The Start Of Being Kim Youngwoong

My Name Is Kim Jaejoong And This Is My Life As A Substitute Agent

 

~ A new extra long chap for you guys. Sorry I was late on updating. I wanted to update this last week but AFF had some maintenance problems so I could only postpone it till now. Anyways, enjoy reading and don't forget to comment! ~

 


 

"Jae hyung! Rise and shine. Good morning!" I felt the bed bounced as Junsu jumped up and down my bed. I rolled around it, trying to get my sleepy brain to get up. My eyes scanned around the room to look for Karam and I realised he's not here. Oh yeah.

He went to Changmin's house yesterday. After the whip cream incident. I sighed as I sat up, smiling at Junsu who was wearing a suit. Black suit?

"Why are you wearing a suit?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Jae hyung, it's my first day at work. Did you forget?" Junsu asked, finally sitting down right infront of me.

"No I didn't. I'm just asking." Yeah, I did forget. Not going to tell him though.

"Did you eat breakfast already?" I asked as I stretched myself before getting down from the bed.

"Of course not. I was waiting for you. Let's have breakfast together before you go for your business trip again. Jae hyung, I really wonder why Changmin really trust you to let you handle all the business meetings overseas. Oh wait. Is he two-timing Karam with you, hyung?" Junsu said as he also gets down from the bed.

"Go and have your breakfast first. I'll go and shower then I'll send you to work." I said, avoiding the question about Changmin as I walked towards the shower. I heard Junsu say alright before his footsteps tell me that he was out of the room.

I got a quick shower before getting dressed in a simple white shirt and some black pants. I grab the black leather jacket on the couch before walking to the dining room where Junsu was already eating. I greeted Jihoon and finished my breakfast with a slice of toasted bread and a cup of coffee. That should be enough to last me until lunch. Or even dinner.

"Come on. Let's go." I said as Junsu finished his glass of milk. We got out of the house with Jihoon following us from behind.

"Lock the house and go back to your master. I'll tell Changmin that Junsu and Karam will stay with him for the time being. I don't trust you to take care of them alone after yesterday's incident." I said as I glared at him. I got inside the car with Junsu.

"Of course, Jaejoong. Good luck for your business trip." Jihoon said as he winked at me. He knows. Changmin must have told him about me being a substitute agent or even the new mission. That big mouth. I drive away from the house.

"Su, what's the address to your workplace?" I asked as I took a right turn at a junction.

"Changmin hyung said that you will know where is it. The KSA, he said." Junsu said and I looked at him for a second before I continued driving. If Junsu is working at the other side of the KSA, he shouldn't report to the KSA building. Weird.


Once I left Junsu at the entrance of the KSA building, I head to the research centre. The time to sub Youngwoong was 7 in the evening and I have at least nine hours left before I head to the shopping mall. He decided to switch places in a small cafe in one of the shopping malls near his house. Sigh.

Nine hours left. I need to memorise every single information about Kim Youngwoong by then. I hope I could. Nevermind. As long as I didn't accidentally flush the phone, I should be alright.

I drive through the metal gates before parking my car near the entrance. The research centre is deep in the forest. Well, it's not really a forest but we really have to make the research centre a secret so we build it behind someone's house which was coincidentally near a forest. I walked passed the huge mansion and entered the white building right behind it.

"Welcome, Mr Kim." I gave a warm smile at the one that greeted me before queueing up for a number. Yeah, the research centre is that organised. First, we'll have to wait for our number before we can go inside the rooms to get our specialised mask and voice changer. Then, we'll receive our client's information in the form of a phone in another room. If the client insist for the substitute agent to wear the same clothes as they wear on that day, the agent will have no choice but to get the clothes also.

I, of all the other agents, get to have clients that loves to do that. Every single time I substitute. Changmin needs to cancel that option. What's so wrong with my clothes that we have to wear the exact same thing as the client? Gosh.

I was sitting in the waiting hall with the other agents when I felt someone sitting beside me. I turned to look before looking back at the board. 32. One more and I'm going in.

"Hey. It's basic manners to say hi to someone you know." Changmin said. Yeah, it's him.

"I'm going in soon. Don't ruin the last moments of my life before I start the mission you gave to me." I told him.

"Hey, he was willing to pay lots of money just to sub him for one month. Of course I would take the mission and assign my best agent to do the mission." Changmin said.

"Yeah, assigning the best agent to do the mission when the agent just finished a two week mission? Very good choice, Changmin." I told him before looking at the board again. There was a bell ringing before my number appeared on the board. 33.

"I'm going in." I said.

"Meet me outside later. I need to talk you." Changmin said before walking away. I looked at him walking out of the waiting hall. What's wrong with him? He looks hurt. Nevermind. I proceeded to walk inside the room designated.

