Don't Forget Me -Ch10- FINAL

Don't Forget Me

Don’t forget me –Ch10-

Hoon’s breath caught in his throat and he didn’t know what to do. Fei smiled and closed the door behind them locking the door in the process so they wouldn’t be disturbed. She would be sure to check up on them in about half an hour.

Dongho continued to smile at Hoon before extending his hand so the other could take hold of it. Hoon hesitantly grabbed the younger’s hand and walked closer to him. He visibly relaxed but was still slightly shocked. Hoon continued to look at Dongho while taking a seat on the side of the hospital bed.

“Y-you remember?” Dongho nodded and smiled again at him.

“Yeah” He replied quietly, just loving the feeling of having Hoon’s hand back in his own.

Hoon finally showed his own smile and chuckled a little before reaching his hand out and caressing Dongho’s cheek. Dongho closed his eyes and leaned into the touch sighing with contentment, but soon pulling back in worry when he felt the heat of Hoon’s hand. He used his free hand to feel the elder’s cheek pulling back immediately with wide eyes.

“Why are you so hot?” Dongho asked worriedly.

Hoon felt his own face and remembered the exact reason why his face was over heated and he suddenly felt quite dizzy.

“Uh, I uhm, I ran here” Hoon looked at his lap, cheeks tinting redder than what they already were.

“What?!” All of Dongho’s pain suddenly went away and he pulled the blankets off of himself and grabbed Hoon’s shoulder to take his place. Their positions were immediately switched.

“W-what are you doing?!” Hoon said in the midst of Dongho’s switch.

“Do you know how far away that is? You could have died!” Dongho grabbed the glass of water from his bedside table and held it to Hoon’s lips.

“Open” Hoon obeyed and Dongho slowly poured the water into his mouth. Once the glass was empty he set it aside again. Dongho laid on the empty space beside him and held his own head up with his arm looking at the elder while his hair.

Hoon looked up at the younger from where he was and smiled shyly. Dongho returned the smile with a small giggle along with it.

“I can’t believe you ran for 3 hours just to come here” Dongho sighed at the stupidity of the other.

“I would honestly do anything for you. I would take a bullet to the chest for you. And having the feeling that you may have forgotten who I was drove me to a point where I couldn’t think like myself anymore, I had no control over myself. Dongho I would honestly do anything for you, anything to keep you by my side at all times and anything to make you remember me even if I had to start all over again, I would never give up on you. Never, and I never break promises.” Dongho stopped the latter’s hair and just stared at him with a faint blush brushing his cheeks before leaning down and giving Hoon a chaste kiss. The feeling never getting old and sending chills down his spine. They parted slightly and looked into each other’s eyes before smiling at each other and resuming their passionate kiss.

~.~.~.~

They spent the next half an hour lying on their sides facing each other while just talking about everything that happened in the past week and a bit. They heard a sudden knock on the door and Fei walked in shortly after with a wide smile spread across her face.

“I have great news for the both of you” They both sat up and listened intently to what the girl had to say.

“Since Dongho seems like he’s recovered so fast, and Hoon, you helped him in the process; the hospital feels that Dongho doesn’t need to be here any longer if he’s in the care of you, so he’s allowed to leave whenever you guys are ready”. They both turned to each other and smiled widely but was interrupted by Fei’s worried tone.

“But I have some bad news, Dongho’s foster mum is expecting him home as soon as he’s well. She can’t leave the orphanage with all of the other children still there so she just told us to bring him home when he’s well. Because she’s your legal guardian, we have to take you home. I’m sorry” There faces visibly changed and they looked at each other sadly.

“But,” Fei began again, causing the other two to direct their attention towards her, “She sounds like a nice lady so, just pitching an idea, but why don’t you just get permission from her? I’ll take you there when im off my shift, I finish in about 5 minutes, get yourselves ready”.

The two looked at each other again and smiled. They nodded at her as she left and began to get Dongho’s stuff organised and him dressed into casual clothing. It was still kind of hard for Dongho to stand on his feet properly but Hoon was there with him every step of the way.

