CHAPTER FIVE

Nihongo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PS: OK, since the previous chapter was really y, here's another chapter, which I think is better, to make up for it.

 

 

The day finally arrived. The day that will openly test their ability to converse in Japanese with real Japanese people.

  The boys were silent that morning. Most probably because they were too tense as they prepared themselves to face their schedule today: appearing on Music Station.

  They followed Taemin’s advice and drew lots to see who would talk with the hosts. Minho gave a huge sigh of relief when it was Onew and Jonghyun’s turn.

  Key shook his head sadly at his friend’s behaviour. “You do know that eventually it’s going to be your turn? And that eventually you have to speak during the concert tour?”

  Minho stared back at him, stunned. “Oh, crap.”

  SHINee was on their way to the broadcast station when their manager informed them that KARA would also be there.

  “Really?” Jonghyun asked, surprised. “Why didn’t they tell us earlier?”

  Key piped up from the back seat. “Oh yeah! They do have that new single out. Speed up, won’t cha? Speed up, won’t cha? Speed up, speed up, speed up…”

  “Oh no!” Jonghyun suddenly exclaimed. “Their Japanese is waaay better! We’ll be humiliated!”

  Onew groaned along with him. “Come on, let’s practice while we still can.”

  Minho found it odd that instead of joining in the panicky fuss, Taemin next to him was smiling to himself and staring off into a distance. When he looked closer, he noticed that the maknae was actually… pink in the face.

  “Taeminnie,” he called, breaking the younger member’s thoughts. “Why are you smiling like a loon? And are you blushing?”

  Taemin’s smile didn’t disappear when he turned to Minho. “Nothing. I just… remembered something… exciting.”

  Minho frowned at him suspiciously. ‘He was… normal a second ago – before KARA came up in our conversation. It must have something to do with those girls,’ Minho concluded.

  “You… can’t wait to see KARA, can you?” Minho asked him quietly and teasingly. He expected the younger boy to deny the allegations strongly. At least look embarrassed.

  Instead, Taemin just chuckled softly and returned to looking out the window.

  Angry that he was being ignored, he scolded, “Yah, Taeminnie. What is it you’re not telling me?”

  “Nothing, hyung,” Taemin told him with that sweet (and secretive, in Minho’s evil opinion) smile of his.

  Minho just growled, giving up and turning to Key on his right for a last-minute Japanese lesson.

 

---------------

Key was already on his hunt for the KARA members as soon as the boys set foot in the studio. He didn’t have to look far because on the way to their dressing room, he saw a glimpse of the girls entering theirs.

  “Ah! I see them!” he told the others excitedly. “Nicole ah! Over here!”

  Nicole perked up at her name being called and saw the bouncing Key on the other end of the hallway. She let out a delightful scream and limped to where the boys were.

  Taemin was disappointed to see that Jiyoung didn’t follow her here, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter