Chapter 7

Would You Be My Tutor

 

 

“Are you sure you wanna do this? I mean, are you really, really sure?” asked Junho, still hoping that So Eun wouldn’t proceed with her idea.

So Eun nodded repeatedly. “Yeah, I’ve always seen people doing this in dramas. I really want to experience it myself and know what the feeling is,”

Junho scratched his head. “But So Eun-ah…it’s dangerous,”

So Eun pouted.

“What’s so dangerous about riding a couple bike??” she asked, unsatisfied with Junho’s sudden over-protectiveness.

“I mean…look at you. You’re wearing skirt. What if people see your…” Junho didn’t finish his words.

“See my what?” So Eun was blurred.

Junho tried to find the best way to express his worry. “Your under*cough*w-wea….*cough*”

Well, seemed like not the best way to express it but what matters the most was So Eun got the message.

“Ahh, about that~ Don’t worry. That won’t happen. My skirt is long. Look, it even covers my knee,” convinced So Eun.

Junho let out a heavy sigh. So Eun was very persistent to ride couple bike. It was a mistake to take this route and made them passed by the bicycle rental service centre. This route was undoubtedly the shortest and fastest way to get to the lakeside but damn it! Why must the bicycle rental service exist here? Gosh, he hated riding bicycle! He hated it very much he hated it to the bone. There’s no specific reason behind the hatred. It’s just...he never found it as something fun and exciting.

Okay, no, to be honest, there’s reason behind the hatred. First, in his opinion riding bicycle doesn’t make him look cool. His armpit will become sweaty and he’ll look like a guy who couldn't afford any more decent vehicle. He preferred superbike million times much, much more than bicycle. Second, when he was a child, he took the longest time to learn how to ride bicycle among all his siblings and cousins. He has been the laughing stock for the entire Lee Family (a family line known for their good genes in education) for quite sometimes. Since then, he hates bicycle. A lot. He already knew how to ride it now but still, he sees it as a symbol of his complex.

“No! We still can’t ride it!” refused Junho with all his heart.

“Why not?” asked So Eun, disappointed.

 “It doesn’t include in our syllabus,” he answered ridiculously.

So Eun folded her arms across her chest and pouted again.

“Stop pouting. It’s cute, but I won’t buy it this time,”

“At least, give a good reason. Not in syllabus is such a….cover up,”

Junho lifted his eyebrows. “Cover up?”

“Yeah, it’s obvious that it’s a cover up for... for whatever logical reason that prohibits you from riding couple bike with me. Wae? You think it looks childish? And funny?”

Junho was taken aback. ‘Oh hoh Kim So Eun has become smarter! Usually she’ll just agree with what I said without much questioning but today her aggressiveness and rebellious side are kind of….how should I put it in word? Exploded? Hahah! Great then. I'll just play along,’

“Actually…you are right. It was a cover up. There’s a reason why I purposely don’t want to ride the bicycle. The reason was embarrassing,” admitted Junho suddenly with a serious face. It attracted So Eun’s attention.

“I don’t know how to ride bicycle,” he lied.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Whoa-whoaaa-hoaaa! Whoahh!!” Junho’s endless scream was heard across the lakeside.

“Gwenchana, Oppa! I’m holding the bike. Continue pedaling. You can do it. Fighting!” encouraged So Eun from behind as she supported the bicycle to avoid Junho from falling down.

Honestly, So Eun has never thought that day would come. The day for her to see Junho learns something instead of teaches something.

‘So this is how his face looks when he learns…,’

‘So this is how his voice sounds when he learns…,’

Her feeling was indescribable. She was sure it was a positive feeling but she didn’t sure what type of positive feeling was that. Happy? Yes, she was happy but it’s not the same type of happiness that she feels whenever she goes out for picnic with her family. Proud? Yes, she was proud but it’s not the same type of pride that she feels whenever she wins a competition at school. Peaceful? Yes, she was peaceful but it’s not the same type of peace that she feels whenever she opens her window every Sunday morning to hear birds chirping. Her heart thumps very fast yet she wasn’t exhausted. She was nervous but ironically her nervousness was the source of her tranquility.

‘Seriously, what type of miraculous feeling is this? Is this… love?’

So Eun wasn’t sure of her own feeling. But one thing she knew for sure was, being able to see another side of her Junho Oppa like this made her feel much closer to him.

“DAAANNNGGGGGG!!!” a loud thud brought So Eun back to the reality. What she saw next made her scream in shocked and worry.

 “Oppa!!”

So Eun quickly ran towards Junho who was already laying on the ground with the bicycle above him.

“Oppa gwencahana??”

