Chapter 6

Would You Be My Tutor

 

 

 

 

So Eun walked lazily towards the school gate. She was told that her tutorial on that day was cancelled because Junho got some other important things to do at his university. To be honest, she felt very sad after knowing the news. That day was the second day she went back home alone without Junho, including the day which Junho came late for their tutorial before. She understood that as a university student of course Junho would be very busy with assignments, presentation, quizzes (plus he also got other extra work to do: doing researches for university and tutoring her every evening) but she has already gotten used going back with him. It felt so weird to go back home alone without Junho by her side.

 

She hummed to some random songs as she walked nearer to the school gate. Even though the songs that she was humming to were happy songs, her face showed otherwise. The gloominess that was written all over her face couldn’t be hid at all. Thinking that she herself was pathetic, she shook her head and let out a heavy sigh. Right at that moment, she saw a familiar figure of a young man standing at a familiar spot in front of the school gate. A familiar backpack was hung over his shoulders and he has a familiar posture of keeping his hand inside his pockets while looking at the road boringly.

‘Oh?? Isn’t that…Junho Oppa?’ So Eun was shocked.

Instead of being happy or excited, So Eun let out another heavy sigh. ‘Yah, Kim So Eun… You must have really gone insane, don’t you? You even see illusion of Junho Oppa now?? Aish Kim So Eun, I know you really want to see Junho Oppa and you really wanna go back with him but didn’t Junho Oppa has already told you that he's busy today? He won’t come for today’s tutorial and he won’t be waiting for you after school. So stop hoping, accept the fact and get over it!’ So Eun scolded herself.

She continued walking even though she could still see the illusion clearly. She told herself that the illusion would soon disappear and all she needed to do was just to ignore it. However, for So Eun’s surprise, that illusion of Junho didn’t only did not disappear, but it also became clearer and more realistic. As soon as the illusion noticed So Eun presence, it smiled and waved at her super excitedly. So Eun could only wrinkle her forehead in confusion. She walked away as if she didn’t see anything.

 “Wahhh looks like Kim So Eun really doesn’t want to see me today. She doesn’t even spare a glance at me. She must be really happy that today’s tutorial is canceled. Poor me, if only I knew I’ll be ignored this way…”

So Eun stopped walking immediately and turned around.

“Oppa, is that you? Is that REALLY you?!” she asked, almost scream. Her eyes opened widely in disbelief. She didn’t know that it was the real Junho, not some kind of her weird illusion or imagination.

“Waeyo? Were you expecting someone else?” asked Junho. Before So Eun even had the chance to answer, Junho already added, “Fine. I’ll just go back to university then,” Junho pretended to be sulky before turning around, ready to walk away. So Eun quickly grab his arm to stop him.

“Aniyo, Oppa. I was just too surprised. I am actually very happy to see you. I really am,” confessed So Eun honestly. Her eyes sparkled, reflecting her happiness.

Junho smiled happily after hearing So Eun’s words. He knew So Eun was being honest. He just wanted to play around with her. Seeing So Eun’s hand grabbing his arm tightly made his smile grew even wider.

“Come on, let’s go now,” said Junho, dragging So Eun along to leave that place. His vivid smile was still plastered on his face.

“Are we going to my house? I thought today’s tutorial is cancelled?”

“The tutorial is still on but we’re not going to your house and you’re not going to learn math, science or literature,”

“Then??” So Eun was more confused.

Junho stopped walking. He turned So Eun's body to face him.

“Today, Oppa is going to tutor you…”

He bent himself closer and whispered, “…on love and dating,”

 

 

******

 

 

“So Eun-ah, have you done changing?” asked Junho in front of the fitting room.

“Hold on,” she answered.

“It just a t-shirt, what took you so long?”

Suddenly the door was pulled open from the inside. So Eun came out from the fitting room, already changed into a new t-shirt that Junho chose for them. Junho eyed her from head to toe. A wide bright smile sparked on his face.

“There you go. I told you that you’ll look cute in this. To be exact, I told you that WE will look cute in these. I made a right choice, didn’t I?” exclaimed Junho proudly.

“Tell me again, Oppa, why must we wear couple-T?” she asked, still couldn’t see the relevance of wearing couple-T for the both of them.

“Because TODAY we’re couple and couple wears matching clothes when they go dating,” answered Junho.

So Eun was not satisfied.

“Why? You don’t like it? You…don’t like to wear the same cloth as me?” asked Junho after noticing So Eun’s bitter expression. Unknowingly, the smile on his face faded.

So Eun quickly denied it. “No, I like this t-shirt and I don’t hate wearing the same cloth as you. But I don’t like to see you spend your money on me for unnecessary things like this,”

Junho’s smile rekindled after hearing So Eun’s answer. His heart fluttered. Usually girls around So Eun age would be more than glad if someone spends money on them but So Eun has showed that she’s different from those typical high school girl. She’s very virtuous and thoughtful. It made people want to spend more money for someone like her simply because she deserves it.

