The secret

BigBang and the gay rumor

3.The secret

 

Here they were. Daesung was reading a book, even though he was at the same page for about half an hour. The opposite of Seunghyun, who was comfortably seated in one of the couches of the waiting room, playing a video game on his cellphone. As for him, Seungri, he was resting his back on the wall, tapping nervously the floor with his foot. Here they were waiting outside Yang ceo's office.

An hour before they end of practice, Jiyong and Youngbae were called into the Ceo's office. Everyone tensed up, Jiyong stormed away from the room dragging Youngbae with him. Seungri could have imagined how he felt. Exactly how he was feeling in that moment.

Stop it Ri. You are not even in rhythm.” said Daesung in a calm tone. Seungri glared at him but Daesung continued “just relax.”

Hn, says the man who was reading the same page for half an hour” Daesung gulped and quickly turned the page. Seungri smirked. But then he looked at the apparently easygoing Seunghyun and he frowned. How he managed to play in a moment like that?

Nobody could suspect that Seunghyun was losing the tenth game consecutively. He was worried as hell but showing his state would not be of any help. So he was faking too.

Suddenly they heard some noises coming from the office and they quickly stood up, Seunghyun nearly dropped the phone. The door opened and there, with a blank expression stood Jiyong. He looked at them, no surprised to see them there. Seungri blinked furiously seeing the state of his leader. Then came Youngbae along with Yang Ceo. Youngbae made a weak smile but he had a determined gaze.

Hyung!” exclaimed Seungri, going towards them. Jiyong grabbed his arm and squeezed it. Seungri met his gaze and when he was going to open his mouth and ask something, Yang ceo interrupted him and said:” tomorrow there's gonna be a press conference in which we'll explain all and will put an end to this awkward situation. Jiyong, Youngbae, I let you guys alone so you can explain all to the others.

Yang patted the shoulders of the two of them and smiled to the others trying to be of reassurance but resulting instead being creepy. Then he went towards the door and exited.

Once he closed the door exploded the bomb.

 

 

 

 

Hyung HOW could you? HOW!” asked Seungri in disbelief. Youngbae had already told them the truth and everyone was still startled.

Seungri!”exclaimed Daesung. He was the only one that seemed not surprise. He had time to think about the situation and so he was not annoyed anymore. Even though he still thought that Youngbae could have managed better, he knew it was not his fault.

No Daesung hyung, this time don't interfere!”

Daesung it's okay” replied Youngbae apparently calm.

Seungri...” Youngbae inspired: he had to explain himself. He thought that the main problem would have been Jiyong and not the others. “Sometimes it just happens. I'm not saying that is right or that I didn't mess it up. But I didn't do it on purpose. You can't prevent it, you can't control it. You only know that is love... and there's no reasonable point that could stop you. It feels so natural that it's almost scaring.”

But hyung!”

Ri I thought that you above all could understand how twisted love could be” said Youngbae raising his voice. Seungri gasped internally. He was not going to be fooled by Youngbae words, that fact had nothing to do with the current situation. On the contrary. It was an ulterior motive to be angry.

Yes and that's why I remind pretty well that there are rules, hyung, between buddies. You knew you couldn't. The worst thing is that you lied to us, even to your bestfriend” he continued pointing at Jiyong “ And now you hide behind the word love and pretend to be forgiven? “

I'm not saying I did well.”

Just how long were you going to keep it secret if this video would not be released?”

Youngbae frowned but he managed to say in a whisper “damn Ri... I just fell in love.”

And after that he was in tears. The heart of all of them cracked.

Enough!” Jiyong said interrupting the scene. He had to stop that earlier but he felt still a little dizzy after knowing the truth and he didn't manage to say anything. He was also took aback by the maknae sudden outburst. Seungri was furious. Furious not at him but for him. It was wrong to feel warm inside because of that? “ Seungri” began Jiyong “this thing it can only affect me and yes I won't deny it, I actually am, but I can stand it. Youngbae is my best friend and we are family, so we can easily move on and forget this issue. We have to be happy that once the truth will be released, Bigbang will not be damaged. That's all” Seungri looked down and bit his lip. Maybe not Bigbang but Jiyong was going to be damaged for sure, he thought. And that was enough for made him angry. But deep down he had to admit that Jiyong was right. And yes, Youngbae too. “ I already resolve the things with Youngbae. I let you the time to speak with him” and saying that he exited the room. Seungri look at his hyungs. Daesung was patting the back of Youngbae trying to console him. He was till angry- it was Jiyong, damn- but he also regretted the harsh words he said. If Jiyong said to let it go who was him to fight back? Seunghyun who stayed apart for all the discussion, went near Seungri, put an arm across his shoulders and squeezed the right one. “Just go ri. Go and hug your hyung”said with a smile. He didn't know if it was the effect of Jiyong's words or Seunghyun kind expression but somehow he found himself running towards Youngbae and hugging him tight. Youngbae hugged him back immediately.

Jiyong who was spying from the door slightly open sighed in relief. Bigbang brotherhood was unbreakable.

