To Protect Her

Such a Girly Aura.

Zico watched Jung-Hwa run over towards him with her hoodie over her head. As she came closer, he noticed that her shoes started to untie.  Zico heard Jung-Hwa let out a quick scream and saw her falling forward towards him. His heart jumped and he reacted quickly. He reached out his arms in hopes to catch her. **plump** Jung-Hwa's head hit Zico's chest from falling over and dragged down to his abdomin as gravity continued to pull her.  Her face finally stopped dragging along his torso when he was able to grasp hold of her with his arms under hers. The side of Jung-Hwa's face stayed rested on Zico's stomach. Dangling there helpless, she took a deep breathe trying to sink in what happened. **I’m not hurt, I didn't hit the ground.** Jung-Hwa thought for a second relieved.

Zico was relieved. "Hwa, are you ok?" Zico asked in concern. A smile formed on his face. Zico felt so many emotions in those few seconds that they were together. He was surprised, scared, worried, and finally felt excited when he realized that he caught her. With such close contact between the both of them Zico became a bit nervous yet he was very happy. He let her stay like that in her arms until her breathing calmed. After a few moments Zico gently lifted her up a bit so she can stand. "Hwa noona, you have to be careful."

"I will." she sighed in relief. "Thank you, I would of eaten the pavement if you didnt catch me."

Both of them began walking to the fields. Zico, being the joker that he is, began chuckling. “Hwa, if only you were able to see your face.” Zico laughed out loud. He then proceeded to over exaggerate her expression while pretending to fall forward.

Jung-Hwa wasn’t embarrassed before but now she was because of his teasing. “Jiho!” Jung-Hwa covered her face with both her forearms in embarrassment. She lightly elbowed him in revenge. They continued to exchange light pushes and elbowing a few more meters down the path. Jung-Hwa sighed. “Stop it. Jiho you’re so mean. I was really scared back there.” She said with a sad expression.

Zico stopped laughing and looked at her. “I thought you were … actually really pretty as you were falling.”

“As I was falling? Ha- seriously stop making fun of me.” Jung-Hwa said in return. Zico really thought she was pretty though. He found that side very intriguing to him. It was a rare sight to see Jung-Hwa so scared and fragile. She was hopeless and when he caught her he felt like a hero.

“Promise you won’t fall anymore.”

Jung-Hwa lightly smirked. “I’m human, I can’t guarantee that I won’t fall over of slip for the rest of my life.”

“I'll promise to protect and catch you before you fall then.”

Jung-Hwa could sense the seriousness from him. She squint her eyebrows. It wasn’t like Zico to be talking these kinds of words to her. Then she remembered him teasing her. She smiled thinking it was a joke. “A promise?” she gasped jokingly after.

Zico nods. “Yes, so I can see…” Zico then proceeded to over exaggerate her expression again as they reached the fields.

 

 

It was late, the sun had set and the only lights were from the tall light post. Even then it was cold and hard to see because it was a bit foggy. Jung-Hwa had kept her hoodie on to stay warm. She playfully juggled the ball with her feet as Block B mingled with Exo on their side of the field.

They played for over 20 minutes showing new tricks to one another and learning names. They all went to the benches to take a break while Jung-Hwa, who stayed at a distance, still played alone juggling the ball. JaeHyo came over instead of taking a break to stay with his cousin.

Jaehyo walked over while pushing along a cart filled with soccer balls. Jung-Hwa laughed. “Hyo oppa, what are you doing?”

 “How come you’re here by yourself? Why don’t you come play with us?”

“Oppa, I play soccer and practice all the time. I just want to do it… not so seriously this time.” Jung-Hwa said trying to see how long she can juggle the ball without it hitting the floor.

“Hwa, show me a new trick.” Jaehyo said.

“Oppa, you’ve been playing for a long time, go rest.”

“Oppa will buy you something nice for your birthday if you impress me.”

Jung-Hwa stopped juggling and lightly dribbled the ball towards Jaehyo. She looked left then right for the nearest goal post “Oppa I’ve been practicing banana kicks, wanna see?” Jung-Hwa got down and stretched for a few seconds. She stood up, picked up the ball, dropped it and kicked it hard. Jung-Hwa and Jaehyo watched the ball curve into the goal. She turned back to see Jaehyo nodding. “Do I get to pick what I want?” she asked with a grin.

“I agree that its cool, but it’s not … impressive” Jaehyo said nonchalantly.

“Should I banana kick all the balls into the goal in order to pick my gift then?”

JaeHyo knew that was way too easy for Jung-Hwa to achieve. “How about this, steal all the balls from me and kick it from here to the goal.”

Jung-Hwa quickly looked at all the balls in the cart. There were about 12 balls. “Done.” Before JaeHyo knew it, Jung-Hwa already grabbed 2 balls and kicked them into the goal.

“Yah, not like that.” Jaehyo said.

Jung-Hwa stopped. JaeHyo grab a ball and started to juggle the ball.  “Oh!~” Jung-Hwa finally understood. Within a second, she quickly lifted her leg and bent her knee down. She hit the ball with the bottom of her foot and got it away from Jaehyo. Jaehyo was stunned though not surprised. Jung-Hwa smirked at the thought her cousin’s challenge. Jaehyo watched his cousin settle the moving ball with bottom of her feet. She lightly lifted it up with her foot and kicked it very hard towards the goal. “Oppa, I’m going to pick something expensive.” She said to him teasingly.

“Yeah, only if you win.” Jaehyo said. “My little sister, the game just started.” Jaehyo grabbed another ball and began to juggle again. This time Jung-Hwa had a harder time getting the ball.

“Jaehyo, I want multiple gifts” she said as she finally got the ball. She quickly turned around towards the goal and scored. “And they all have to come in… SETS!” she said as she got the third ball quickly even before JaeHyo was able to jungle it for 3 seconds.

Jaehyo scrunched his face while getting the 4th ball. “Yuck, I don’t want to have to pick out lingerie or a bra and set for my younger cousin. Ah I know, I’ll let KYUNG PICK!” He said laughing.

“No way, that’s not what I want.” Jung-Hwa panted. She caught the ball and kicked it towards the goal. “Shiseido!”. She screamed. With every other 2 more scores, she screamed out an expensive makeup brand or perfume brand.

While they were playing, Block B were watching them also. “wha~ noona is so pretty” P.O. said. “Even the way she wipes her sweat, it’s so attractive. everything she does is pretty” P.O. said in a daze.

“You think so too?” Zico said over hearing him.

P.O. nodded “Yup, ever since the first day JaeHyo introduced us to each other, shes been pretty” he said in a trance like mode. “Even her tiniest movements, isn’t it so feminine?”

**puk** “Hey, stop staring at her. Get your eyes off her you creep.” Zico said slapping P.O’s shoulders.

“No way, I must protect Jung-Hwa noona, and to protect her, I must keep my eyes on her” P.O wittily replied.