Don't Forget Me -Ch4-

Don't Forget Me

“” Hoon pulled at his hair and ran to the kitchen to get some water. Dongho was on the couch, rocking back and forward sobbing in confusion and fear.

“Where am I?” Dongho kept mumbling over and over, scared. He looked like a lost child and Hoon just wanted to comfort him but he was afraid if he tried that Dongho would just deject him and run away or something completely insane like that. More sobs wracked through the boy’s body as Hoon cautiously approached him, shaking, almost spilling the water everywhere. He clutched it with both his hands to keep it steady as he approached Dongho whose knees were draw to his chest and his forehead resting on his knees. Hoon cleared his throat to get the others attention and held out the glass of water for him to take.

Dongho’s head rose slowly and he looked at Hoon. He looked deadly sick. His face was as white as snow and his eyes were puffy and red from crying. His cheeks stained with wet and dry tears. He must have been crying for a while. Dongho just sat and stared at Hoon. Hoon felt really awkward and so he cleared his throat again and extended his arm further in hopes of making the boy take the glass that was now cramping his hand and arm.

“I-is it poisonous?” Dongho’s voice was close to non-existent from the amount of crying he had previously done. Hoon looked at him with wide eyes as he took back the glass of water that was still yet to be taken.

“Wh-what?! Why on earth would you think that I would poison your water?!” Hoon put the glass down on the nearest table and sat on the spare spot on the couch next to the boy who wouldn’t take his eyes off of the elder.

“Y-you did this to me, right?” Dongho pointed to his wound as a lone tear started streaming down his face. Hoon’s eyes widened impossibly more and he couldn’t take it any longer so he wrapped his arms around the other and pulled him into a tight hug. There was a gasp from the younger but he was too scared to move since he thought his proclaimed “Kidnapper” would only hurt him more.

“I would never hurt you, I just want to tell you that, and I’ll tell you that every day from now on.” Hoon mumbled into the others head.

“Th-then wh-who are you?” Dongho closed his eyes and leaned more into the embrace of the other liking the way that it felt. Hoon sighed and lightly pushed the other away as he reached behind him to pull out the book that he had given Dongho to write his memories down in.

Hoon handed the book to the other and grabbed a pen.

“Read it and tell me if you remember, and then write down what you remember from this morning” Hoon smiled sadly at the other as he just looked at him in confusion. Dongho opened the book and started reading.

My name is Shin Dongho, I have 6 siblings and my mum takes care of me herself. I love my mum, she means the world to me, I miss her every day when I am not around her, she is the only thing I live for, oh and also my siblings too.

About 3 days ago I was with my ex-girlfriend. She had gotten a new boyfriend and I was talking to her one afternoon and asked why; just walked away from me. Her name was Suzy, she was beautiful and I really liked her. But one she left me the other day, it hurt. But what hurt even more was when I turned around and her boyfriend was there and he plunged something into my lower abdomen, a knife I think. I couldn’t remember much until Yeo Hoon min helped me remember a little. He saved me and I couldn’t be more grateful. He’s fed me and disinfected my wound and just cared for me like no one has ever done before. Not even Suzy or my mum. I am writing in this book every day to help remember who I am, because for some reason, every morning I wake up, I have forgotten; ever since the incident. I will continue to write in here every day until I completely remember everything clearly by myself. Thank-you Hoon; my savour.

Dongho started to flick through the rest of the pages that had his previous events on them. Once he was finished he looked up at Hoon who had a sad grin on his face. Dongho looked back at the book and then back at Hoon.

“You saved me?” He suddenly asked.

“Well I wasn’t going to let you die, was I?”

Dongho shook his head slowly.

“Unbelievable” He stared back at the book and leaned back into the couch. “I can’t believe I’ve lost my memory, I mean, I remember everything just before the accident but after that it’s a blur, I just,” Dongho faltered for words not sure of what to say anymore. There was nothing left to say.

Dongho was cut off from his thoughts by the voice next to him.

“Are you okay? Do you need some food? Do you want your non-poisonous water now?” Hoon wanted to lighten the mood a little; it worked because he saw a small smile creep up on Dongho’s face, but it was gone instantly. He knew there were memories trapped inside that head somewhere. He just had to get them out.

~.~.~.~

Hoon couldn’t go back to bed and it was eight AM already. He was just too worried the other might freak out. But he saw how tired the other looked and thought it may sound weird and a bit too soon to be asking but …

“D-do you want to sleep in my bed? You look tired, a-and I don’t want to leave you on your own and I’m tired too so you can come sleep in my bed, but if you don’t want to I –“

“Yes. P-please” Dongho cut him off before he could say anything else, so Hoon nodded and stood up nervously and began to walk towards his room, he turned his head to see if the younger was following and he was. Hoon’s heart skipped a beat and he smiled sheepishly and he didn’t even know why. He got to his bedroom door and before he turned the knob he realised how messy his room was last time the younger was in it. So he turned to the other who was patiently waiting and looking at Hoon confused and he awkwardly scratched the back of his un-itchy neck.