 

 

 

 

Later in the dorm ,it was all silent. But it was not an awkward silent just a relaxed one. After all the worries the group was reunited again. Daesung cooked for all of them and they ate in a nice atmosphere in the kitchen.

Seunghyun did his best as entertainer, teasing Daesung and the maknae with no mercy. Jiyong laughed too along with Youngbae. But then he excused himself saying that he had to smoke. He went outside. Just when he got in the terrace he knew that Seunghyun would have followed him.

You know you are becoming a stalker hyung.”

I only appreciate the fresh air of the night.”

Whatever” said a smirking leader.

You know if the maknae wouldn't have shouted like he did, maybe we wouldn't have been this calm right now.

Are you kidding me?”Jiyong asked him, nearly chocking with the smoke.

Not at all. He asked the same things we all would have wanted to ask but not dared. If it weren't for him, we would silently accepted but eventually conserved a grudge, never able to see the sincerity of Youngbae's tears. But his temperament saved us. Right now I'm really thankful to him. Jiyong kept in silence, reflecting upon his hyung's words. Seunghyun wanted to ask Jiyong again if he had the time to resolve his issue with Seungri, but couldn't dare.

If you wanted to ask about Seungri I can only tell you that yes, I resolve at least a part of the problem.”

How did you know..?”

It was written all over your face.”

Am I so obvious?”

You know sometimes I think the most obsessed with Seungri is not actually me, but you” teased Jiyong.

I only care for my dongsaeng.”

Of course.”

Anyway have you talked to him?”

Yes, yesterday”

But you said you resolve only a part. What about the other part?”

I'm still working on it.”

Try harder leader” Jiyong giggled as he threw his cigarette and went back into the house. He found everyone still in the kitchen, cleaning the rest of their dinner. He said good night to them and than he went to his room to sleep. He was exhausted. However once he was going to fall asleep, he heard a slight knock at the door.

Hyung! Are you sleeping?”

If I were, you would have definitely woke me up with this!”

I come in!” and with that Seungri entered the room ignoring his remark. What do I have to do with that brat? Seungri was standing there in the dark room. From the light that came from the window he could notice that he was in his pyjamas, staring at him. Jiyong seated up as Seungri went towards him and seated next to him.

What is it Seungri?”

I just wanted to ask you... are you ok?” he was caught off guard. He was so sure he was ok, he was so sure he was strong that he didn't realize that he had suppressed everything, not facing his emotions. It took only a question from Seungri and Jiyong cracked. He didn't notice he was crying until he felt Seungri hugging him tightly. He remembered the time when Seungri cried in the crock of his neck, that time of the scandal. And here they were, the roles reversed. Life was funny. However what made him cry the most was not Youngbae's issue but the feeling caused by Seungri's body. It felt so right that it was unbearable. You can't prevent it, you can't control it. You only know it's love... and there's no reasonable point that could stop you. It feels so natural that it's almost scaring. Those were Youngbae's words. And when he realized just how much those words were right for him, how much sense made for him, something in his mind exploded. No more mantra whispering maknae maknae, but all his mind was shouting Seungri, Seungri, Seungri.

What a troublesome leader I am” said Jiyong trying to recompose himself.

I always knew that”

Said the troublesome maknae”

Hey, in the end I'm the only one here who never went trough a scandal” said Seungri pouting

Seunghyun hyung too”

Well, we Seunghyun rock”

Yes, yes whatever.”

After that Seungri somehow managed to convince him that sleeping together was a good idea. Only because the maknae was too lazy to stand up and go to his room. Seungri was lucky that he was too exhausted to argue him back. So they laid on the bed, back to back.

Hyung!”

Let me sleep Ri...”

“…”

What?”

I still think it would be a lot better if Youngbae were really gay.”

The laugh of Jiyong was loud enough to make the other members gasp in their beds.

Seungri, Seungri, Seungri.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a refreshing morning, the weather was perfect and the temperature was mild. The perfect day for a trip. Except that the world was in that moment all cramped in the conference room of the Yg building. At the large table were seated Jiyong with sunglasses covering all his face and Youngbae, face free because he wanted for the fans to be able to see the sternness look in his eyes.

Ahem”Youngbae cleared his throat “good morning to everyone. Ehm, I think we all know why we are here. There were some rumors about me, and usually I would let it past, cause I'm not the type who gets angry at every false voice that is spread around. However this time I cannot let it pass. Because they are involved not only me but the two people I love the most. One is here by my side” and with that he grabbed Jiyong's hand “the other one will be here soon.”

An “oohh” spread around the room, the excitation at the highest level.

The other three members of Bigbang were standing in a corner. Seungri was the most nervous. Seunghyun ruffled his hair, despite knowing how Seungri didn't like it. Such a teaser, thought Seungri but he was, in a weirdly way, happy. Because he knew Seunghyun wanted only to relax him acting as his usual self: trying to piss him off.

