is Taeyang gay?

BigBang and the gay rumor

 

Author's note: I'm on hiatus (waiting for the exo storm to pass) so I decided to re edit the Bigbang saga =D

 

1. Is Taeyang Gay?

 

What a nice day, Jiyong thought when he stood up later that morning.

After a hectic schedule, due to the release of their new album, BigBang had finally a bit of free time before the beginning of the Japanese Tour. Only five days, but it was enough to make them happy. Everyone in Bigbang wanted to do something on his own.

Seunghyun probably was going to stay in his room sleeping, going out only for meals. Or  to do some prank on his donsaengs, especially Seungri. As for the latter he had surely the intention of going out with some girl. He had followed the period of prohibition during their schedule and he had missed female presences a lot. Stupid maknae. Well among them, Seungri and Jiyong himself were the most “active” with the girls, so to be honest he was in no right to complain. Maknae, maknae.

Daesung surely had planned some activity with the church. After his accident Daesung had grown more spiritual with the result that he was far more mature than the eldest of their group. It was not too difficult: the dorky acting of Seunghyung was of a 5 year old child. It didn't mean that he was unreliable, in fact Jiyong during their GD & Top tour had learned how his hyung could be reliable and deep in thinking. Only he didn't like or want to show it all the time.

Youngbae had announced not too far from yesterday, that he wanted to pay a visit to his family. So he went back home. Youngbae. Such a good boy.

As for him- the leader- he just switched for shopping. Normally he never went shopping in Seoul if he could. Cause there were too much people who could recognize him. He loved going shopping in USA, he nearly died of happiness when they went to L.A. for their Tonight MV. But he needed to go shopping. He deserved it. He had to distract his mind. Lately in his head there was a mantra shouting maknae, maknae. He was thinking so much about Seungri that he couldn't believe that nobody had noticed nothing strange in his behaviour. The relationship between him and Seungri was apparently the same as always: they were Tom &Jerry. But. But Seungri was not a cute kid any more. He had grown up in a handsome and y man. And before he could realize it, he couldn't cuddle with him naturally. Seungri was tall as him now and he had a nice and manly body. At least more manly than his own. Has nyongtory a reason to exist? From his point of view Seungri could only fit now with someone more manly than him, with Seunghyun for example. That was why the fan service involved much more of Top and Seungri and less of G-Dragon and Seungri. He knew it was stupid of him to think that way. It was not like he had lost Seungri's friendship, not at all. Seungri was still very attached to him, however he had to admit that he suffered the competition of Seunghyun. Because Seunghyun, without pretending it, always attracted the maknae. He was the eldest and for a long time the maknae had something like subjection for his hyung and probably a bit of jealousy mixed with admiration. Seunghyun was the only one the maknae admitted was more handsome than him. Seungri always tended to Seunghyun and when he finally reached a good relationship with his hyung, he turned visibly happy and proud of his achievement. However that also meant he could be affected by the changes of mood of Seunghyun: the true was that Seungri acted more like a fangirl and less like a dongsaeng. And that pissed Jiyong off. It was not that Seungri didn't admire the leader, but he always fought him back. At least he dropped the hyung part with Seunghyun too, thought Jiyong laughing quietly, while he was exiting the thousandth shop that day. He was holding about ten bags full of clothes, accessories and various items. Much more relaxed than when he started shopping, he decided to walk trough the streets of the city instead of calling a cab. The mantra maknae, maknae only a bad memory. He was so relaxed that at first he didn't notice what was on a tv screen of an electronic shop. But after three steps he did came back to that shop and stared at the screen. And that was when his heart missed a beat.

A giant title on the screen and the most ridiculous question that was ever formulated in the history of gossip: is Taeyang of Bigbang Gay? Tonight the tv reportage that will reveal the truth of the most mysterious member of BigBang.

To be sure of what he was reading he took off the sunglasses not aware of the little crowd of high-school girls who were staring at the same screen. It was only when one of those girls started tipping his arm that he turned around to identify the source of annoyance. “Waaaaa! G-Dragon oppa!!!!” all the girls screamed in unison. That was when he realized that he had took off the sunglasses and he was actually in plain air. He tried to put a fake smile and at the same time to sneak trough those screaming girls. But then the crowd began more and more large and in an instant he was surrounded. He was still in shock for what he had just read so he had no idea how to react. He was not as good as Daesung or Seungri with fan service, especially in a situation like that. He looked around hoping to see something that could save him. He was still smiling like an idiot when the only thing he wanted to do was fainting for the shock. Youngbae. Gay. Pffft.