~.~.~.~

They walked out of the Hospital towards the car park following Fei. Hoon had a big smile on his face while Dongho clung to him and pouted.

“What’s wrong” Hoon asked as he looked at Dongho’s pouting face. Dongho lifted his head to look into Hoon’s worried eyes.

“I’m just … scared”

“Don’t be” Hoon sympathised.

They arrived at the flash looking car and both of them jumped in the back seat, not wanting to be separated for any longer. Dongho leant his head on Hoon’s shoulder and began to play with the elders hands lovingly.

“I’m sure she’ll understand, just be strong” Hoon kissed the youngers forehead and told him to rest. It was an hour’s drive back to Dongho’s house so he needed all the rest he could get before confronting his foster mum. Luckily, Fei lived around the area too so it wasn’t hard for her to get home.

~.~.~.~

They pulled up to a driveway and Dongho suddenly felt sick. He had only slept for about 20 minutes of the trip and pretended to sleep the rest of the way being woken up by the conversation of Fei and Hoon.

~~~~~

“He must be pretty important to you huh?” Fei asked, concentration still set on the road.

Hoon grinned and peeked at his shoulder where the younger was resting and then to his hands where their fingers were intertwined; a small blush creeping up his cheeks.

“Yeah, he really is. I don’t know what I’d do without him” That smile still lingered on his face.

Fei smiled to herself and sighed, “I wish I had someone like that to care for me as much as you do for Dongho”

Hoon smiled to himself and snuggled impossible closer to Dongho.

“You will Fei, the way you care for people so much any guy would be lucky to have you”  Hoon’s words made a blush creep up on her cheeks as she smiled into the rear view mirror at him.

Dongho’s eyebrows furrowed in jealousy and he snuggled against Hoon’s shoulder to try and grab his attention. Hoon smiled to himself and with his spare hand caressed Dongho’s head directing all his attention towards him. Dongho smiled to himself in success, unknowingly of Hoon of course.

“So what do you think she will say?” Asked Fei, who still wanted to keep the conversation going.

“It doesn’t matter what she says, I won’t take no for an answer, I’m bringing him back with me and that’s final” Hoon said determined.

She gave a small smile in the mirror and continued to drive feeling that the conversation couldn’t go much past there. Hoon relaxed back in his seat and continued to pat Dongho’s head. Dongho smiled at the touch and decided to open his eyes fully and look at Hoon. Hoon smiled back at him and pecked him the lips. Even though they had done it many times, it still gave him butterflies each time they kissed.

~.~.~.~

He was back to reality when Hoon got out of the car and extended his hand to help Dongho get out. That sick feeling was back and once his feet touch the concrete of his driveway he felt like he was a part of the concrete and he couldn’t move. The emotion on his face was empty. Hoon looked at him and sighed with a small giggle.

“Yah, common, I’m not leaving here without you so no matter what happens we’ll be together okay?”

Dongho smiled a little and nodded his head while clinging on to Hoon’s arm. Fei wished them good luck from the car and decided to stay and watch what happens. Hoon nervously walked to the front door but didn’t show his nerves through his actions just to keep Dongho from being nervous also.

They got to the front step, looked at each other and gave each other a quick kiss before ringing the doorbell. They heard kids running through the corridors and a lady telling them to settle down and stop running, she sounded kind of stressed.

Dongho swallowed the lump in his throat when he heard the locks on the door being opened.

The face that greeted him looked absolutely stunned and surprised.

“Dongho!” She grabbed the boy Into her arms and hugged him as tight as possible, Hoon was taken aback but smiled anyway at the two before them.

“Ouch” Dongho managed to squeeze out. His foster mum quickly retracted and grabbed hold of his head with both of his hands.

“Ooo” She cooed, “Im sorry baby Dongblebee, did I hurt you?”

Hoon stood in the background snickering. Dongho’s cheeks went bright red.

“Mum!” He complained while stepping away from his mother’s death grip. She then looked at Hoon.

“And you must be the precious worker boy who brought my baby back home, thank-you, we will be happy now” Dongho grabbed his mother’s attention back and looked at her very seriously.

