Chapter 5

Would You Be My Tutor

 

 

 

 

It was a regret that Junho was unable to wait for So Eun at her school that day. There was something regarding his research activity he needed to settle that afternoon. He’s supposed to be at So Eun’s house at 2.30 p.m but it’s 2.45p.m already and he’s still in the laboratory, doing this and that. He rushed to So Eun’s house after he finished up his work. He’s already one hour late and he went directly to So Eun’s room as soon as he arrived.

He stood in front of the room door for awhile to tidy up her hair and shirt before knocking it. He knocked the door several times but no one replied. He knocked again, louder this time but still no answer. Slowly he pushed it. Bit by bit So Eun’s figure appeared in his sight. She was sleeping at her study desk, with her book still open and pencil still in his hand. How cute…

Junho entered the room quietly and he stopped just in front of his sleeping tutee. He bent his body to see her face closer. He was thinking whether or not to wake her up. He examined her face closely. Her face when she’s sleeping was so cute, pure and angelic. She looked like a baby. Junho couldn’t help but smile. He felt like all his tiredness from rushing here and there at the university suddenly disappeared.

“..they put frog in her lunchbox, they throw her PE attire into the dustbin and the even scheme her during exam to make her looks like cheating. It’s just soooo terrible..”

Junho suddenly remembered what Min said. He let out a sigh.

“So Eun-ah, mianhae… I’m sorry that I didn’t know about all these,” he said. He lifted his hand and caressed So Eun’s hair.

“Don’t worry, from today onwards Oppa will always stay by your side. You have to stay strong, ok?” he continued caressing So Eun’s hair softly with a smile on his face.

Suddenly So Eun’s face wrinkled. Junho was surprised and quickly took his hand away from So Eun’s hair. He took his seat on the floor, in front of the small table which they use for their tutorial session. So Eun rubbed her half-closed eyes and yawned a little. She’s only aware of Junho’s presence when she heard he coughed. It made her turned to Junho immediately.

“Oh Oppa you’re here already?” she asked.

“Umm. Hurry wake up and sit down here,” answered Junho softly with his charming eyes smile.

So Eun nodded lazily and yawned again before excusing herself to the washroom for awhile. A few seconds later she came back with fresher look and took her seat opposite to Junho.

“So Eun-ah, I-“

“Oppa-”

Junho wanted to talk about the harsh treatment that So Eun got at school. He wanted to express how sorry he felt about it and he wanted to encourage her, hoping that it would make her feel better. But unexpectedly So Eun got something to say too and they both spoke at the same time.

“What is it, So Eun?” asked Junho, giving So Eun the chance to say first.

“Oppa, we’re already late. I have other things to do this evening so let’s not waste our time and quickly began our lesson,” she said.

Junho hold back what he initially wanted to say. He quickly put a smile on his face and answered, “That’s what I was gonna say too. Alright, let’s begin our lesson immediately then,”

 

Just like that, what he actually wanted to say remained unspoken.

That day’s subject was math, subject that So Eun weak at the most.  Junho gave detail explanations and example to So Eun about the topic. Then, he gave several questions for So Eun to answer by herself. So Eun performance on that day was quite good. She only made two-three mistakes and was able to answer tricky questions without Junho’s help. As Junho was evaluating and checking So Eun’s answers, So Eun scribbled and doodled boringly on her notebook. It was strange for Junho. Normally at times like this, So Eun would chat with him, asking about how his day was. Then their conversation would expand into some random things. But that day, why didn’t So Eun say anything?

“So Eun-ah, what are you drawing?” asked Junho, wanting to divert her attention to him.

So Eun stopped doodling immediately. She was surprised with the sudden question.

“Nothing,” she replied, closing her notebook.

As Junho continued checking So Eun answer, So Eun changed her attention to her pencil. She spun it on her fingers and then poked her hand gently with it. She was in her own world, playing and having fun by herself. Junho was uneasy. He hated it when So Eun’s attention wasn’t on him. He hated to know that So Eun was more interested to a pencil than seeing his face. He felt like breaking the pencil apart. It’s a disgrace that he, a smart Seoul’s Univeristy student, lost to such inanimate object. Junho couldn’t let this situation last any longer. He must steal back So Eun’s attention on him.

“So Eun-ah, today Oppa went through soooooo many things at university. Oppa has to rush here and there all day long. Aish. So tired.” He whined with a pout on his face.

“Jinja??” asked So Eun after listening to Junho’s complaint.

Junho smiled secretly in his heart. His plan worked. He got So Eun’s attention back. He smiled in victory.

“Mianhae Oppa. Looks like I have became a burden to you. You could’ve use this time to rest but you need to come here to tutor me instead. Mianhae. I promise to study hard and get good result. Then, I won’t need tutor anymore. Oppa will not have to come to see me and you will not have to feel tired anymore. Mianhae, Oppa. I promise to study 100 times even more harder,” she said. Her face turned gloomy.

Junho felt like being stabbed with a sword listening to what So Eun said. She has misunderstood. ‘No, it wasn’t like that, So Eun-ah! It wasn’t like that at all!’ He screamed in his heart.

He must quickly twist and recover the situation.

“So Eun-ah, next week 2PM is having fansigning event at our university. I am planning to go. Let’s come together with me,” said Junho excitedly.

Luckily there’s 2PM. He’s using them as bait since he knew So Eun loves 2PM so much. She has their picture in her book and her ringtone is 2PM song.

However, to be honest, Junho didn’t like those so-called beastly idols. He didn’t find anything attractive about them at all. The one he didn’t like the most was the main dancer of the group whose face looks like superstar Rain. What’s that dude name again? J-Juh..Jun..Joon..Ju-something. Whatever. There’s no need for him to remember that dude’s name anyway.

“Gwenchana. I’ll go with Minjung Unnie,” she answered reluctantly.

Junho bit his lips. His plans didn’t work. He blamed himself for acting coldly towards So Eun when she was explaining about her problem few days ago. He needed to make this up. He must find a way. He would find a way.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Two chapters in one update, happy now? Kekekeke~
Assignments, presentations and mid-term exams are queuing up so I won't be able to update for maybe about....3 weeks I think? Or maybe more =P

Don't worry Chapter 6 will woth your wait. It's not my favourite chapter for nothing ;) [hint: date n skinship]

 

 

Do drop some comments and subscribe if you still haven't. Enjoy reading and see you soon~~~~ (^^)