And then suddenly he saw a taxi down the street. He threw towards the girls his sunglasses to distract them from his escaping. Then he jumped in the middle of the street trying to stop the taxi. The taxi -thank god- stopped. He entered as fast as he can and shouted to the taxi driver the direction of their dormitory and the words “please fast!”.

When he arrived at the dorm he looked around with a hint of fear, like he was expecting to see a crowd of crazy journalists. Maybe his reaction was exaggerated. Maybe after talking with someone the whole thing would have result only in a rumour. In the end how could they prove such an impossible event? Anyway he walked fast towards their dorm. Once he entered, he started to feel a little better. Looking down near the entrance he could notice the shoes of Seunghyun. He would have preferred to speak with Youngbae if Youngbae weren't the topic. He was always the best during the critical situations. But he trust Seunghyun too. It might have been better for the rapper to be fully awaken, because Jiyong had no patience in that moment to deal with a sleeping bingu boy. However before entering the room of his hyung Jiyong decided to knock the door: at least Seunghyun could not get angry with him for not warning. Impatient but careful. “Hyung are you there?” Jiyong asked kindly. After a minute that seemed eternal a growling voice said “yes..come in Ji !” luckily the rapper was half awake, oh well, not in a lethargic state. The leader entered the room with no hesitation: Seunghyun was there, seated on the chair at the computer desk, a relaxed look in his eyes. Obviously he had not heard the news, not yet. Despite his internal desperation, Jiyong kept a cold attitude and went sitting on Seunghyun's bed. But the older rapper could be bingu but not stupid. He had known Ji for about six years, and after their GD&TOP tour he could now declare without any doubt that he knew every inch of the leader's personality, a really twisted one indeed, but with a sweet taste in the deep. “Then, what about Ji? Do you need any help?” asked gently the older.

Somehow...”replied Jiyong. He didn't know why but the atmosphere was getting dense. Something was really bothering Jiyong, thought Seunghyun. They always had a natural and relaxing relationship, because they knew they were equal. “Like a married and old fashioned couple”, commented once Daesung.

Hyung can you go on internet?” said out of the blue Jiyong.

Sure!” replied Seunghyun who was starting to feel a little anxious. What the hell was happening? “What do I have to search?”

Digit in the browser the name of Youngbae”

Youngbae dongsaeng?”

Please do it.”

Ok” Seunghyun was startled. What about Youngbae? He was the most quiet and composed in the group; he was so composed to the extent of boredom; he was the man who in a month had spent so little that even a salary man could have spend far more. The only excess of Youngbae was only when it came to dancing: he could be so worked up in the moment to jump like a crazy man and go around shirtless. In those moments only the maknae could compare in madness. He was an all around entertainer. However Seunghyun did as he was told and after few seconds the news of Youngbae appeared. When he read the titles he gasped audibly. But then he erupted in a unstoppable laugh. Jiyong stared at him unable to speak. Was his hyung really laughing at something like that? “Hyung!” said with an homicidal tone the leader.

Sorry, Ji” replied Seunghyn trying to stop the laughing. “It's just that I find this ridiculous!”

But the journalist on the gossip channel said that they have something to prove it!”

Don't you know that most times are made up news?”

Well, if you think that there's nothing to worry about... “

Yes, don't worry Ji. They nave nothing. I bet.”

But Jiyong was far from being convinced. Everybody knew that Seunghyun had an horrible instinct. Seungri was the lucky man among them. If there was a promising trend in finance world, you could be sure Seungri was there to invest money.

Seunghyun the leader's hair trying to calm down the man. Jiyong was strong but after two scandals one worse than another he remained somehow touched. Furthermore Youngbae was his precious friend. If Seunghyung was an equal partner, Seungri was his nemesis, Youngbae then was like family. If Jiyong had a brother, that would have been Youngbae. In that picture of course Daesung was the motherly figure for all of them.

However was Jiyong's state, he was interrupted by the sound of his cellphone ringing.

Yoboseyo?” Seunghyung could see how the leader frowned while he was speaking on the phone and his tone became professional and serious. He has changed in leader mode. That could only mean that the person speaking on the part of other phone, was Yang CEO. The situation was beginning to become awkward. Maybe he could have not bet.

