The Bet Turned Into A Farewell

Love You Forever More

Please listen to this song as you read the story, it helps add the mood XD you don't have to if you don't want to though :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX6t46y6LRQ 

Jay's POV~

"Anneyong~" I say sneaking up behind Hara. She pushes me away and yells,

"Yah, I told you to stop hanging onto me like some sort of monkey.'' I kiss her cheek and she blushes. I suddenly feel a tinge of pain. Please, not now.

Hara's POV~

I was just about to ask Jay where he wanted to go when he suddenly seemed hurt.

"Are you ok?" I ask concerned. He gives me a nod and grabs a hold of my hand.

"So where do you want to go?" He asks. I give him a small smile and reply,

"That's what I wanted to ask you." We've been going out for 2 years now and I wish he would ask me to marry him. I know he's the one I'm waiting for. We've been through so much already. but, he's been acting wierd lately. I wonder what happened.

"Hey Hara, I wanna make a bet.'' He suddenly asks me. I roll my eyes, here he goes with his games again.

"Ok, what is it?" I ask him.

"I bet you can't live without me." That statement really took me by surprise.

"What?'' I ask confused. He gives me a small smile and says,

"Here's the bet, starting tomorrow, you can't contact me for 24 hours. No text messages, no calls, no nothing arasso? If you win, I'll love you even more than I do now." He kissed the top of my forehead. I was confused but he knew my competitive nature.

"You're on!" I say. Sure I'm going to feel lonely for tomorrow, but I want to make him love me. I love him so much more than he realizes sometimes.

Jay's POV~

My phone suddenly rings, I look at the number and turn it off. It's not important.

"Who was it?" Hara asks me. I caress her cheek and reply,

"Nobody." She shrugs and goes back to looking at the road ahead of us. For her anyways. I didn't realize it but my hand suddenly caressed the side of her face.

"What are you doing?" She asks giving me a cunning smile. I grab a hold of one of her hands and kiss it.

"Saranghae Hara. I'll always love you." I tell her. She raises an eye-brow and says,

"Pabo, I know that." I chuckle. That's Hara for you.

Hara's POV~

"But I love you more." I mumble so quietly he can't even hear. The rest of the date went as usual, we went to our secret playground that was around since we were high schoolers and then went to a cafe. For some reason, the places we went to were where my most cherished memories occured. I couldn't help but wonder what Jay's up to. Will he finally propose?

"Ne, Jay, have you ever wanted a family?" I ask out of the blue. He flinches.

"N-not really." He replies. I'm in shock.

"Wae?" I ask. He gives me one of his most sadest smiles and shakes his head. Can he not have children? I wonder.

"What about having a wife?" I ask. He doesn't look at me. Does he hate me? Is he planning on breaking up with me?

"J-Jay? Will you ever ask me to marry you?" I said. I don't know where those words came from. They just shot out from my mouth. He gives me a painful look that causes tears in my eyes.

"I-I can't." He replies. My whole world and heart shatters right before my eyes. How could he say that?

"W-why?' I manage to stutter. He shakes his head.

"Please Hara. Let's not talk about it." That was the final blow. I didn't care if he didn't want to marry me, I'll get him to love me to that point. He grabbed both of my hands and said,

"It's getting late. I should get you home." I nod. The car hide was a comforting silence. I enjoyed him by my side and I knew he felt the same. As I was about to get out of the car he said in a joking tone,

"Don't forget our bet." I winked at him. I won't lose that bet. I'll make sure he'll love me even more.

Two days later~

Yes, I win the bet. I made sure I turned off my phone and shut myself in my room. It was torture but I can't wait to see Jay. I ran to his house which was only two blocks away from mine. I look and notice a huge amount of people gathered. I see his umma and come up to her asking,

"Mrs. Park, what happened?" She looked so restless, her eyes are red and she has dark circles under them. She hugs me and says,

"Jay, he-" She couldn't finish because she broke down crying.

"Come with me." I hear a familiar voice. I turn around and see Jay's younger brother Jo Kwon. I follow him into the house up to Jay's room. I look at his bed side table and notice an old photo. It was our first date. I smile to myself and forget why I'm here.

"What happened?" I ask. Jo Kwon looks just as tired as Mrs. Park.

"Jay passed away yesterday." No, he's lying.

"Tell me the truth. Don't joke about things like that." I said in a serious tone, but I heard my voice crack. He shook his head and said,

"Hara-unnie. You know I don't joke about things like that." I fell to the floor. Behind me I heard the photo fall off the bedside and the glass shattered behind me. Why would he leave me? Jo Kwon left the room. I looked back on the photo and realized there was a note behind the frame. I opened it cutting myself a little with the broken glass, It adressed itself to me so I carefully opened it. It read,

Goo Hara,

it looks like my time came. I can't tell you how many times I rewrote this letter thinking about you. You might as well know something. I have cancer. I had it since birth but only recently has it gotten serious. I don't want to get too much into detail but I knew I only had so little time to live. I want you to know that I always dream about having you as a wife and having a family with you. I could always picture you trying to cook but failing, I could imagine having a child or two that resemble you. But what kind of husband would I be if I left you when things just started? I remember the day I met you. You were so cold to me yet I reached out for your attention.  I love you. I always will.

Looks like you won the bet huh? You went a whole day without me which is something I probably can't do. If you can survive 24 hours, I'm sure you're strong enough to last the rest of your life without me. I'll love you forever more.

~Jay Park (04/25/1987~01/06/2010)

I held the note close to my chest. I was so stupid to not realize how much he loved me when I had him, I was too stupid and focused on making him love me more. I was so selfish. Tears poured out of my eyes. I don't rememeber the last time I cried so hard.

"Why did you leave me Jay? Saranghaeyo."

*Thanks for reading my first one-shot! Hope you enjoyed it!Please Comment and subscribe ^.~