A Normal Day At Home

Taking Chances

After you get back from your sort of nice date - the part where you were thinking about Kai wasn't to great - you plonk yourself onto the living room's sofa. Donghae isn't back from a fan sign meet, so you have the flat to yourself. Whenever this happens you tend to watch TV, cause Donghae is really strict, as much as he loves you. So you turn on the TV and sit back, relaxing. After about 5 minutes of an action movie, which you'd been really drawn into, the doorbell rings. Groaning, you rise and plod down the hall lazily.

"Anyong haseyo?" you say into the intercom tiredly. (You may have yawned as well, but who cares about details).

"Anyong haseyo, this is Taemin. I've come to visit Dae?"

Glaring into the intercom, you answer, "Jesus christ, who do you think this is? My brother? You can't even tell whose talking? Per-lease..."

You hear Taemin squirm and grin at yourself proudly.

"Oh, by the way, I just took Jongin-ah with me too. He says you know each other! Isn't that great?" Taemin exclaims happily.

You stop dead in your tracks. "J-Jongin?" you voice is hoarse when you answer.

"Yeah, he likes to be called Kai though. Ah! The doors open, see you in 5!"

Suddenly you notice that you've been leaning against the "OPEN" button, and you jump away quickly. You already hear the two boys coming up the stairs, and rapidly begin to panic. You fling the door open, all set to.... slap Kai? Tell him to off? Shove him down the stairs?

You're thinking of doing all three when the come up the last flight of stairs, Taemin beaming, Kai looking at his feet.

It only takes seeing Kai to make your want to collapse. You feel that rush of adrenaline washing through you like an angry river; something that had been common when you two....er.....made out. *Ahem* But with that adrenaline came hatred, and that terrible memory flooded back into your mind.

Flashback

You run through the school corridors, eager to see Kai, when you randomly stop at a classroom door to catch your breath. You look in and see a boy with his back turned to you, facing a girl. That one girl who you hated. You were liked by everyone, but she was an exception, and vice versa.

"I'm sorry, but I don't love you," the boy says. You recognise that voice. It's Kai's.

But already you've blocked out what he said, you're already covering your ears, watching. You watch the girl take a step towards Kai, her arms circling his neck. You watch her kiss him tenderly.

 

You watch him doing nothing against it.

 

Next thing, you're running out of the schools, tears streaming down you're face, hand clamped over your mouth to stop you from screaming out.

It's been years since someone has hurt you this badly.

Since you were made and orphan:

 

You are five years old and walking home from school. When you get home that day, there are police cars outside. You run in and see Donghae kneeling over something. It takes you a while to figure out what it is, and you ask Donghae shakily, "Oppa...is that...?" Donghae flinches and shouts a you, "Get out, Dae! Get out now!! No don't look! DON'T LOOK DAE!!" he screams at you when you take a step forward.

Soon you are screaming as well, and a policewoman has to hold you tightly so that you don't run into the house again.

"Appa! No, no no!!! That's not appa! He's ALIVE! Appa isn't dead!!" you scream at her. She hugs you while you sob into her shoulder. "A-Appa isn't dead...he isn't dead!!"

Your and Donghae's mother had died when you were four. Your father was everything you two had, and the someone murdered him, taken him away from you.

End of Flashback

You grab your head in pain and push that terrible memory back into the depths of your mind. Taemin looks worried; Kai is more than worried. He leans over to hold you but you back away shakily.

"Dae..." Kai whispers but you shake your head and cover your ears with your hands - a sign that you are at the brink of a panic attack.

Kai quickly turns to Taemin, "Hyung, call Donghae. Call him NOW."

Taemin does as he is told quickly, and soon Donghae is rushing through the door and cradling you in his arms.

"Sh...sh...it's ok, you're safe here, Dae. You're safe here..." he whispers over and over again, rocking you backwards and forwards.

After about half an hour you fall asleep and Donghae turns to the two boys. 

"You two should go now," he says and gives Taemin a hard look, "seems like you've done enough."

Obediently they shuffle out quietly.

Kai's P.O.V.

As we walk out Taemin remarks, "Why'd Donghae look at me like that? It's not my fault that Dae was going to have a panic attack!" 

I turn my back to him and say, "It's because you don't know her."

"Huh?" is the answer.

"You don't know Dae at all, and yet you think and say you do. I know exactly what you feel for Jiyeon, and I know that you can easily lose interest in someone, so watch it hyung. You might break Dae's heart some day."

Taemin stays silent and a tear slips from my eyes. 

"Just like I did."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

Argh, still trying to get into the story >.<

Oh well, the ideas'll come at some point. It would help if my poster arrived, but y'know ^^

Fighting!