가장 친한 친구: Best Friends

Without Hesitation

The next day you feel invincible. You wake up 20 minutes earlier than usual and dance around the house singing to yourself. You greet Mittens with a warm hug and head off to school.

Your feet feel light and your backpack feels empty. The clouds were fuller than usual and the sun embraced you with its smiling face. The snow no longer gave your legs such a hard time, instead the big white clumps rejoiced with each step you took.

Nothing could possibly ruin this high; that is until you managed to trip and fall right onto your face.

You can hear the laughter of students everywhere as you sit up and rub your head; a boy appears in front of you grabbing your books and crumpled papers.

"Are you okay?" he ask staring directly at the cut on your knee.

"Yeah, I'm fine. This sort of thing happens to me a lot. Eventually, you get used to it." you proudly admit.

He chuckles at your response as the two of you begin to pick up all of your belongings. You can see him stop and begin to stare at you intently as you begin to collect the last of your things. You stand and reach your hand out for him to shake while he was still on his knees with your folders in his hand. You take this awkward moment as an opportunity to introduce yourself.

"I'm ________ by the way. It was really nice talking to you...." he seems to be in deep thought, he was staring at you as if he was hypnotized, or mesmerized by your face, until he catches on and realizes that it was his queue to introduce himself.

"Oh! U-Uh, W-Woohyun. I'm Woohyun." He stands up and begins to wipe his hands against his jacket before giving you a firm handshake. You laugh at his awkwardness and try to continue your conversation with him until Myungsoo walks up to you.

"Hey ________ah! long time no see huh?" he says sarcastically. You reply with a cute giggle and a smile.

"Hey Myungsoo." Woohyun groans. He crosses his arms and rolls his eyes in defeat.

"Hey Woohyun! I didn't know you two knew eachother?" he adds

"Well," I interrupt, "we just met a few seconds ago. Woohyun was helping me with my things."

"Oh, cool. Hey _______ah, thanks again for all of the help  yesterday. I was thinking next Saturday you could read my revised version, it's definitely NOT bor-"

"You two were hanging out yesterday?" Woohyun interrupts with a look of curiosity.

"Yeah," you begin "I help tutor Myung on the weekends."

Woohyun glares at Myungsoo.

"Hey, you've got a pretty bad cut on your knee ________ah."

"What?? Oh yeah, it's nothing really."

"You should probably go get it checked out at the nurses office. Here I'll take you there." Myungsoo takes your books from you and begins to walk ahead. You look back to see Woohyun's dissapointed face.

"I'll see you later Woohyun." you say as you take the rest of your papers from him.

"Yah!" Myungsoo yells, "You coming?" You giggle and catch up to Myungsoo, leaving Woohyun behind.

_________________________________________________________

After school you decided to take a trip up to Miss A's coffee shop. It'd been a while since you last talked to Suzy, you missed having her around. The shop was a hole in the wall, but man did they make great coffee. 

As you step into the shop you're welcomed to the loud buzzing of coffee being made and mugs clashing onto tables. You look around for Suzy through the buzzing shop and see her attempting to carry a mop, mug of coffee, and a few rags while taking a customers order. She was never that good at multitasking.

"Suzy!" you cheerfully shout as you try to grab a few items from her.

"Hey ________ah! God I'm so glad to see you!" she sets the mugs on a counter and runs over to hug you.

"Need some help?" you say leaving her embrace.

"YES!"

As the day continued, you turned into Suzy's temporary waitress, taking orders and cleaning up tables. It was a lot of fun to be with your best friend again, even if you had to wait tables all day.

While in the middle of cleaning up one of the counters a customer comes and takes a seat in front of you.

"Welcome to Miss A's coffee shop, home of Korea's best coffee, what can I get cha?" you say while trying to clean at a stubborn stain on the countertop.

"________ah, is that you? When did you start working here?"

You're head jolts up to see Woohyun staring at your uniform. You begin to blush from the embarassment.

"I'm not actually working here. I-I-I'm just helping a friend. Stop staring at my uniform like that!"

He chuckles and begins to look at the menu.

"I guess I'll have a mocha."

"Coming up." you sarcastically announce. Once you've given Woohyun his drink you can see him constantly staring at you out of the corner of your eye. As you see him begin to leave, you raise your hand up high and wave goodbye to him. He gives you a short wave back and heads out of the shop. You knew he thought you were a complete weirdo, but you didn't really seem to mind much.

It was closing time and you and Suzy had finally finished cleaning up the last of the shop. She looked exhausted as she carefully made her way to an open seat.

"UGH!" she sighs as she sits down. You laugh hysterically at the sight of Suzy trying to sit down.

"You look like an old lady!"

"Shut up! Look _______ah, I could really use your help here. I know your busy with your school. But I don't know how long I can do this on my own. The last waitress I had set her hair on fire trying to use the coffee machine."

You roll your eyes at Suzy's attempt to get you to work at the shop.

"Well, I guess since I have nothing better to do." you began.

She immediately leaps up from her seat and wraps her arms around you.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!"

"Yeah, yeah get off." you push her face away from hers as she tries to kiss you repeatedly. "So, how'd that waitress set her hair on fire?" you ask tryiing to change the subject.

"Ugh, she was so stupid. Some blonde named Sunny. What kind of name is that?! She ended up having to cut her hair up to her shoulders, poor girl."

You two start to bust into laughter as you begin to leave the shop.

From now on, it'd be you and Suzy working at her shop. Things were honestly starting to look up for you.

________________________________