“Mum, this is Hoon, he doesn’t work at the hospital, he’s the one who helped me and looked after me for the past week and a half.”

Dongho’s mother looked at Hoon again surprised.

“Oh is that so?” She asked, Hoon just stood their awkwardly and nodded his head.

“And mum” He gained her attention. He took in a deep breath and took hold of Hoon’s hand.

“Yes?”

“I love him” Dongho’s mother was slightly taken aback. Hearing those words from Dongho, and even though he had heard them before, it still made Hoon’s heart skip a beat.

After a few more seconds of awkward silence Dongho’s mother cracked a smile and grabbed Hoon into her arms and squeezed him tight.

“I’m not … entirely sure… if she is doing this… in acceptance… or if… she’s trying … to kill me” Hoon managed to breathe out in the death hold of Dongho’s mum. Dongho giggled.

“Oh I’m sorry darling” Dongho’s mother let go of him and just patted his head but smiled at him none of the less.

“Well you’re much better than the girl he had, bloody tart. I’m happy for you Dongblebee” She had tears in her eyes knowing that this would be the time that Dongho would leave her.

Hoon chuckled and Dongho smiled. “Thanks mum”

“Well what are you waiting for? Go upstairs and pack your stuff!” Dongho nodded his head and ran upstairs, Hoon waited outside and spoke with Dongho’s mother.

“I can’t thank you enough for your acceptance” Hoon started.

“You seem like a good boy, and to be quite honest with you, today was the first time I have seen a smile on his face since he was 12, since then, nothing has been able to make him smile, not even that rat of a girlfriend Suzy” Dongho’s mother explained.

Hoon looked at her with a mild surprised look on his face but also a proud feeling blooming inside him.

“I guess no one could prove to him that someone actually cared until you came along” Hoon smiled at her.

“I will treat him like he has everything in the world at his feet, I promise I will care for him, and love him and I still can’t thank-you enough for your acceptance”

“Naw aren’t you a sweety” Dongho’s mother cooed.

The next thing they heard was a suitcase being pushed down the stairs; And Hoon’s lover coming down them.

“Finished!” Dongho shouted when he reached the bottom of the stairs. Hoon looked at him knowing he barely packed anything because he would just steal his own clothes.

Dongho grinned at him knowingly but went and put his suit case in the care none of the less. Hoon stopped him and said he would do it and for Dongho to say good-bye to his mother.

“I can’t thank you enough, we will be seeing you soon” Hoon said to Dongho’s mother, She looked at him and smiled and Hoon went up and hugged her, “See you later” He went off to the car.

“Make sure you look after my baby!” she yelled back at him and he turned around to look at her and smiled while nodding his head.

“Mum” Dongho grabbed her attention. A lone tear starting to streak down his face and she cooed at him and pulled him into a loving hug.

“I’m going to miss you, mum” Dongho said, burrying his face into his mother’s shoulder.

“Naw baby, we will see each other soon, I’m sure all the kids will see you soon to, just make sure you don’t lose this one okay? I’m glad you found someone like him, though i wasn’t expecting it, but I’m so happy for you” Dongho pulled away from his mother and smiled. She wiped the tear from his face with her thumb and Dongho could only think how she used to do that when he was a kid and when he would hurt himself and cry, she would always be there.

“Well I guess I better get going, I’ll see you soon though, and I don’t want to say good-bye to the others, it will just hurt” His mother nodded her head in agreement but as she did that, a little girl ran to  the front door.

“Oppa!” She latched on to Dongho’s leg and Dongho could only smile.

“Hey Jia.” He sighed, “why don’t you go back inside and play with the others?” He bent down and picked her up, she must have only been about 4 years old.

“But where is oppa going?”

“I’ll be back soon, okay? I promise”

“Promise?” Dongho stuck out his pinky and so did little Jia and they made a pinky promise.

“Promise, I have to go now though” He put her down and she ran to her mother’s side and hugged her tight. “Ill see you soon, we will keep in touch though, okay?” He bent down and kissed her on the forehead and she nodded.

“Okay” She said, a tear falling down her rosy cheeks. He giggled at her and wiped away the tears but stood up and hugged his mother one more time before turning around and leaving. He looked back one more time and waved back at the two before the shut the door.

