Surprise Encounter

broken hearts░broken promises.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Amidst the chaos of the snowy city, a certain brunette woman carefully stepped off of the arrival platform at the train station, tightly clinging to the her single duffle bag containing her few belongings. Although she was now twenty-one years of age, she had never once been to the capital city of Korea, Seoul. Now that she was finally here, she couldn't help but feel a sense of inferiority at the bustling area before her, along with a strong sense of homesickness.

What home are you talking about?

The thought made her frown, and before she could even bother forcing herself to throw it out of her mind, a fellow passenger suddenly shoved his way past her, catching the young woman off-guard and causing her to fall to the ground.

Bom could do nothing but blink in utter surprise.

She stared after him, a small part of her thinking that he would actually stop his mad dash towards his destination to help her up and apologize, but of course, no such moment occurred.

At this realization, she felt her heart clench in a tight knot as she forced herself to her feet, carefully dusting off her dark gray pea coat. Her feeling of pure helplessness intensified immensely as the mass of individuals around her continued to dart back and forth, leaving her in what seemed like the middle of it all. 

Before she knew it, the tears began to trickle out of her eyes.

"Where am I even going...?"

"E-Excuse me! Do you know how--" 

Before Bom could finish asking for directions, the middle-aged woman shook her head at her, before quickly walking away.

"Pardon me, but may I quickly ask you--"

The teenager walking in front of her merely scoffed at the young woman, blatantly ignoring everything about her.

"Please, sir! Just a single moment of your time to--"

Although Bom was slowly becoming accustomed to the rudeness of the passerby around her, she wasn't expecting the harsh shove from the elderly man as he angrily shouted, "Get out of the way!"

The brunette didn't do anything but stare after him with wide, teary eyes.

Not knowing what else to do, she continued her advance toward some random direction of the city. The streets were crowded as people rushed around, hurrying to the places they needed to be at. Bom tried her best to locate the large corporate building which had appeared so many times in the newspaper, but to no avail. To someone like her that was so used to the rural life, all of the buildings looked the same: tall, shiny, and excrutiatingly expensive.

After what felt like hours aimless wandering, she managed to locate a bench in the middle of one of the sidewalks. It was already getting late, and the streets were finally beginning to clear up. With a sigh, she removed one of the gloves that clothed her hand to carefully wipe the seat free of snow, before sitting on it herself and placing her bag beside her.

For a few moments, the young woman simply sat there, reveling in the rest that her legs were finally receiving after what she now recognized as nothing but a pointless walk. However worry quickly swarmed her mind as the sudden thought hit her: she had no place to stay, and she had no idea as to how to find a place to stay.

Before she knew it, she felt the bitter sting of the formation of tears within in her eyes.

"Hey. What are you doing out here?"

"Yeah. It's getting late. If you don't get home soon, you'll probably catch a cold. I hear a storm's coming."

"Catch a cold? I think that she should be more worried about getting kidnapped and ."

The brunette looked up to find what looked like two college boys standing in front of her: both dressed in what seemed like extremely expensive coats and hats. Despite their cl

Please log in to read the full chapter