A Meeting of Desperation

broken hearts░broken promises.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Although it was already late, Bom found that she was unable to fall asleep. 

But what had she expected? After a confrontation like that with the man that she once--oh, who was she kidding?--the man that she still loved, it was probably normal for her to remain curled up in a ball on the borrowed bed. Her tears stained the pillow that she hugged, and her eyes were red and puffy as she struggled to control her breathing.

How long had it been since he left? Surely it couldn't have been too late. 

The young woman forced herself to roll over on the bed so that the elaborately carved clock across the bed could be seen from her angle: 10:57.

About an hour and a half then, eh, Bom?

She released a low sigh at the mere thought of him, her eyes beginning to sting once more. 

Yet she knew that she wouldn't cry. It had seemed like her body had lost the ability to create more tears.

It was the sudden knock at her door that woke her from her pity party.

Her eyes widened in surprise, as she turned to grab for the box of tissues that Jiyong and Taeyang had brought up for her when they come to comfort her. Although the moment was awkward since the two weren't exactly sure what was going on and Bom had no intentions of informing them, but at the same time, the idea was comforting. It made her feel a little bit better that these people, even though she didn't know them that well, were caring for her like this. In fact, Jiyong had promised her that she wouldn't have to pay the money for the room because he and Taeyang would take care of it, and that she could stay for as long as she needed. The young woman had bawled and thrown herself at the two to embrace them in a thankful hug, finding solace in their murmured assurances and sympathetic gestures.

If she was correct, the two had left not too long ago, promising to return with a makeshift dinner that Jiyong had insisted would be, "Classical and elegant! It'll taste like nothing you've ever had before!"

Taeyang had joked that perhaps that wasn't really a good thing, much to the chagrin of his best friend and the acute amusement of Bom.

Another knock sounded throughout the room, and the young woman hurriedly pulled a tissue out of the box in a mild attempt to wipe away at the tear stains that were still extremely evident on her cheeks, before making her way to the door. She reached for the knob and gave it a slight twist before carefully stepping to the side so that she could open the door wide enough for her two new friends to enter the room.

But when she looked up, she realized that it wasn't them who had arrived at her doorstep.

It was a lone man. The same man who was the reason for all her tears and heartbreak. The very same man who she had told not too long ago to leave and never come back.

"S-Seunghyun...?"

She wasn't sure what was going on in her heart. Hell, she wasn't even sure what was going on in her mind. Bom was a mess of emotion: surprise that he had showed up, anger that he had dared to come back despite all the heartache he had already caused, happiness that she was able to see him again, and sadness at just the mere sight of him.

As the sting behind her eyes came back, she forced herself to tear her eyes away from him, managing a hesitant, "What are you doing here?"

Though she was no longer staring at him, she could still feel the heavy weight of his gaze as he stared at her. "I'm here to keep my promise."

And despite everything, her heart still skipped a beat at his words.

But even though her heart was saying one thing, her mind was saying the exact opposite. "I-Its too late for that, Seunghyun..."

Although her momentary hesitation was something that wouldn't have been caught by most people, it was easily registered by him.

And that alone was enough.

He took a slow step towards her, towering over her small frame while his body pressed up against her's, and for

Please log in to read the full chapter