He opened the car door and sat next to Hoon. Hoon grabbed hold of the younger immediately and embraced him.

“I don’t know why that was so emotional, you only live ten minutes from here, I can see them any time I want”.

“It’s a big change, of course it’s emotional” Dongho sighed and just rested his head against Hoons shoulder. Fei started the car and began to drive back to Hoon’s house.

“So it looked like it went well, and it sounds like it too, so im guessing it went well” Fei started.

Hoon and Dongho chuckled together.

Fei smiled to herself and they just sat in a comfortable silence for the rest of the trip.

~.~.~.~

They pulled up to the undercover parking of Hoon’s apartment and Dongho noticed Hoons car was crushed up against the wall. Dongho looked at Hoon worried and Hoon just looked at him n shrugged.

“I’ll explain later” Hoon said as they exited the car. “Fei, did you want to come in for a coffee?” Hoon went to the driver’s window.

“No thanks, I’ve got to cook Dinner for my lazy husband Aj, and besides, I want you guys to spend your time together” She smiled at Hoon. Hoon smiled back at her and nodded his head in understanding.

“Thank-you so much for everything you’ve done for us Fei, here take this,” Hoon pulled out a 50 dollar bill from is pocket.

“No way! I havn’t helped out that much. How about you guys just come over for dinner sometime, Aj gets bored and needs some friends anyways so it will be good for him. Here’s my card, just call me when your free, I have your number from the hospital already so we will talk soon”

Hoon retracted his hand and nodded at her in understanding, meanwhile Dongho had already gotten the suitcase out of the back and was standing next to Hoon again.

“Thank you so much for all your help Fei, we really couldn’t have done it without you” Dongho smiled at her and it made her feel warm inside. He was just too cute.

“We will keep in touch, okay?” Hoon said as he began to walk off, but still looking at fei as she began to drive off.

“Definitely! See you guys ‘round!” And all that was left was the tracks from her tires. Hoon and Dongho looked at each other. Dongho dropped his suit case. He turned his full body around and threw his arms around Hoon’s neck and passionately kissed him. It was needy; romantic, but needy. Hoon kissed back just as passionately and it was scary how much feelings he had for Dongho. He wouldn’t be able to stand to lose him. He wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist and held him like he was never going to let go.

~.~.~.~

~.~.~.~

~.~.~.~

6 Months had passed. Dongho had never felt this at home before. He felt like this was where he belonged, he was finishing his last few weeks at school and applied for a university just nearby. Hoon would wake up early every morning and prepare breakfast for both him and Dongho, he would always let Dongho sleep until he needed, he didn’t want him getting up early and being too tired for school, so he would just kiss him on the head before he left. Although Dongho would always be grumpy and sometimes end up by getting up early so he could see his boyfriend before he left.

They keep In touch with Fei at least 3 times a week and her husband Aj developed some new friends too. Casual dinners and lunches were a must for the 4some and sometimes Soohyun and Eli would come too; you know, for a double or triple date, since well, they’re a couple. Yes Eli finally managed to gain the courage to actually ask Soohyun out on a date and well, all went well.

Everyone’s lives just kept getting better. Hoon eventually got a dog for Dongho and they named it Bbo Bbo, Dongho would feed the dog and take it for walks, and Hoon was stuck cleaning up the poop.

~.~.~.~

It was a bright and sunny day, Dongho had finished school and Hoon had just got home from work. They were always ecstatic to see each other every time they came home, they would run up to each other and spend at least 5 minutes in a warm hug and recite the ‘I missed you’s’ .

Hoon grabbed the dog leash and the dog. Dongho looked at him sceptically.

“What are you doing?”

“Go get some clothes on, we are going to the beach” And just like that Hoon was out the door and waiting outside whilst playing with the dog, while Dongho got dressed.

~.~.~.~

 The beach was beautiful, the sun was setting, the smell of fresh sea air warmed them. They walked hand in hand along the beach while watching their dog run.