“Uhh, wait here for a sec okay?” Hoon quickly opened his door went inside and quickly closed it. Dongho looked after him startled and confused but decided to lean against the wall and make noises with his mouth while he patiently waited for Hoon to be finished with whatever he was doing.

Meanwhile, Hoon was rushing around his room picking up everything so the floor was spotless and he changed his bed sheets and he through every dirty piece of material into his closet and closed the door. He looked around his room and smiled at his awesome cleaning done in 1 minute. He quickly ran to the door and let the other in he had almost fallen asleep from standing in the one spot to long. Well, it felt long to him since he was way too tired to even register what was happening around him. Dongho looked at the elder, tired and confused but brushed it off his shoulder and walked into the room after the other.

“So which side did you want to sleep on?” Hoon asked with more confidence while he stood at the back of the room waiting for the younger to pick a side.

Dongho didn’t answer but just flopped to the closest side near him, grabbed the blankets and huddled up in them. Hoon shrugged his shoulders and went to the other side and got in. He turned off the lamp and laid his head down. He was about to fall asleep when a small voice came from the other side.

“Thank-you”

Hoon chuckled. “You really got to stop saying thank-you, you’ve said it so much.”

Dongho turned over with furrowed eye brows.

“Yah! I’m sorry I can’t remember, I was trying to be polite, Aish! So stupid.” Dongho turned back over and sunk deeper into the bed.

Hoon just sighed and smiled. “I’m sorry, then you’re welcome” He chuckled a little more, and turned his head to face the ceiling, a smile still plastered on his face. Why he was so happy, he didn’t know, but he guessed it might just have been the presence of the other making him feel this way, and the rain that was trickling down outside just gave it the perfect atmosphere.

Dongho just hummed in agreement before small snores were heard from him. Hoon sighed again thinking about how the day would turn out to be, but he thought he might get some rest before he thought too much for the day.

~.~.~.~

Hoon felt a vibration in the bed, and woke up from what felt like minutes worth of sleep. He looked over to his digital clock which read ‘2:35AM’; it might as well have been minutes in sleep time. He looked over to see the other shivering from the cold. Hoon thought he must have taken the entire blanket, but he was wrong. He noticed the other actually had most of the blanket. He could tell the boy was trying to not make any noise and stop his shaking as to not wake Hoon up. But it was failing. Hoon made no hesitation to move closer and wrap his arm around the other and pull him closer. His skin felt ice cold, but as soon as Hoon wrapped his arms around him; Dongho’s shivering stopped. He was shocked at first, but he leaned into the hug and fell straight back asleep.

Hoon smiled and pulled the other even closer, their bodies moulded as one. Hoon had never felt so comfortable in his life. He snuggled closer and felt no rejections from the other. His heart was beating rapidly and he felt the others beat fast too. It felt as if they were meant to be together, like fate brought them together.

Hoon didn’t know how he was going to sleep now, his adrenaline was at its maximum, he just wanted to jump around and scream with joy.

It’s a shame he would probably wake up and slap him in the morning, because he wouldn’t know who he was … again. Well he would wait and see what happens, but right now, all he wanted to do was bask in the others warmth; which sent him to sleep right away.

~.~.~.~

The sun shone through his blinds which woke him. But he felt empty. He slowly opened his eyes and the figure he had held so close throughout the night had disappeared. His eyes were full opened and he jumped out of the bed worried and ran through the house calling the boy’s name.

“Dong-“He stopped when he saw the boy in the kitchen, cooking. The boy eyed him curiously.

“What’s up?” He asked stirring a pot of delicious ramen.

“Uh, sorry, I thought, that, uh, there was something wrong, and I got worried and –“

“You care too much” Dongho cut him off with a smile on his face.

He looked at Hoon again and smiled more. “In a good way of course” Hoons face was cherry red. It wasn’t even that much of a compliment, why am I blushing. He mentally face-palmed himself and walked over to the table where it was set up with orange juice already placed on the table.

“What’s all this for” Hoon asked, mesmerised by the smell of the ramen.

“It’s a thankyou present, and, in the book it says you fed me heaps so I thought I would feed you”

“You really don’t have - wait, you remembered?” Hoon went back into the kitchen to face the boy with a surprised look.

“Uh- yeah… I guess” Dongho nodded and continued to cook.