“Urghh..” Junho could only whimper in pain.

“Ommo ottoke? Ottoke? Oppa are you okay? Can you get up? Ahh ottoke?” So Eun kept asking as she took away the bicycle and helped Junho to sit on the ground.

“S-So Eun-ah…my h-head…it hurts,”

“Jinja?” So Eun quickly got up to check Junho’s head. Physically it was okay. There were neither bruises nor blood. But she continued checking carefully, without noticing an evil smirk which has appeared on Junho’s face.

‘Hehe. She fell for it, as expected,’

“Ahhh sooooo painful…!! So Eun-ah, quickly do something. T-try massage my head. I think it would help..it has scientific effect…ahhh ouchhh!” said Junho as he pretended to be in severe pain.

So Eun quickly massaged Junho’s head as instructed without suspecting anything. All she wanted was just for Junho to be alright. Junho, on the other hand, closed his eyes and smiled widely. He felt like because the massage was so good. So Eun’s hand was so was gentle. He enjoyed it very much.

 “How is it now? Feeling better? Has the pain subsides?” asked So Eun.

Junho quickly put on his act again. “Aniyo, it still hurts. I d-don’t think this works very well. Why don’t you try massaging my leg this time?”

“Leg?” So Eun was confused. “It has scientific effect too??”

“Of course. Ah palli So Eun-ah! Oppa can’t bear this pain anymore!” Junho acted more dramatically to make his pain looked even more real.

So Eun quickly massage Junho’s leg. Junho could only laugh silently. Of course his tired legs which have worked so hard pedaling bicycle all day long needed some treatment too.

‘Mianhae my little naïve girl So Eun-ie. Today, your Guardian Angel Oppa is in the mood to play some pranks,’

“Aigoo! Aigoo! The p-pain increased-d. So Eun-ah… The pain b-becomes worse! Ah! My head hurts too much!” shouted Junho suddenly.

So Eun was so afraid.  She was very panic. She didn’t know what to do in that situation. She almost cried.

“Ah ottoke! Ottoke! Oppa, bear it a little more, okay? I’ll take you to hospital now, your condition looks so serious,”

“S-so Eu…So Eun-ah. Oppa… ahhh~~! I…I t-think… I need CPR,” uttered Junho, before collapsing onto the ground.

“Oppa!!!!!!” screamed So Eun. “Oppa don’t die! Palli wake up! Don’t die!”

She shook Junho’s body several times but there was no reaction. Quickly she put her index finger in front of Junho’s nostril to know whether he’s still breathing or not. She could feel small air blew out of the noise. Junho was still alive. She was so relieved and grateful. She looked around to ask for help but there was no one nearby. She couldn’t leave Junho alone there. She’s afraid something would happen to him if she leaves him alone.

‘Ah, what should I do now???’

She looked at Junho who has “lost his conscious”.

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation. CPR.

She knew what it is. She learnt it at school but only theoretically, not practically. In other words, she has never done it in real life before. She looked again at Junho but this time at his lips.

‘Should I do it? Do I really need to do it….? Ah, what were you thinking Kim So Eun! Of course you have to do it! You need to save Junho Oppa. If it’s you in his place right now, he would do it without hesitating like this. He would definitely save you. He would even put his life on the line to save you. Calm down, okay and just do it,’

So Eun took a deep breath. Then, with shaky hand and sweaty forehead, So Eun touched Junho’s mouth to open his lips apart. She bent her body down and leaned closer to his face. Her lips were only centimeters away from Junho’s lips. As the distance became shorter, So Eun’s lips trembled. Her heart was beating so fast it drove her crazy. She almost gave up but quickly chased her negative thoughts away for the sake of saving Junho’s life. She closed her eyes and…...

“Bwahahaha!!”

She was surprised to see her fainted Junho Oppa suddenly regained his conscious and burst into laughter.

“Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahhhh!!!” He got up and continued laughing hysterically.

So Eun was dumbfounded. She didn’t understand what actually happened.

After a few minutes, Junho managed to calm down and stop his laughter. “Sorry, it was just too funny. You should see you expression at that time. It’s like…you…hahahhaa,”

He was about to start laughing again but as soon as he notice So Eun’s serious unamused face, he quickly apologized, “Mianhae, So Eun-ah. I have no intention to scare you or make you worried like that. I just wanna play some jokes with you,”

So Eun stood up. With a clear long pout on her face, she faced him and hit his arm repeatedly. “How could you, Oppa! How could you! I was so worried, you know!”

“Ouch! Ouch! So Eun-ah it’s hurt. Stop it,”

“You deserve the pain this time! You deserve the pain for making me worried!”