Hoon took hold of Dongho’s hand and they both looked at each other and smiled. Dongho hooked onto Hoon’s arm and they continued to walk in peaceful silence just admiring the view and each other’s company.

“Look” Dongho let go of Hoon’s arm and ran over to a jellyfish that was washed up on the beach. It was pink and clearly still breathing.

Hoon curiously walked over to where Dongho was bent down and he bent down next to him.

“A JellyFish? Dongho there’s heaps of these all over the beach, what makes this one different from the rest?” Hoon laughed to himself.

Dongho looked at him with a small pout.

“Well, for your information, this JellyFish is pink”

“Sooo?” Dongho rolled his eyes and looked back at the Jellyfish.

“Legend tells it that when a couple pass a pink JellyFish, their love is eternal. A pink Jellyfish is the symbol of love”. Dongho looked back at Hoon who was smiling at him sheepishly.

“You’re kidding right?” 

“Yah! Why would I lie? Don’t you believe me?!” Dongho stood up and crossed his arms while angrily pouting at Hoon. Hoon stood up too and tried to defend himself.

“N-no! That’s not what I mean, uhm… well there’s gotta be a billion of those things, does that mean if we see another one our lover will last for eternity times 2” Hoon tried to cover up.

“Yaaaaaaahhh!!!” Dongho whined. Hoon just looked at him and laughed. Hoon started walking backwards as Dongho continued to death stare him.

“Weeeell I guess it’s time to leave, race you home!” Hoon turned around and started 

“Yah! Yeo HoonMin! Come back here!” Dongho sprinted after his lover and Hoon turned around running backwards, laughing at the other one because he was so much more athletic than the younger. Hoon stopped in his tracks and waited for Dongho to come closer and was just smiling at him evilly. When the younger was close enough Hoon pulled back his foot and kicked water right at the younger and laughed until his stomach was hurting.

Dongho was standing there drenched with his mouth open in annoyance and shock. He grunted angrily and filled his hands up with wet sand and while Hoon was still laughing he threw it at the elder right in the chest. Dongho himself started laughing and running away from the elder who was gathering a whole bunch of sand in his hands and running after the younger. As soon as Bbo Bbo saw his family having fun he couldn’t help but join in and run around them barking. Soon all of them were laughing together and having fun, just like what a family should be.

~.~.~.~

  After about 15 minutes of chasing each other around. Hoon and Dongho sat on the beach watching the sun go down. Dongho looked at Hoon who had his eyes closed and was basking in the afternoon glory.

“I was being serious you know” Dongho looked down at his lap with a pout on his face.

Hoon chuckled at the younger’s cuteness.

“I know, I was just mucking around with you” Hoon looked back up at the sky and didn’t notice the younger’s reaction.

“…Yah, you mean to tell me that I got wet and sandy just because you just wanted a reaction from me? Aish, so annoying” Dongho complained while slapping Hoon on the arm.

Hoon just laughed at the younger’s childishness but put his arm around the latter to make him rest his head against his own shoulder. They stayed like that for a while; in a comfortable silence.

“I don’t need a jelly fish to tell me how long we will last because I will make sure that it’s longer than forever”. Dongho looked up at his partner with pink cheeks. “And don’t you forget that”

“I would never forget you” Dongho smiled.

And it was sealed with a kiss.

~.~.~.~

END.

A/N: Soooooooo … *runs away* im sorry readers that it took me so long to do this T^T But it was the last couple months of school and I really had to focus D:

ANYWAYS~! So this was the long awaited last chapter of Don’t Forget Me, my first ever fic that I actually finished! HUZZAHH! And no that jellyfish thing isn’t real, I was laughing at my stupidity and at how I managed to make that up xD I really hope you guys enjoyed it, I loved writing, my otp is forever precious.

OMG! Plus did you hear that they share a room in Japan?! When I found out I jumped out my window … not really but I was considering it …

Anyways, im working on a one shot now and going to continue with Better on the Other Side. (havn't started posting that here yet but will soon)

Thanks for everything guys,, ILOVEYOU~<3 (if u still exist)(maybe im just writing this to myself … *Facepalm)