When the call finished Jiyong had a glacial expression “It was Yang CEO. He said he heard the news and did some calls to certain people to know who did the fake reportage and make regret their lives to some journalist. But it turned out that they actually have something. He tried to call Youngbae but his cellphone is off. We have to reunite the group immediately. Maybe it's nothing serious but it's better to stay together and indoor... just in case. God. This is something ridiculous! How could someone fantasize so much about our Youngbae?!”

I know. Well I think we have to call the others”.

Daesung is at church activities. I think he'll be here in half a hour. He told me so in a message. Do you know where's maknae?

I don't know. He told me he was going out and then left.”

Jiyong sighed.

I'll call him then”

Ji don't scold him!”

Why do I have to scold him?”

Don't know. You have the face of scolding times.”

That's not true.”

If you say so” said Seunghyun staring at the leader. He was not the first one who had noticed the strange behaviour of their leader. To tell the truth the first one was Youngbae, who just blurted something about Ji being strange around the maknae but nothing else. After that he did paid attention to the duo and he had to admit Youngbae was right. However he had no clue about what was going on. If he wanted to know probably the best thing was to ask Daesung, because that child always knew everything, but he was also so secretive! So he resigned imself to wait for Ji to say something about. As for Seungri, he had noticed something too but somehow he continued to smile like it was nothing. Surely that was Youngbae's suggestion because Seungri was the type who liked the confrontation but it was possible that his care for Jiyong was so much to put the leader's feeling first, waiting for him to resolve whatever was running in his mind. That showed how much had matured the maknae. Seunghyung found it so endearing that despite not being the best with words, he tried to help maknae in other ways, increasing his attentions towards him and hugging him often than usual. And of course teasing him a lot more. Seunghyun like Jiyong was the kind of person who showed his affection trough the teasing. Seungri and Ji were Tom and Jerry. Then he and Ji were like the cat and the fox. A delinquent association!

Jiyong unable to stand the look of the older, just looked away while he exited the room to call the maknae; after a lot of rings of the phone Seungri finally picked up.

Yoboseyo?”

it's me Jiyong!”

Hyung!”

Seungri-ah where are you?”

Right now?”

No two hours ago. Of course now!”

Well, I don't know exactly. I was just with some people..”Jiyong mentally corrected the word people with the word girls, assuming from the giggles and screams he could hear in the background, “..and somehow we ended at the beach.”

The beach?”

Yes! I'm having so much fun” and then Seungri giggled with his characteristic laugh, the laugh that made always Jiyong quiver. Even in that time with the Youngbae's issue.

Maknae it's better for you to come back”

Why Hyung? Is it really necessary? You know after such a schedule I'm relaxing after so long.”

Seungri no excuses, just come back” Jiyong was beginning to get angry. Another girl's laugh came from the cellphone

but Hyung! You are unfair!”

I'm not joking!”

But than he felt his cellphone being grabbed by another hand. Seugnhyun had reached him in the living room.

Seungri” he said in his baritone.

Hyung!”the happiness in the maknae's voice was audibly even from afar.

This is something important, could you come back?” Jiyong heard the maknae speaking conceited in the phone. He couldn't understand what he was saying, he was too distracted by Seunghyun's face. Seunghyun was actually tender? And while speaking with Seungri? Jiyong shook his head. Youngbae's rumour was starting to affect his brain. He was seeing gay relationships everywhere. “He's coming. He's going to be here in a hour.” Jiyong just nodded a bit hurt to the fact that Seunghyun managed to persuade Seungri so easily. “maknae, maknae” the mantra again in his head.

Ok, I'm going out to smoke and do some calls to sort out what's going on” he said to Seunghyun again in leader's mode. Seunghyun just sighed. What the heck was going on between those two?

He sighed again. Well. He could do nothing about. He went to the kitchen, to check if there was some ice cream to eat. But when he opened the fridge he found it empty. He cursed mentally himself. He could have told to Seugnri to buy some ice cream. He messaged the maknae to buy some, hoping he would have read it in time. He needed ice cream.

While he was meditating over the lack of ice cream, he heard some noises in the hall. He went out in the corridor to see Daesung coming towards him.

Hello, hyung! How was your afternoon?” asked Daesung with a relaxed expression. He surely didn't hear nothing. Yet.

Quite good, yours?”

But before he could answer Jiyong appeared and when he saw Deasung he just exclaimed

Thank God you are here!” and he seated on the couch in half relief. Daesung was perplexed.

