The Three Hundred Sixty Fifth Day

broken hearts░broken promises.
Please log in to read the full chapter

The young barista released a sigh, unable to stop herself from glancing at the door once more. Of course, there was still no sign of the tall brunet man that she had longed to see for such an extended period of time. The frown on her lips seemed to intensify, and she increased the speed at which she cleaned the countertop. He's just running a little late, Bommie. He'll be here soon. He promised, remember?

Although she wanted to believe in those words with all of her heart, she was beginning to find it increasingly difficult. Three hundred sixty five days had passed since his vow, and she would be lying if she said that the whole time she didn't expect him to keep his promise.

Because in truth, his faithful words were all that were keeping her from giving up on her entire life.

After he had left, her family's coffee shop had gone bankrupt. Her family, that had previously just earned enough money to be considered stable had unexpectedly lost their lone source of income. Not too long after the incident, her beloved parents passed away in a tragic accident. Suddenly the young woman who was always surrounded by the loving smiles of her family and the comfort of a warm home was left all alone, in a small apartment that barely had enough room to house her. And despite its miniscule size, she was never sure if her small salary that she earned from the coffee shop that was now owned by a new manager would be enough to pay another month's rent. A lot of the time it wasn't. She would have to sell her belongings to make sure that she would have enough to at least stay in a place where she could live.

But despite it all, she forced herself to trudge on. She had to believe in his words. She had to believe that he would come back for her, and save her from the icy hell she was living in. She had to believe that this whole fiasco would result in a fairy tale ending, where Prince Charming would storm in and save the Princess from the evil surrounding her. 

Don't get her wrong: She had done everything she could think of to try and contact him: But it seemed that his old cell phone number was no longer functioning, and no matter how hard she tried, she seemed to never be able to catch him whenever she gathered up the courage to call Choi Enterprises.

And even though the chance that he would come back for her seemed to be growing smaller and smaller as time went on, she refused to give up on him.

"A pinky promise: The most sa

Please log in to read the full chapter