0.12 - Prologue

History Ex Libris

A calming quiet filled the room as Tao closed his test booklet. He glanced around at everyone and a small smirk appeared on his lips. Walking up to the front of the classroom, he handed the test in to the administrator and quietly made his way out of the room.

Permission to leave the school early after a test was usually never granted, unless something extraordinary was happening. Well, whether he wanted this to be something extraordinary or not was out of the question, but he would be performing at the Qingdao Arts Festival in front of officials and he had special permission to leave the school when needed. Since today was just a day before the festival, he left right after his first class.

Slashing through the thin air and kicking himself off the ground, Tao spun gracefully into the air and landed with a small thud, ending his performance routine. The people at the arts center wanted to choreograph his whole stage, but he refused to listen to them. Close contact with strangers was something he despised.

Being alone seemed to be the only solution to his problems, and because h would leave soon, building any kind of relationships was unquestionable. Of course, he talked to people, and communicated in some ways, but he shut himself out when it came to other things. His classmates didn’t seem to notice his ways of avoiding people, because they talked to him anyways, but he didn’t mind, as long as they didn’t come up again when he had to leave. Relationships were hard to break, and he didn’t want to break them the hard way.

________________________

A cold wind blasted through the room as Luhan opened the window from his room. He looked down into the city just below and sighed. He would need to go back down soon, or he would probably starve to death.

The hike to the city was nothing compared to the hike up to the top of the mountain, but he still hated going into town. Not one soul in the town seemed friendly enough for him to have a drawn out conversation with, and whenever he went into town, people would practically stare at him as if he were some unknown species.

He didn’t mind too much, but it still bothered him. He paid the butcher and left the store, going back into the chilly spring weather. Not having friends was a challenge to Luhan, since he was much more of a bubbly and talkative character, but it was a plus in some ways. He wouldn’t have to say goodbye to anything or anyone once the time came…that is, if it came at all.

________________________

Chen stared out the window from the inside of the small and cozy room filled with toys, books, and many other colorful things. As he watched the slight overcast in the sky, he could feel the electricity in the air. It was light and soft, but it was definitely there. There were many rainy days here and they sometimes made him wish that he was back at home, practicing with storms.

Making his way outside, he sighed as the small rays of sunlight casted through the clouds. There would be no storm today, which meant that he wouldn’t be able to do much, but he could still feel the zapping electricity rushing through the air. As he headed toward his house, he saw the small children playing outside of houses, waving to him as he passed. He cheerfully waved back to the little ones and finally smiled. At least he could spend his time with the small, joyous children tomorrow.

________________________

The city was roaring with life as Kris made his way across the road. He dodged a group of squealing girls who immediately averted their gazes at him as he passed and continued to the building just ahead. Kris made his way into the building and quickly boarded the elevator. He was running late, again.

Graduating from university just a year ago, he had gotten a job at the advertisement office as the manager since they were looking for young people with fresh minds, and it wasn’t too bad. He had to admit it was hectic and he didn’t get more than four hours of sleep a day, but it was better than sitting around like a crazy maniac, waiting for some kind of sign.

He rushed down the hallway and entered his spacious office, sighing at the time. Five minutes early. He the desktop and then pulled out his laptop, turning it on too, and then flipped open a project folder for a coke ad.

As he ran his fingers over the keys of the computer, he spotted the small book just at the corner of his desk. He’d been neglecting the book for about a year, just after he got this job. He didn’t have time for those childish stories anymore, but he missed them. The storied his mother used to tell him as a small kid were all in the small leather bound book. Shaking head, he focused back onto the computer in front of him. He would patiently wait.

________________________

Xiumin rummaged through his pockets and finally found the pick. It was silver with gold designs. It was faded and old, but it was his lucky pick. He settled down on the small chair that was set in front of the mass of children who were watching him with curious eyes and a small smile. Placing his fingers over the strings to form the first chord he in a breath and let himself drown in his own music.

The old woman in front of him waved as he retreated his steps. He needed to head to work now, but he was reluctant to go. The small children all waved to him also as he pushed open the gate and headed in the direction of his home. He would drop off his guitar and then make his way to work.

Work was boring but short for him. He only held a four hour part-time spot because he had a passion for playing his guitar and he loved to be at the orphanage. As he headed into the industrial part of town, he could see the moon rising. Again, the small glint of hope disappeared just as the day had gone by too quickly and uneventfully. Maybe it would be more eventful tomorrow.

________________________

The sun was high in the sky and a light breeze shifted Lay’s hair as he lay in the back of the road cruiser and watched as a crocodile picked its way out of the water and turn to him. He didn’t move and he called the boys in the front to be quiet and they immediately complied. The crocodile stared at the road cruiser for just a short while and then proceeded across the grass into yet another stretch of water.

Lay felt his shoulders relax and he let out a sigh of relief. Gaining attention from a wild animal was never a good idea and he wanted to avoid having to use his powers as much as he could. He sat up and admired the lush landscape before climbing back into the driver’s seat and starting the engine.

Once he was back at the reserve building he attacked a couch and closed his eyes as his co-workers goofed around. Something about today had seemed different, but nothing had happened so far. He had always expected something sudden, but yet there was nothing. Laying his arm over his eyes, he dozed off into a dreamless nap.

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

OMGee, I have like 19 subscribers or something! Yay, I totally love all of your guys, so freaking much!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm really grateful to Navi for promoting this fic on her own fic, thank you so much Navi!!!!!!!!!!!

kekeke~ Awws at this couple, they're so cute! And I love Xiumin's expression!

And Chen is just so precious!!!!!

 

History Ex Libris 2012 ©