Hyung is there something going on?” he asked with real concern, while he seated on the couch too. Seunghyun seated too. Jiyong after a huge sigh began to explain.

As their conversation went on, Daesung's expression grew more and more shocked, to the extent to be compared to the face's expression that time in the ghost haunted house.

It cannot be!”

We don't know yet what they have, Of course it's fake! But indeed it will cause a lot of trouble to our work.”

Daesung nodded in agreement. The thought of Youngbae being gay had crossed his mind once. Or twice. Maybe more. But then if someone had asked him which one of his bandmates played in the opposite team, well... it would have been not Youngbae the first person to nominate. Obviously that was a thought he kept totally to himself. There was not the right time to explode secrets. Not yet.

Hyung we can do nothing about right now. We just can wait two more hours to know the true. It could be only fancy gossip. It would be not the first time. Anyway where's Youngbae?”

At his country. But he's unreachable. He turned off his phone and at his parents' house none answered my calls.”

Maybe they are out.”

Yeah, maybe.”

Do you think I can go out a moment to buy some ice cream?” erupted Seunghyun.

Ha ha, Seunghyun it's not time for jokes” said Jiyong, but he smiled, appreciating the try of Seunghyun to refresh the moment. He was their mood dealer.

I was serious” replied Seunghyun with innocent eyes. Daesung had to put a hand on his mouth to not laugh.

Jiyong stared at him like he was an alien. To think that he was mentally praising him. Stupid dorky man.

Hell, no!” and saying that he stood up and went out of the living room. After few seconds they could hear the door of his room shut.

Aish. That was unnecessary you know hyung!”

But I want ice cream, what's the problem with that? I don't think that me eating ice cream would change in worse Youngbae's situation!” said Seunghyun really meaning it.

Daesung laughed loudly. Ah. Seunghyun was a God's gift.

 

 

 

 

Jiyon decided to spend the remaining time till the tv reportage in the loneliness of his room. He was irritated and he needed some time to compose himself. He was the leader and he had to stay calm.

He lied on the bed trying to relax or at least not to think. He was not waiting only for the reportage. In fact he was waiting for the maknae. It was already worrisome to know that Youngbae was who knew where. He wanted that at least the rest of the group was safe and together. Above all the youngest of the group.“maknae, maknae”. It was not the time for his mantra. With a little pain he went with the memory at the time when Seungri was only a seventeen boy who depended on him. It was so easy to be with Seungri at that time. No mantra. No stupid butterfly sensations.

He didn't know how he ended up sleeping, but he was awaken but the noises coming from the hall. Surprised he look at his watch just to realize that was quite time to the tv reportage. However what came out of his mouth was “Seungri!”

He hoped the noises were a signal of the maknae's presence. He stood up stretching the muscles and went out of the room towards the source of noises. He found Seungri standing in the middle of the hall, tackled by a big and happy Seunghyun.

Seunghyun I love you too, but could you at least release me? I can't breath” said Seungri in a giggled tone. Seunghyun did as he was told, taking from Seungri's hands a market bag.

Oh...hi Jiyong... I mean Jiyong.hyung!” said Seungri. The look in the leader's eyes was screaming danger, it was wiser to not drop the hyung part. He sighed mentally. Jiyong was angry with him, again.

You are late”

I had to do a favour to Seunghyun hyung!”

What?”

Ah, I asked him to buy some ice cream.” said Seunghyun with no shame.

See?” added Seungri with a smile.

Aisssssh! I'm starting to think the name Seunghyun is somehow a curse... you two are going to make me die young” he said in exasperated tone. The two took that chance to sneak in the kitchen, Seungri whispering something about the ice cream melting and “put it in the fridge first”. Jiyong followed them after some minutes. The image of the two Seunghyuns together still impressed in his mind. He shook his head. In the kitchen he found Daesung seated at the table, the small kitchen's tv . The leader slightly froze but then he went towards the table and seated next to Deasung. It was nearly the hour of the reportage. Meanwhile Seunghyun put the ice cream in the fridge, Seungri looked around to sense the air, that was somehow too dense. He seated in front of Jiyong and after waiting for Seunghyun to sit too, he asked:

So hyungs, what's going on? “ he asked to all but he was staring at Jiyong. Seungri seemed really worried. Jiyong smiled at him, trying to pick the words and do a short explain. After days of tensed terms, it was refreshing to look the leader in the eyes with their old complicity. Seungri had missed that. But then Daesung interrupted the moment saying: “it's starting.”