Hoon leaned against the bench next to him and just looked at him, confused as to what was going on, until he came to a maybe-possible conclusion.

“Maybe you start to forget everything around midnight. Maybe there’s some glitch in your brain that just clicks around that time. We should test it out tonight. See what happens if we keep you awake passed then. I-I mean, if you would like too” Hoon scratched the back of his un-itchy head, which he seems to be doing a lot, in nervousness, and looked away from the other and down to the ground.

“Ok” Dongho continued to cook but agreed anyway. Hoon’s head shot up to look at the other who was extremely focused on what he was cooking. His tongue was slightly sticking out of his mouth in concentration and his head was so close to the chopping board that he could probably see every detail on the vegetables he was cutting. Hoon giggle at the cuteness and began to walk away to sit at the table. Dongho turned around and looked at the other.

“What are you laughing at?” Dongho asked confused.

Hoon continued to chuckle. “Nothing, you just look so …. Cute, cutting vegetables like that. Like some 5 year old” He continued to laugh as the younger death stared him. Dongho muttered some profanities while turning back to continue cooking. Hoon shook his head, laughing while walking too go sit at the table. This day was going to be fun.

~.~.~.~

They had spent the whole day getting to know each other a bit more; talking about personal things like family and just trying to remember. They laughed and cried, a bit like last time. But they felt even closer. It was about an hour until midnight and both of them sat on the couch drinking hot chocolate and snuggling up in separate blankets. But they only sat a few centimetres away. The sound of the rain pouring outside and the light muffle of the TV just made them feel tired.

So Dongho reached out and grabbed Hoon’s arm to pull him closer so he could lean his head on the elders shoulder. Hoon eyed the boy as he got comfortable and he smiled to himself with a little blush crawling up his cheeks. He made no hesitation to wrap an arm around the younger and start his hair. He kept over the same spot over and over again feeling something weird.

“Hey, you know you have a weird lump on your head?”

Dongho looked up at him but still holding onto the other’s arm confused.

“Huh? I never even noticed” He felt around the spot, for some reason it didn’t hurt when Hoon touched it but it hurt when he touched it. “Ow” He hissed.

“Let me have a look” Hoon grabbed the others hand away from his head and leaned him down to lay on his lap, his face facing the TV and his back to Hoon.

Hoon put his fingers lightly on the others scalp and felt the lump again. It felt big and crusty. He opened up the boy’s hair to have a better look; the only light being from the TV. Hoon’s eyes widened in shock when he saw how big the lump was; it was a deep cut in his head that was crusted with dry blood about 5 centimetres long.

“I think we’ve found our problem” Hoon left it alone for now and just continued to the younger’s head gently. Dongho sat up slightly but still laid across Hoon’s legs.

“Why, what’s wrong?” His eyes began to deceive him as he felt the need to just pass out; but he couldn’t he knew he had to stay up at least for another 10 minutes. Until it ht midnight.

“That lump looks like you’ve fallen over and cracked your head slightly. Right on the part near your brain where your memory is mainly kept; your recent memories, that is.”

“Oh” Dongho said disappointed. “Why couldn’t it be my old memories, I much prefer my new ones” He smiled a little at Hoon to show he was talking about THEIR memories. Hoon chuckled at him and then looked down at his lap. Dongho continued to stare at him and his heart started to flutter. What the hell is happening to me right now? Was his exact thoughts. He couldn’t help it anymore, he grabbed Hoon’s chin lightly and drew them closer together. Their breaths mingling with one another before Dongho pressed his soft, plump lips against the elders. His heart was racing and he could feel the others pumping just as hard. He broke the kiss and looked at the other. Hoons face was filled with surprise and longing, as if he’s been waiting for this moment for a long time. Dongho broke the eye contact and fell into Hoon’s chest and snuggled close. Hoon was still shocked and his heart was beating a thousand times a second, he continued to the boys hair like he was doing before and a smile was plastered on his face. The soft to the boy’s hair sent him to sleep 2 minutes to 12. Hoon thought they could just try it again tomorrow.

Until... 12 o’clock hit, and Dongho began to squirm in pain. Hoon began to worry and sat the boy up to face him. The younger’s eyes were closed and he seemed to still be sleeping but pain was evident on his face. He felt the others temperature and the younger was burning hot, he pulled the other closer and wrapped his arms around him. He just sat with him, comforting him, whispering comforting words in his ears to tell him everything was going to be okay.

Dongho suddenly woke. He pulled away from the other and looked at his face confused. Hoon’s eyes widened expecting the other to hit him or something but there was nothing. Just stares, until the younger said something.

“I’ve seen you before”

~.~.~.~