0.6 - Prologue

History Ex Libris

A small, swirling gust of wind stirred the sand that Sehun stepped in as he walked out into the desert. The sun was high in the sky as usual and a slight breeze was picking up from the east. A storm would come soon. He turned from the sun and started to make his way into town. He was running out of supplies in his small compartment.

Three bunches of grapes, three tanks of water, some figs, and a few fish were all he brought back. He kept little amounts in his compartment. If and when he needed to leave quickly, then there wouldn't be too much to leave behind. Those were his principles: don't make close friends, never have too much, and always be aware of the signs. He would have to leave soon and being attached just didn't seem to be the best way to leave things behind.

________________________

Kai lifted his head from the desk when his name was called. The teacher looked angry and his classmates were trying their hardest not to laugh. He must've been called to answer a question.

"Sleeping in class again, Kai? That's it. You're staying after school to clean the bathrooms." Mrs. Hwang, his teacher scolded.

Cleaning the bathrooms was one of the harsher punishments. Kai had to do it once before, but the high school bathrooms were a pain. Even scrubbing the freshly written graffiti was hard work for him. The boy behind him who was also caught sleeping in class was letting out a frustrated sigh.

"This . I should've gone to sleep last night." the boy complained.

"Yea." Kai replied with a smirk.

Although he knew his time here would be short, he couldn't help but smile. Who cared if he made friends? Who cared if he got in trouble? Who cared if he was stuffing himself with random things? That was his plan. He would enjoy everything while he could and so far, he felt as if none of his time spent here had been wasted at all. After all, he was just sitting around and not doing anything.

________________________

The lights from a nearby building caught Baekhyun's eyes as he crossed the street. It was the fashion complex and they were holding a small show there. He pursed his lips and then entered the apartment complex in which he lived. Three flights of stairs took him to his spacious apartment. Two rooms and a bathroom, a kitchen, living room, and a large glass window was what awaited him, along with the furniture and a lot of other stuff, mainly for decoration.

A smile filled his lips as Baekhyun looked out into the skyline. The lights that flashed and the tall lighted triangular shape was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen, even though he had lived there for a while.

Sitting down on the couch, he the TV and sat back to enjoy some sparkling water. When a familiar face popped up, he smiled. It was his longtime friend, Jean. They'd known each other for three years and in that time, Jean had grown to become a successful designer. His work was being displayed at the fashion show just across the street. He would cherish this friend even when he would no longer be here. He knew he didn't have much time left, but Baekhyun refused to let these things slip by. He would enjoy the small pleasures of life here.

________________________

Chanyeol looked up at the professor in front of him and made a few notes in his notebook. The seminar would be over soon and he was completely looking forward to getting out and having fun with his friends. As the professor pushed up his thick glasses, he smiled to the students.

“And that’ll be all for today, have a great weekend.”

Shoving his books into his bag and waving to a couple of friends off on the other side of the campus, he made his way to his peculiar choice of transportation; his bike. Swinging his leg over the seat, he slowly took off for the traffic just ahead. He would go home and get ready for a free night out with some of his friends.

Taking a swing of the liquor, Chanyeol scoffed at one of his stumbling friends and grinned. He tossed his arm around another friend who happened to be a girl and flashed her one of his heart-melting smiles. It wasn’t as if anyone told him what to do, so Chanyeol always found stuff to do. He drank and went out with his friends, but he never did anything stupid. He danced and partied with some girls, but he never went home with them. He was never reckless, just looking for fun and if no one was stopping him, then he would keep on keeping on. After all, his time was limited and he didn’t want to miss out on anything.

________________________

The strange smell of food, car exhaust, and cigarettes filled up D.O’s sinuses as he stepped out into the streets of New York. The morning traffic was tremendous and the workers rushing about everywhere, spilling their coffee and cursing as it landed on their shoes was exhausting. Although he was used to it, today was just not a good day.

He took a sharp turn and descended the steps to the subway. D.O took the same route every day from his small but luxurious apartment to the subway, to his morning classes at NYU, back to the subway, stopping for lunch with his girlfriend, taking a cab to work, back to the subway, and then home again. It was the same routine every day, but he didn’t mind it.

As he stalked onto the campus of NYU, he stopped to share a few words with some friends and then rushed into his seminar only to be held back a few more minutes by his girlfriend. The day went by drowsily as he finished up the seminar and cursed as he was running late for work. Instead of taking the subway, he hollered for a cab.

A sharp pain drummed his head as he practically fell onto his bed and closed his eyes. A hand s its way up his arm and he opened his eyes to see his girlfriend with a blinding smile. Sharing a small kiss, he looked out the window and sighed; still no sign.

________________________

The sea green water lapped over his ankles as Suho walked along the beautiful coast. Today was a day off and he decided to enjoy it alone at the beach. A small crab made its way toward him and he smiled, picking the small creature up. If a human tried to do this, they would’ve surely gotten pinched, but for some reason, sea animals loved him. He put the small crab down just as the waves rode up to his ankles again.

“Suho!” a familiar voice called. He looked up to see the aquarium’s manager, running up to him from the aquarium just off the beach.

“It’s today.” And Suho knew exactly what he meant.

As he sat by the fenced off area, he could see the ground begin to squirm. And then, a very small and fragile head popped up from the sand and then another one to its right and more all around. A wide grin appeared on Suho’s face as he the flashlight, helping to guide the baby turtles to the sea.

This was what he did. He loved water, and water loved him. He couldn’t help himself but to try to do something helpful here, and so he did. A few close friends and a healthy, human life wouldn’t hurt him later on. And he knew the consequences more than any other person, but he liked it that way. He liked having something to hold on to while he could.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey whoever is reading...at least I hope someone's reading
I'm luv and no, this isn't my first fanfic, but it's the first fantasy fanfic I'm writing.
It's my first time so please bare with me if anything sounds awkward.
I would also like to tell you that comments are welcome and I will love you forever if you subscribe! :)

Here's some of me spazzing about my newfound OTP, Kaistal

.

And a bonus of Kyungsoo for ya, just because he's my double bias, along with Xiumin :D

 

 

History Ex Libris 2012 ©