“It’s okay, take it as a gift. After all, I never gave you anything since we know each other, right? And it’s not like I do this everyday. Today is a special day so I want to make this day memorable. Just take this a present from me, okay?” persuaded Junho.

“But Oppa, you’re still a student. I know university students need money for many things. Fees, books…everything is so expensive. I’ll feel very worried and guilty if you spend money on me like this,”

“Why not? It’s okay, I’m not poor. I tutor you not for money, remember?”

“Okay… But, how about we make this day memorable without spending much money? ” suggested So Eun.

Junho put up a serious face.

“I don’t want to,”

He then left So Eun to make his payment at the cash counter. So Eun quickly followed him. She wanted to stop Junho but she was too late. Junho has already given his money to the cashier.

“Thank you. Please come again,” said the cashier as she gave Junho his balance.

So Eun was speechless.

"I have a question about today's lesson, Mr. Lee. Are boyfriends meant to be hard-headed like this? I often see it on dramas but never knew it's real in the reality," asked So Eun as they leave the shop.

“You should be happy that your boyfriend spends his money on you to show that you’re more precious than his money,” Junho didn't really answer her question.

So Eun bit her lip. “But we are not a real coup-”

“Today we are so no more questions, no more objections and no more sour face, understand?” Junho quickly cut her off.

“Ne~~! I got it, Mr. Lee,” mocked So Eun before pouting and walked ahead of Junho.

Junho could only smile with So Eun’s respond.

“Yes, just like that. You should always be obedient to your teacher just like that. Shall we do some revision about our lesson so far? Tell me, what was the first thing that I taught you today?”

“The first thing you taught me today? Ermm...”

 

‘The first thing that you must always remember during a date is that you’re going out with your boyfriend. Yes, your boyfriend. Calling your boyfriend by his name is strictly prohibited. Instead, use sweet pet name such as Oppa, Jagiya, Yeobo, Darling, Honey, Sweetheart, Baby. These are among the common names that people use but if you want to make it more special, you can use something like…emm…Little Puppy? My Romeo? Or maybe Teddy Bear? Prince Charming, Cuddle Bunny and even Tarzan. Whatever, girls are more creative and excited in giving pet names like this. So please bear in mind that today I’m your boyfriend and you must never ever call me by my name, okay? Understand?’

 

“Aniyo. I don’t remember anything. Too complicated for me to understand let alone remember,” lied So Eun. She wasn’t in the mood to be a good student. She took this opportunity to take her ‘revenge’ towards Junho regarding the Couple-T thingy just now.

Junho couldn’t believe what he just heard.

“What? You don’t remember? It was the first thing that I taught you in less than 30 minutes ago!  And didn’t I tell you that it was the most important thing? How could you forget something so important and easy like that?? Ahh, never mind, tell me what is the second most important thing then. You can remember this one, right? It’s simpler and easier,”

So Eun scratched her head purposely. “The second most important thing? Ermm…”

 

‘So Eun-ah, give me your hand,’

‘My hand? For what?’

Junho grabbed So Eun’s hand without waiting for her permission. He clasped their hands together and smiled before answering, ‘This is the next important thing you need to remember for today’s lesson. Hold your boyfriend’s hand as tight as you can as if you’re afraid of losing him and as if you don’t want your date to end. Every couple does this during their date,”

 

“What was it? I think I can briefly remember but I’m not really sure,” So Eun carried on with her ‘revenge’ plan. She didn’t know why but looking at Junho’s disbelief and disappointed reaction was kinda fun.

“If I give you some rewards for answering my questions correctly, would you give your best and study today’s lesson whole-heartedly?” asked Junho, trying to apply different technique.

“Sorry Oppa but I don’t think it’s gonna work. Today’s lesson is just too… I don’t know. I can’t find the right words to describe it. It’s so uninteresting and it doesn’t suit me at all,” So Eun made an excuse.

“Why not? Your grade improved last month after I gave you a phone strap,”

So Eun sighed. “It’s different…”

“Oh, a cotton candy shop!” shouted Junho suddenly.

So Eun could only laugh at Junho’s lame way of lying and distracting her. “Nice try, Oppa but I won’t fall into your trap,”

“No, it’s really a cotton candy shop,” convinced Junho while pointing at a small booth nearby.

So Eun quickly turned her head to the direction. Junho wasn’t lying. It was really a cotton candy shop. So Eun’s eyes sparkled as she looked at those big colourful soft fluffy candies. She likes cotton candy very much. She likes it more than ice-cream. She likes it more than lollipop. She likes it more than her teddy bears. She likes it the best in this entire world. She didn’t know how or when did she end up standing right in front the shop with mouth wide open. She also didn’t realize that all kids who were surrounding the booth at that time were looking so strangely at her with big question marks in their eyes.