I bet all of you have seen the video” said Youngbae trying to joke about it even though it was not funny at all. But it worked. The people laughed clearing the atmosphere. But then he said something that took all the breaths always.

I admit the video is not fake, it's true.”

The room went in a silent shock.

But is not how it seems: I'm not gay.”

How could you say it's not how it seems when you are admitting that it's true?” asked a reporter.

Please, I said no question!” requested in a barely polite tone the president.

No it's ok Yang-shi. What I was trying to say is that even if the video is true, your guesses are not. Yuu, can you come here?” asked in a sweet tone Youngbae. A tall and slender figure stood up from the end of the room. Everyone turned towards him, flashes of cameras allover the place.

The figure was wearing a cap and was in casual clothes.

It was the guy in the video! He seated next to Youngbae, pecked his cheek for everyone disbelief and then with a gesture full of feminine grace he pull out his cap to reveal short hair but a beautiful woman face.

She is Lee Yuura and she is my girlfriend.”

An outburst came from the crowd.

We started dating only 4 months ago, but we knew each other for years. The reason for all this secrecy it was not only a matter on public image. Sure, I wanted to protect our privacy but if I would have been more sincere with my bandmates all this fuss would have never occurred and I could protect her for some time more. But..”Youngbae bit his lip, unable to went on.

Taeyang hyung is too considerate to say it for his own. So I, as the leader, would say it”continued Jiyong for him “we knew that for someone, some bad people who enjoy spread fake rumours, would be not enough knowing that the guy is in fact a girl, his girlfriend. Someone could have think that is a maneuver to camouflage the true. It's not like that. Yuura is not only the girlfriend of Taeyang but she was also my former girlfriend.”

The crowd murmured loudly.

We singers” he continued “ are always jealous of our privacy, the secret engagement of se7en hyung of almost ten years could prove it. So if I reveal this private detail of mine to the world it's because I wanted to be sure that none has a doubt about the verity of Taeyang's words.”

Youngbae looked at him with gratitude.

Well I think this is all” said Yang Ceo as the members and Yuura stood up.

Ah a last thing: I'm happy for the both of them because he's my best friend and she is my childhood friend. So don't disturb to insinuate that I'm upset or heartbroken or whatsoever. I'm perfectly fine.”said Jiyong giggling. And with that he took off his sunglasses to let all of the reporters see his bright face.

The members and Yuura they all went in the private rooms of the building. Jiyong hugged the two of them.

I wish the both of you happiness.”

You are not angry wit us Jiyong really?”she asked him.

Maybe at first, but I meant every word I said at the conference. You and I, Yuura, tried years ago and we failed. That's all. Now it is your time.” He said with a cheerful smile. Yuura hugged him. To be sincere Jiyong felt at first, shocked, in pain, betrayed when he heard for the first time Youngbae's confession. But he managed to suppress all once it was evident that Youngbae was really in love. Youngbae. The guy who needed a girlfriend. He didn't have the heart to be visibly angry with him. But somehow those emotions were in him and maybe he would have carried on if it weren't for Seungri. Yes, he had no more feelings for her. He didn't love her. But he was the type of person that tended to suppress instead of overcome. But then came Seungri. He made him cry his emotions out. It worked. Now he felt regenerate. It was still a bit strange and it was not like he was going to jump for the joy, but he could handle it.

Youngbae I think you at least are a bit gay.”

What?” gulped Youngbae

You obviously chased the female version of me!” everybody laughed. It was actually true. Between Yuura and him, the things didn't worked because they were too similar. It was hilarious to think that Youngbae had only one type he liked.

Maybe Ji. Maybe, but you know I particularly like the detail that she is a girl! “ other laughs erupted.

The members went to lounge room were the president prepared a small buffet to celebrate Youngbae's new engagement, but in reality to celebrate the end of the drama. Everyone was eating and drinking and the atmosphere was bright.

Jiyong you did well. Your smile is brighter” said Seunghyun while eating a piece of cake.

Thank you!”

Is it the maknae's merit?” teased the older.

Shut up!” he said hitting his arm. The true was that Seunghyun was right. It was all Seungri's merit, but that was not something he was going to say aloud.

Jiyong had admitted with himself that the feelings towards Seungri were really strong. But it was not like he was going to do something about.

Sometimes we love.

And it stops there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The days passed. They still had practice but at least they didn't have broadcast or interviews. The situation went back to normal. Except that Youngbae now was always on the phone and Seunghyun thought that it was more funny to instead of the maknae. Seungri was happy like none in the world for this new habit.

Everything was going so well that Jiyong nearly forgot the unresolved issues with the maknae. Yes he still had that mantra. But now was Seungri, Seungri. He could handle it. So he was relaxed and oblivious when Seungri stopped him one day after practice and said to him:” hyung we have to talk.”

Sure ri. Tell me!” he said with a smile. Everyday now it felt great.

You still have to tell me.”

Yes, what?”

Have you forgotten? You still own me an answer. Why were you avoiding me that time?”

Oh...”

Damn. He really had forgotten that issue. Damn.

What was he going to answer now?