“Yah if you continue hitting me like this, I may really need CPR later,” threated Junho.

Junho’s words made So Eun stop hitting him immediately. She was blushing.

Junho rubbed his arm as he chuckled, feeling amused with So Eun’s expression. “Oh, this is the first time I see you blush in front of me. Wae? Are you shy? You never shy with me before,”

Those words made So Eun cheeks became more reddish. Not only his cheek, her body temperature suddenly increased too. She felt warmer and her heart thumped so fast.

“So Eun-ah, what’s wrong? Are you sick?”

“A-Aniyo,” she answered, stuttering. “Since you’re not injured, let’s continue with your practice,” So Eun tried to change the subject.

Junho smirked. “Don’t tell me you seriously think that I, the genius Lee Junho, don’t know how to ride bicycle. Don’t tell me you can’t see that I was only pretending,”

So Eun gasp in disbelief. “Y-you were lying about that too??”

Junho only nodded as response.

So Eun clenched her teeth and began hitting Junho’s arm again. “How could you lie to me about that, Oppa! How could you!!”

“Ouch! Yah Kim So Eun! Yah! Ouch! Ahh! Alright, alright I’m sorry. Stop it already,” pleaded Junho.

“I was so happy to see you learn for the first time, you know! How could you do this to me! Aishh!”

“Happy to see me what?”

So Eun didn’t answer Junho’s question. She kept hitting Junho to express her frustration. Junho couldn’t bear the pain of the hitting anymore. So Eun physical appearance may look gentle, cute and polite but her hitting was really tough and hard. He gathered up his strength and captured So Eun’s hands. He pulled her closer against his body as he narrowed his eyes towards her. Their faces were only few inches away from each othe and they could feel each other’s breath. So Eun who didn’t expect to be caught like that gulped down her saliva.

“You’ve been a really, really bad student today, don’t you know?” said Junho, half whispering.

“What kind of punishment should I give you?” he added, as he leaned closer towards So Eun.

He could clearly see how frightened and surprised So Eun was towards his action. He’s laughing silently in his heart. He’s enjoying it. As Junho was about to tease and play around with her some more, his handphone in his pocket suddenly vibrated, along with a loud sound of upbeat ringtone. He sighed as he has no choice but to let go of So Eun. He looked at the name of the dialer. It’s one of the research team members.

 “Hello. No, I’m outside now. Uh huh. Uh huh. By 5 p.m? Really? I didn’t know about that. Yeah. Okay. But I might be a little late. Okay. Okay. Arasso. See you then. Bye,” Junho hanged up the phone and turned to So Eun.

“Sorry, I think I have to go now. Something come up,”

“About the research thingy?”

Junho nodded. “But I will still send you home. I can’t let you go alone no matter what. Since I have not enough time, let’s just take a cab,”

So Eun didn’t say much. She only agreed and followed whatever Junho said. Honestly she was sad that their dating lesson ended too soon. They returned the bicycle and quickly went to the taxi stop. After they got into a cab, So Eun fall asleep halfway through the journey and she cursed herself for that. The next day gonna be weekends which means she wouldn’t be able to see Junho for the next two days. So, she didn’t want to waste the time left with Junho without talking about anything or sleeping.

As soon as she woke up, they are already arrived in front of So Eun’s house. Junho got out from the cab to open the door for her.

“Come on, sleepyhead. We’re here already,”

So Eun walked out lazily. Junho closed the door behind her and took out his phone. “Last thing you need to remember for today lesson is, don’t forget to take picture as memory! Now look at the camera and say ‘kimchi’!”

So Eun wasn't in the mood for a picture at that time as she was just woke up from her sleep. “Andwae. I just woke up. I look mes-”

“Kacha!” So Eun’s words were being cut off with camera sound.

“Hehehehe. Thanks for the picture. I’ll give a copy to you later, together with a frame. See you later, So Eun-ah. Any questions regarding today’s lesson, hold it till Monday okay. Anneyong!”

So Eun didn’t get to say anything as Junho immediately entered the cab and the vehicle automatically drifted away leaving her alone in front of her house gate.

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Hi guys long time no see. You've been waiting for too long right? I know. I'm sorry. I'm such a updater~~ lol

I actually wanna do double update but I realize that there's only two chapters left for this story to complete so I decided to get things slow and steady (as if I'm not slow enough~huhuu,,mianhae~~)

The next update gonna be on...... I think around mid-January? Hope you guys can wait till then.

Now, the hint for the next chapter is: 

Don't forget to subscribe and leave your comments. See you around. Bye^^