Sorry Seungri it seems like we have no time for words. Just watch the tv and you'll understand.”

Seungri would have wanted to ask more but Daesung raised the volume of the tv catching the attention of them all.

And then again that hateful title on the screen: is Taeyang of BigBang gay?

Seungri gasped. Jiyong would have wanted to squeeze his hand but stopped his instinct and continued to watch the tv. The reportage made an excursus of Bigbang's career, especially Youngbae's, nominating all the rumours about past crushes of Youngbae, like Dara or Yuri. Till that moment it was all normal. But then... then the topic changed. The reportage showed the most ambiguous videos of Bigbang tv, the ones where Youngbae was grabbing, touching or hugging some of them. Included the one sweet video of brotherhood between Seungri and Youngbae. Jiyong stared with the blink of the eye towards maknae but Seungri somehow re composed himself and was only blinking more often than needed. And then...then they showed a new video. It lasted only 30 second but it was enough. They could see Youngbae standing in the middle of a car park and a figure going towards him. The figure was at same height at him, had a cap, worn a gym suit and had short hair. Not a girly figure. That figure went towards Youngbae and with a gesture that seemed like a habit, kissed him. After that the video stopped. And the voice of the reporter kept blubbering something else till Jiyong decided to turn off the tv.

An awkward silence followed. Nobody dared to say a word, even Daesung, the wise man of the group, had nothing meaningful to say. Of course that was the perfect time for maknae to speak.

Well... I think it does makes sense!” said with a practical tone. Jiyong was shocked. That was why after a moment of incredulity, he found nothing better to say than: “What?!”

C'mon Ji, think about it!” the leader, dropping the fact that for the countless time the maknae missed the “hyung” part, looked around, looking for help but Daesung seemed interested in what Seungri was saying, and Seunghyun... Seunghyun when he felt the look of the leader on him, he just stood up and went towards the fridge to grab a bowl of ice-cream. When he realized that everyone was staring at him, and not only at the leader, he said innocently “I can't think properly if I don't eat. Just, don't mind me, I'm listening.” and he began to search a spoon around the kitchen.

Seungri cleared his throat and then continued.“ Firstly: he doesn't like to drink.”

what about it?” asked Jiyong, hilarious. If these were the accusations then he had nothing to worry about.

Drinking is manly” said the maknae with a serious face. Jiyong would have wanted to facepalm.

Second: he doesn't talk to the girls!”

He's shy!”

Even Daesung is shy but at least he can approach a girl!”

That's right”bsaid Daesung. Jiyong glared at him. Daesung stopped nodding.

Third: he's a neat freak”

Yes,that's right! He always es around like a frustrate housewife for every little drop in the sink!” exclaimed Seunghyun waving the spoon in the air.

He's a tidy man!” exclaimed in exchange Jiyong, who was beginning to feel irritated.

He's a maniac!MANIAC!” repeated Seunghyun, who was always scolded for his messing behaviour.

Fourth” continued Seungri like nothing happened “he's always shirtless. ALWAYS. And everyone knows that gays are exhibitionist!”

You cannot be serious!”

Daesung-hyung and I have both a nice and well trained body but none of us feels the urge to strip every single time at our concerts.”

Well me too” interrupted Seunghyun.

Hyung you have nothing to do in this. Everyone knows of your no-exposed-body syndrome” and saying that he went toward Seunghyun and like a good dongsaeng patted his shoulder, not noticing that his hyung was far from being thankful. He was seriously pissed off.

And Last but not least” continued the maknae, ignoring the assassins glares of his hyung “he never, NEVER, had a girlfriend in his whole life!”Jiyong stood in silence. That was a point he couldn't reply.

It makes sense “ commented Daesung.

Yes, I think so too” said Seunghyun. Jiyong looked around lifeless. Why was he living with a bunch of idiots?!

yeah!” exclaimed the maknae like he had won a special present.

That's not something to be happy about!”

Why? I'm okay with him being gay! Actually I think it's quite cool...”said Seungri.

Cut it out! It's not true! It's only some ty gossip! Youngbae IS NOT gay! Okay? He-is-not- gay!

Who's not gay?” aid an innocent voice behind them.

Seunghyun dropped the spoon and Jiyong nearly fainted when he saw the mohawk man in the kitchen. Youngbae.