In My Mind

What is Love?

I see them together all the time now. Whenever I come around, Seungri will grab his hand or pull him into a hug. Trying to let me know that Jiyong is taken, I suppose. Ji seems pretty clueless about the whole situation. I don't see how, though, with Seungri always giving me the death glare.

"I love you, Jiyong!" Seungri happily exclaimed.

GD looked down, embarrassed and speechless. Daesung whispered something to YB and they both laughed. I pretended not to pay attention to what was happening and kept my head in my book, watching GD out of the corner of my eye.

It doesn't matter how close Ri keeps Jiyong to him. I see the look of yearning in Ji's eyes every time he looks at me. I see how guiltily he looks at Seungri after that. He's standing with Seungri, but his soul is calling for me. GD will always be my best friend. In my mind, he'll always belong to me and I to him. I'd do anything for him.

They had this really bad argument lately. I have no idea what about but, honestly, I couldn't care less. You should see their hostility towards each other. Every time one just enters the room the other looks ready to bite their head off. That's only with people around though. We all know that when they're alone or think they're alone, they cry. They cry and they beg the other to come back even if they aren't listening and they ask what they've done to deserve this.

It kills me to see Ji so torn up about someone like Seungri. He wasn't worth the time and tears. I've tried to talk to him, to comfort him, but he won't talk to me. He won't talk to anyone. I knew what I had to do and I hated myself for it but I knew it would help Ji so I was willing. Like I said, I'd do anything for him.

I barged into Seungri's room and he slowly looked up at me with death in his eyes. We just stared at each other until he finally walked up to me.

"I need to talk to you," I said.

He shrugged, "Talk then, but what could you possibly have to say to me? The only rational thing you can do is gloat. Just go ahead and rub in how much of an idiot I am for losing him,"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I had just gotten in here and he was already pissing me off. He pushed my chest.

"What are you waiting for? I know you want to mock me! To laugh at me!" he began laughing at himself.

I slapped his hand away from my chest and wrapped my hand aroun his throat.

"Look you bastard," I growled, "I would love to tell you how ing stupid you are if it wasn't for the fact that Ji was hurting too."

He scoffed and I squeezed tighter.

"If you care about him and know what's good for you, you'll make up with him. Y'all will get back together and never hurt each other again because if it happens a second time, I'm coming after you."

I used my other hand to flick him between the eyes. I also noticed that his face was beginning to turn a nice little shade of blue. I hadn't realized that I had been gradually tightening my grip on his throat. I guess I should wrap this up before I killed him.

"Do you understand what I'm saying to you?" I asked, stressing each syllable.

He nodded rapidly and tried to pry my hand from his throat. I released him and he fell to the ground gasping for air. He reminded me of a fish out of water. After his breathing had regulated, I grabbed him by the arm and led him to Ji's door. He shook his head, looking extremely unprepared. I didn't care. I could hear him silently sobbing. Jiyong's broken heart was going to be mended right now.

I softly tapped on the door, "Ji," I called his name and the sobbing stopped. "You need to talk to someone. Is that okay?"

The door unlocked. I opened it, pushed Seungri in, and closed it quickly behind him. He landed on the floor with a thud and I left. If they were really going to make up, I didn't want to be around for the aftermath. I sat on a barstool in the kitchen and just stared off into space. What had I done?

Someone poked my shoulder. I turned around and was greeted by Daesung. Knowing him, he probably saw that I was distressed and couldn't just leave me there. He stood there awkwardly for a moment and then held up a red bag to me.

"Chips?" he asked politely.

I shook my head no.

"Are you sure? They're ranch flavored,"

I stuck my hand in the bag and popped a couple of chips into my mouth. He smiled and sat on the stool next to me. He bit his lip and looked at me expectantly.

"Nothing," I told him.

"Liar..." he mumbled.

I sighed "What do you expect Daesung? The guy I loved is with someone else and that's the only person that could make him happy! When they had problems," I was babbling and he pressed his lips to mine but I continued talking, "I had to get them back together and that really hurts me because," he kissed me again "I have to see him" and again "with that idiot!"

This time when he kissed me, I didn't pull away. When we broke the kiss, he pulled away and smiled knowing that I had finally shut up.

"Better?" he asked

I nodded and grabbed his hand, taking him to my room.

And they say if you love something you've got to let it go

 And if it comes back then it means so much more

 But if it never does, at least you will know

 That it was something you had to go through to grow

 Maybe I didn't need to be with Jiyong so bad after all.

 

 

The italicized portion near the end comes from Heather Headley's song "In My Mind". Lots of Love