“So Minjung wasn’t joking when she told me that you love cotton candy so much,” Junho’s voice brought So Eun back into reality.

“Oppa, it looks so delicious, isn’t it? Can I have one?” pleaded So Eun with her big shiny puppy eyes.

Junho smirked. A light bulb lit above his head. He got an idea.

“I used to buy cotton candy for my dates whenever we went out because for me it’s a romantic thing to do and I know many girls love cotton candy. Today I have such an exceptionally cute adorable girl as my date and I feel like buying the whole cotton candy shop for her but…but…”

Junho paused before continued with ‘sad’ looking face, “But she doesn’t like me to spend money on her! How many times I told her that all I want to do is just to make our date memorable but she still refused to agree. We almost got into a fight at a Couple-T shop because she insisted not to buy the shirt for her. Aigoo...it’s such a pity but as a good boyfriend, I want to listen to her. I won’t spend money on her for unnecessary things anymore no matter how much I want it. So as the conclusion…Sorry Kim So Eun but you can't have that cotton candy.”

So Eun didn’t know what to say. Who was getting revenge on whom actually? She felt like Junho has twisted everything. Indeed Junho was too smart to be defeated. She couldn't help to feel sad.

“But if you really want it, I can make an exception,” added Junho suddenly.

So Eun’s face brightened instantly. “Really??”

“But with one condition,” added Junho.

“What condition?” So Eun couldn't wait.

Junho chuckled. His plan worked perfectly so far. “Simple. From now on, just accept everything I buy or give to you without any complaints or argument. It’s a way to show your appreciation towards my sincerity,”

So Eun thought for awhile. She was in dilemma. She really didn’t want Junho to spend money on her because he’s still studying but she couldn’t resist the cotton candy in front of her at that moment.

“O-okay,” agreed So Eun half-heartedly.

Junho smiled in victory. Being genius is such a bless. “Alright. What flavor do you want?” asked Junho while taking out his wallet. Hearing the question, So Eun’s bright smile returned.

After waiting for about 5 minutes, So Eun finally got her 'long-awaited' cotton candy. It was strawberry flavored. Its sweet smell and bright pinkish color made So Eun’s mouth watered. She was about to give it a huge bite but Junho suddenly snatched it away from her.

“Tell me what was the first thing I taught you today and I’ll return this to you,”

“What? Oppa, this is  so unfair. I’ve agreed with your condition just now,” So Eun protested.

“Is that really your answer?” asked Junho seriously while taking the cotton candy farther away from her.

So Eun snorted. “Fine! The first thing you taught me was that I’m going out with my boyfriend today. I have to really see you as a boyfriend, not a teacher, not a friend, not a brother and calling you by your name is strictly prohibited. I have to get you a sweet nickname but we’ve agreed to just go with ‘Oppa’ because you said I’m still a beginner. Then, right after that you told me the next important thing which is to hold my boyfriend’s hand…”

So Eun paused for a moment. She walked towards Junho and took his hand before clasping it together with hers. “….as tight as I can just like this, as if I’m afraid of losing you and as if I don’t want today’s date to end,”

So Eun's answer made Junho's mouth fell wide open.

“You. Remember. Everything. PERFECTLY.” He said in disbelief.

So Eun grinned. “I can have my cotton candy back now, right?”

She then took back the cotton candy from Junho’s hand without waiting for his answer. Junho just let her took the cotton candy away from him. He was still in frozen state.

“But you said everything was complicated and too difficult for you?” He was still couldn’t get over it.

With cotton candy in , So Eun answered cheekily, “I was just playing around with you,”

Junho could only laugh in disbelief. “Yah Kim So Eun you.. Wah~! Who knows Kim So Eun can be naughty too. Looks like I discovered a new side of Kim So Eun today,”

So Eun only gave him a wide smile as response.

With hands still tightly clasping, they left that place for their next destination.

‘But let’s see who’s naughtier,’ whispered Junho secretly.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

- The date hasn't ended yet. This is only the part one of the date. Actually I wanted to put whole date in this one chapter but I know all of us (including me) can't wait any longer~! >.< And I think this chapter is already long enough.

- I also would like to apologize for making you guys wait for too long. Sorryyyyyyy >.<

-Now, as usual, the hint of the next chapter, which is the part two of the date:

Not exactly like this but something kinda like this? (what the heck I'm talking about) It's just Junho being naugthy~~~because you naughty naughty hey i'm mr simple!!

 

- Don't forget to leave your comments. Enjoy reading. See you around ^^