searching for you. But you payed him no attention. It was hard putting all of your focus elsewhere, but with the help of Woohyun, it was a little easier.

Woohyun was a lot different from Myungsoo. He was really goofy and weird, lacking any sense of cool like Myung. Usually whenever he was around you he'd break out in heart throwing frenzies and begin to stutter a lot. But it didn't really bother you though, in fact, you enjoyed his weirdness, it made you feel secure and safe around him. So safe that you agreed to join student council with him just to pass the time. Since you and Woohyun wouldn't be able to really hang out till the next student council meeting, he thought that he should walk you home from your job that evening, he waited all the way till eight o'clock just to make sure you got home safely. As you left Miss A cafe you were welcomed by his goofy smile and another session of his aegyo.

"Hello there ______ah!~ Are you ready for our glorious walk home this evening?" he announced as he continued to throw hearts your way.

"If you say so... You know I only live about 4 blocks away right? You really don't have to do this." you pleaded even though you knew Woohyun was way too stubborn to allow such a thing.

"Yah!  I'm walking you home ____ah, no ifs, ands, or buts, especially after what happened yesterday. Don't you think you need someone to protect you?"

"No, not really. I've been doing just fine thus far," you trailed off as a hint of dissapointment came over his face, "but... I could use the company so I guess you can tag along."

As a glimmer of hope rang through his chubby cheeks he yanked your books from your arms and began to head off.

"Are you going to the next student council meeting ______ah?"

"Oh crap! I totally forgot, when is it?"

"Tomorrow. You need a ride? I can take you if you'd like. Oh, or we could just walk home together again.. I-I-I mean if you want to. You don't have to. It's up to you I mean.. Oh, and we should probably sit next to eachother too. You know, so no one bothers you. But, I mean that's only if you want to. The choice is yours" as he finished his last sentence he took a deep breath and stared at you waiting for your response.

"Wow. You talk a lot don't you?" you began to burst into laughter and soon enough Woohyun awkward joined, "I mean we should probably sit together since I don't really know anyone else. And  I do enjoy your company so if you wanted we could walk home. It doesn't really matter." you kept your focus on the streets ahead of you but could feel Woohyun's gaze on you.

"Yeah." was all he could say beneath his breath. His smile was big as he took his gaze off you to notice that you were home. "So," he continued, " here you are _____ah. I guess I'll see you tomorrow at the meeting right?"

"Yep. See ya Woohyun." As you began to walk up to your front door Woohyun called your name causing you to jerk around. His arms were forming a large heart, and inside that cheesy heart was his bright smile

"Bye-bye!~" You laughed and shook your head in embarrasment as you unlocked your door. 

As soon as you got one foot into the door Mittens came from behind your sofa and wrapped herself around your legs with a soft purr.

"Yeah, yeah Mittens I know, boys are weird."

_________________________________________

As you walked into the room you noticed that there weren't many empty seats left. You glanced around the room for Woohyun's face, but ended up settling for a seat near the front. Everyone seemed to have someone to talk to as they all waited for the meeting to begin, except for you.

In order to avoid the awkwardness of sitting alone you grabbed your phone out and began to look at old pictures. There were pictures of you with pink tails that reminded you of how much of a dork you were, Mittens as a kitten, and then a man who you'd forgotten about. He was hugging you tightly and the both of you were laughing in the photo. You had to be around 8 or 9 at the time.  The memory of the photo made you cringe; you looked around the room to see if anyone was watching, and deleted the photo.

Your phone went back to the main menu, and just as you were about to place it back into your backpack you felt a sharp pain in the back of your head.

"Ow!" you yelped as you rubbed the back of your head. Just as the pain faded your phone began to ring. "New text message," you read aloud:


Woohyun:

Yah! I thought you said we were gonna sit together ______ah!~ -____- Don't you wanna come over to the back with me, it's much safer ;D <3<3


You turned around only to see Woohyun give you a wink and signal for you to come over to his seat. You chuckled and grabbed your backpack.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT!" Came a voice from the hallway, "Are you guys ready to start this meeting." It was Mr.Heechul, your english teacher.

Someone made a smart comment about how everyone had been ready to start, but Mr. Heechul ignored it and grabbed a piece of chalk.

"So, this meeting is to decide who's doing what at the spring ball next week. We need students to take care of drinks, food, music, and decorations"

Kids began to spurt out teams that they wanted to be in as he began to write on the board.

"Well," he began, "it's nice to know that you all have opinions, but I will be deciding who will work with who for this. I need you all focused, and if you're hanging out with your friends nothing will get accomplished. So. I've decided your groups for you. First I have," He grabbed his piece of chalk and wrote in big letters:


MUSIC:

Jessica, Minho, Minzy

FOOD:

Donghae, Zico, Daehyun

DECORATIONS:

Nicole, Tiffany, Jieyon

DRINKS:

______, Woohyun, Sunny

P.S- YOU MUST DRESS UP FOR THE BALL. NO EXCEPTIONS!


"Now that that's done, you can all go home." Mr. Heechul slammed the chalk on the table and walked out of the classroom, leaving the students to themselves.

"Hey _____ah look! We're gonna be working together. Yay!!" Woohyun shouted through the commotion of all the other dissapointed students. He wrapped his arms around you and squeezed you tightly as you kept your concentration on the board.

"Wait a second," you whispered, "we have to dress up for this?!"

"Well yeah, I mean it is the spring ball after all, what'd you expect??" Woohyun sarcastically questioned.

You jerked your head in his direction to respond, only to notice how close you two were. His arms were still tightly wrapped around you and his face was just inches from yours.

"Uhh.. Woohyun, you're still hugging me."

"And.." he quickly responded as he snuggled his chin into your shoulder.

"People are starting to stare." you chuckled.

"Let them."

You laughed as he let go of you and stood up to grab your binder.

"Come on _______ah, let's get out of here."

___________________________________________________________

A/N: FINALLYY!!~ Sorry this took over a month. I'm just glad that I have really, REALLY loyal followers :D. Anywho~ I think this took me so long due to the fact that I had lost all confidence in this story. After submitting it to a review shop and getting some harsh feedback, I had come to the conclusion that I was going to delete this story all together. But after a lot of thought I figured I should just finish this off and stick with one-shots afterward. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't finish what I started. So just be patient readers, although it may take me a while, I WILL FINISH THIS STORY!

p.s- did you notice how all of the students in student council were famous kpop stars XD. KEKEKKE Mianhae~, I couldn't resist!!