"Mr Kim!"

Wait, I know that voice.

"Hey, Hyunjoong. Why are you here? I thought you're working as a helper agent only." I said. "Mr Shim changed me. Only for a week though." Hyunjoong told me. I nod, understanding what he said. It was a new policy that Changmin gave out. Helper agents are not really in use so they sometimes work in the other parts of the KSA, like the research centre.

"Alright. Who are you substituting?" Hyunjoong asked.

"Kim Youngwoong. Or you can call him Hero Kim." I told Hyunjoong as I sat down on the chair provided. Hyunjoong nod before getting work.

"So, you're the one taking on that mission." Hyunjoong said as he searched through the computer for my requested mask.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You didn't know? The whole KSA is talking about it. Everybody was guessing who was the one substituting Hero Kim. I never thought about you because you just finished one mission with me. Here. Try this on." Hyunjoong said as he passed me a silicone mask. I got infront of the mirror before placing the mask over my face. Hmm. I look quite good with Hero's mask on my face.

"Ask Changmin about it. He forced me to take this mission." I said as I passed the mask back to Hyunjoong who place it carefully into a grey briefcase. He takes out the voice changer from the briefcase before giving it to me. I placed it right behind my neck before testing out my voice.

"I really should stop substituting. Maybe I should end my substituting career after this mission." Hero's voice was the one that came out from my mouth instead of my own voice.

"Well, if you do want to end it, don't forget to tell me about it. I'll make a special retirement party for you." Hyunjoong said as he takes off my voice changer and placed it inside the briefcase also.

"Thanks for that. I'll be sure to tell you. See you then." I said before getting the briefcase and going inside the room beside it. It was another helper agent but I don't really know the girl so I just quickly collected my phone and clothes.

I got out of the research centre and saw Changmin leaning outside the entrance. Wow, he was really serious when he said he wants to talk to me.

"Don't you have work to do in the office?" I asked him.

"That can wait. After all, Kibum can handle the work. You're more important for now." Changmin told me.

"Shall we?"

He gestured me to follow him. I followed him towards the mansion before stopping right at the garden. The gardeners greeted him before moving away. We sat right infront of a fountain.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked as I turned to face him. Changmin was frowning. Was there something wrong?

"Jaejoong hyung, do you remember two days ago? When you came into my office and you helped me with sorting out the agents?" Changmin asked.

"Yeah?" I asked curiously. What happened to him?

"You asked me why I was so tired, right? The thing is, that night, I spent hours discussing with the other chairmen from the other branches. Jae hyung, this mission is full of risks. Every agent who did this kind of mission all got dismissed from their post. Ironically, all of them are the best agents of each branch and all of them fall in love with the client's spouse and was fired from the headquarters. Jae hyung, I don't want that to happen to you. Eventhough, I know Yunho is involved in this mission and I know you will try your best not to follow your heart. Please, please remember that you are not allowed to listen to your heart when you do this mission. The other chairmen may be ready to see their agents being dismissed but I'm not. Especially when the agent is my best friend. I am not ready to see you being dismissed just because you fall in love with Yunho hyung. And I am not saying that only you falling in love with him. I want you to stop Yunho hyung from falling in love with you. It will be chaos. I don't want that to happ-"

"Changmin."

I called him softly as I pulled him into a hug. Poor him. The guy was about to cry.

"I know you're worried but I'll be fine. Believe in me. After all, I'm going to be Youngwoong, the person that Yunho probably hates the most right now. You think Yunho would easily fall in love with him?" I asked.

"Of course not." Changmin mumbled into my chest as I calm him down. Changmin straightened up and looked at me.

"But there's still a possibility that yo-"

"Look. As long as you don't think about it, I'll be fine. Alright? Anyway, I already asked Jihoon to go back to your house. Junsu and Karam will be staying in your house for the time being. I told Jihoon that I don't trust him taking care of my brothers after what he did to Karam yesterday." I said.

"Jae hyung, it was an accident. Jihoon really didn't mean to hurt Karam." Changmin tried to explain his worker's mistake but I'm not budging from my decision.

"Is Karam inside?" I asked Changmin as I looked at the mansion right infront of us. "Yeah he is. He's getting ready to go to school. You want to meet him?"

I know his intention was good but I don't think I want to meet him. I shake my head.

"Nevermind. I should go." I said as I stands up. I looked at Changmin who was still sitting down.

"You know what, Min? I'm going to be alright. After all, since you're Yunho's best friend, I'm sure you could randomly drop by our house out of a sudden. But, I'll kick you out if you disturb our lovey-dovey moments." I joked.

"Jae hyung, I told you not to follow what your heart says." Changmin said as he pouted, thinking that the message he was trying to pass to me was not understood by me.

