My twin Brother (TAO)

You are my Gege (Brother) ! [EXO M Members]

It was the most boring day in school. It was history class and almost half of the class were falling asleep while the lecturer keeps talking.

You rested your head under your arms on the table and was about to fall asleep. Before you reach dreamland, someone jabbed your shoulder.

“Ouch!” you straightened up.

The lecturer stopped talking and looked your way. “Is there something wrong, Miss Huang?”

You sheepishly shook your head. “It’s nothing, I just hit my arm at the corner of the table.”

The lecturer nodded and continued babbling. You glared to your right side. “What was that for, Huang Zi Tao?”

The boy with short black hair and black rimmed glasses shrugged. “I was trying to keep you awake. Your head nearly dropped off your body.”

While he talked to you, his hands were busy copying down notes onto his notebook.

“My neck hurts.” You slowly rotated your neck around.

Tao looked at you and smirked. “See, I told you. Luckily I woke you just in time. Next time, your neck wouldn’t hurt. It would be somewhere on the floor.”

“Aish, this kid.” You punched his arm. “You are such a meanie.”

“All right.” He ruffled your hair. “Gege will treat you to ice cream after school.”

Immediately your face expression brightened. “Promise?”

“Promise.” Tao replied.

“Pinky promise?” you held out your pinky.

Tao laughed before linking his pinky with yours.

“Now be a good girl and take down all the notes.” He pushed a pen towards you. “The notes will come in handy during exams.”

“Alright Gege.” You beamed and started writing.

========

 You dragged Tao into Baskin Robins.

“Welcome to Baskin Robins.” The employee bowed. “How can I help you?"

“I would like a Splish Splash Sherbet please.” He looked at you. “How about you, ~~~~~~~?”

There were so many to choose from. Since you are an ice cream lover, you would like to eat all of them. But you had to choose only one.

“I would like a Cotton Candy ice cream please.” You said to the employee.

The employee nodded. “Your orders would be right up.”

You waited at the side while Tao paid for the ice creams. Soon the orders arrived. You took your ice cream and started walking home with Tao by your side.

“Yumyum!” you your ice cream cone. “Would you like to have a taste of my ice cream, Gege?”

“Sure.” Tao nodded. “You can have mine as well too.”

The two of you exchanged ice cream and tasted them.

“Hmm, yours is also very yummy Gege.” You giggled. “I might want to get that the next time.”

“Okay no problem.” Tao wiped the side of your lips. “You are already a grown up, but still eat like a child.”

“I am a grown up but still a child in my heart.” You giggled.

“Aigoo.” Tao playfully pushed your head.

You laughed and linked arms with him. The journey home with Tao was full of laughter and jokes.

==========

That night, you did your usual routine and was preparing for bed.  Before you go to sleep, you would always read a book.

KNOCK! KNOCK! The door opened and your mom walked in.

“Hey ~~~~~~~~,” she smiled and sat at the side of your bed.

“It’s time for bed, sweetie.” She cooed and took your book away.

“Aww mummy, just a bit more.” You protested. “I am reading the exciting part.”

“No, sleep is important.” She lightly scolded. “You can continue tomorrow.”

You nodded and settled in your bed.

“Good night sweetheart.” She whispered and kissed your cheeks.

“Night mummy.” You smiled with your eyes closed.

Although you are already a young adult, your mom still treats you like a baby. That is how deep her love for her children is.

Seeing that you are peacefully asleep, she quickly left the room and move on to the next room. The room was exactly like yours but instead of pink, it was blue. A figure was sleeping on the bed, his blanket thrown on the floor.

“Aigoo my Tao.” She picked up the blanket and covered him.

Tao snuggled comfortably and fell asleep again. After making sure that Tao is comfortable, your mum left the room and went to sleep.

=========

Later in the night, Tao felt someone climbing onto his bed. His eyes slowly opened.

“Meimei?” he called groggily. 

You looked at your brother with teary eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Tao sat up straighter when he saw your wet eyes.

“Nightmares.” You sniffled. 

“You want to sleep with me?” he scooted to make space for you.

You nodded and get to his side, hugging your pillow. Tao covered the blanket over the two of you. He your hair until you fell into a deep sleep.

*You are already 18 years and still having nightmares.* he kissed your forehead. *Sleep well, maknae. Your older twin brother will protect you from harm.*

image