"I'm joking. Relax." I said as I playfully punch his arm, trying to make him loosen up a bit. He's just too serious about this. I waved a little before before walking away from him. Countdown. Eight hours left. 


I spent the time left in my car, studying Hero's profile. From his family history to his friends to his past boyfriends and current boyfriend. Can you believe it? He's dating Hankyung. That means Hankyung is two-timing Heechul with him. Oh my. If that is released to the press, I bet hell will break loose.

I looked at the cafe outside. I got a message informing me that Hero was inside with Yunho. Must be spending Yunho's money again. That gold-digger. I waited for fifteen minutes when the door opens and Youngwoong steps out. Even in his disguise, I know it was him. I pull down my cap a little before getting out of the car.

We went opposite ways and I got inside the cafe. I saw Yunho sitting in a secluded area. He was holding on to a clear file. See? I told you he spend Yunho's money. Just look at that amount of shopping bags on the table!

"I'm back." I said as I slide down on the seat opposite of him.

"That was fast. You sure your car is here?" Yunho asked me. I nodded as I looked around.

"Here." Yunho passed me the file he was holding on to.

"I've already sign it. Happy now?" Yunho asked as he supports his head on his hand. He was pouting a little and I had to bear the urge to pinch his cheeks. No, Jaejoong. I'm Youngwoong now. You can't do that. Remember what Changmin said. Don't listen to my heart.

Hold on. What's in the file anyway? I looked at the file before skimming through the first page. What?! Why must I follow Yunho every single day? Don't I have any work to do? We're not allowed to touch each other in private? We can't interfere with each other's personal life? What's with no touching my Bambi? Hold on. This can't be a marriage contract, right?

"You really don't trust me, do you?" Yunho asked. I looked at him, questioning his words.

"Relax. I'm a man of my words. I will follow whatever you wrote there if, you follow whatever I wrote there. Plus, we're only doing this for one month."

One month?

"No more debating. We did that for the last hour." Yunho grumbled as he pointed his finger towards me.

No wonder Hero wanted me to substitute him for a month. That's how long he is going to get married to Yunho. Conniving bastard. I ignored Yunho before I continued reading the contents of the file. Wow, they really thought of all the rules to stop each other from falling in love with each other. Makes my job easier. I just have to mind my own business while he can mind his own business.

"Youngwoong."

"Hmm?" I asked as I looked at him. He pushed my head down.

"Ow!" I yelped as he lets go of my head.

"Shh! Paparazzis!" Yunho hissed as he puts on his sunglasses. He grabbed my cap suddenly before putting it on.

"Hey! That's mine." I spat out as I tried to cover myself with the file.

"Come on. Let's get out of here. Can you please keep that?" Yunho asked, referring to the file. I followed him out. The file was kept hidden under my shirt.

"Where's your car?" Yunho asked as he stops walking. I pointed to the silver car parked just right outside the cafe. Yeah, Hero provided me with one of his car. So I switched with his just now.

"Good." Yunho said as he walked towards the car. I opened the back door and Yunho placed the shopping bags on the seats.

"I'm going to go home. You should go home also. See you tomorrow. At the wedding." Yunho said as he takes off my cap. He's leaning closer towards me. What the...

Did he just kiss me?! He just kissed me! Jung Yunho just kissed me!!! On the cheek apparently. Nevermind. I'll just aim for the lips later on. Wait, that shouldn't be what I'm supposed to be thinking of. Focus, Jaejoong. Remember what Changmin said.

Yunho put my cap on me before walking away, a little smirk appeared on his face. I stood stunt by the sidewalk. Not only when I heard a 'click' sound that I quickly scrambled into my car and drove off. To my new house.


I drive through the gates before stopping my car right infront of a huge door. This should be the house, judging from the photo I saw in the phone. I got out of the car and a man walked down the stairs.

"Hey Hero." Woo Hyunmin. Youngwoong's manager. Knows Youngwoong really well. Especially his boyfriends. Nickname? Hyunnie.

"Hey Hyunnie." I called before letting him grab hold of the shopping bags. I leave him alone and walked inside the house before walking up the spiral staircase. Judging from the blueprints, Youngwoong's room should be right there. That room at the end of the corridor. His life-size photo was on the door. I'm sure that's his room.

I turned the knob before pushing the door open. I walked inside before sitting down on the bed. Hyunmin walked inside the room before placing the bags on one side.

"So, did you have fun on your date with Hankyung?" Hyunmin asked. I looked at him.

"I went shopping just now. With Yunho." I answered, correcting his mistake. Hyunmin nod before walking towards the door. I grabbed a magazine from the small table by the bed before lying down on the bed. Eventhough I was browsing through the magazine, I saw Hyunmin locked the door. I look at him.

"Why did you lock the door?"

"Spit it out. Who are you?"