Can't Have You [[four]]

Main Story: Can't Have You // Subin's Side Story: Pushin' Me Away

 

Around 9pm the doorbell to my house rang.  My mom and I looked at each other since we weren't expecting any company.  I got up and when I opened the door a giant cake was in front of my face.  Behind the cake was... Kim Minjoo.
 
 
"What's with the cake?"
 
 
"Hello to you too."
 
 
I let her inside my house.  After greeting my parents, we went to the kitchen.  "It's my apology for leaving you today."
 
 
"I already told you, it's okay."
 
 
She started picking at the cake.  "And... for leaving you tomorrow..."
 
 
It took a second for it to process in my head.  Minjoo knew that I hated girls who ditched their friends for their boyfriends.  We even made a promise to never let that happen between us... I stared at her for a while...
 
 
"You see... we kissed...."
 
 
This was not like Minjoo at all.  "You guys just met yesterday!"
 
 
Minjoo just shrugged.  "But everything feels so right!"
 
 
I laughed, even though a part of me was worried. Lee Seunghyun... can I trust this guy to take care of my best friend?  "Just try not to keep putting me second.  I'm the one who's been here for you through everything.  You just met Seunghyun, don't end up getting hurt."
 
 
"I won't!  And I promise that tomorrow will be the last day that I'm going to leave you!"
 
 
"Whatever, lets just eat."  I know that Minjoo will want to spend a lot of time with her new boyfriend.  I don't mind it since I know Minjoo will not leave me for him, but... a part of me worried for her.  Moving this fast in a relationship can;t be good...
 
 
"So, what did you end up doing after school?  Did you do anything?  Did you just go home?"
 
 
"Yeah... sure..."
 
 
"Aww, I'm sorry."
 
 
"Stop saying sorry so much!  It wasn't too bad.  It was good getting away from you for once."  I laughed as I shoved a forkful of cake into Minjoo's mouth.  I got up to get some milk from the refrigerator.  It was my way of ignoring the subject by keeping her distracted...  For some reason, I wasn't ready to tell her what had happened... not yet...
 
----------
 
The next day it was really hard to wake up.  Since the weather was so gloomy outside there was no sunlight shining in through the windows.  I wanted to sleep in.  But of course, being a student will not allow me to do that.
 
 
As soon as i stepped foot out of my apartment building it started to pour.  I had forgotten to pack an umbrella.  I live on the 13th floor and I didn't want to go back inside so I just headed for the bus stop... RAN to the bus stop.
 
 
My school uniform was fine from the run from my house to the bus but, the run from the bus stop to the school got me drenched.
 
 
"Are you crazy Choi Hayoung??"  Minjoo came running up to me, helping me dry out my hair.  I just smiled at her.  Being out in the rain was fun.  I loved the rain.
 
 
With my teacher's permission I was allowed to wear my PE uniform for the rest of the day.  My school uniform was left in the teachers lounge to dry.
 
 
Throughout the school day I noticed little changed about Minjoo.  She would text Seunghyun more during class than with me.  Almost everything that came out of was related to him.  I don't know if I was more jealous or annoyed.
 
 
During lunch time I was going to tell Minjoo about Jinwoo but, I never got the chance.  Minjoo talked non stop.  I sat there with a smile on my face taking in her every word.  It's only been two days, yet she had so much to talk about...
 
 
When the last bell rang, I let out a sigh... I still hadn't told Minjoo about yesterday's incident with Jinwoo.  I was starting to feel a little guilty.  But, I guess it wasn't that important... it could wait for another day.
 
 
After school Seunghyun came to pick up Minjoo again.  I looked at him suspiciously.  He's Jinwoo's friend... maybe I should ask Jinwoo about him.  I forced on a smile as I waved bye to the two of them walking off.  I went to the teachers lounge and since my uniform was dry, I changed back into it. 
 
 
The weather must have something against me today... During class, the sun had come out and the weather had cleared.  But now, as soon as I started walking out of the school gates, the sky started turning gray again.
 
 
In fear of getting soaked again I walked inside the PC cafe that was across from our school.
 
 
I sat down at a computer in the back of the place and decided to go on my minihompy.  As I was replying back to the comments on my guestbook, the person next to me spoke.  "Your clothes smell."
 
 
To my right was... Baek Jinwoo.  I seem to be seeing him a lot lately.  Or was it always like this?  Are we just noticing each other a lot more because we 'met' each other through the blind date?
 
 
This was my chance... "Lee Seunghyun... he's your friend, right?"
 
 
Jinwoo nodded.
 
 
"What kind of a guy is he?"
 
 
He gave me a weird lok before responding. "Why do you want to know?"
 
 
"Because my friend, Minjoo, remember her?  They're dating now."
 
 
"It's not really any of your business to ask about him then, is it... you smell too much."  As if disgusted, he got up from his seat.  He moved to a different computer near the other side of the room.  What a jerk!
 
 
Feeling a little self conscious I sniffed my shirt.  He was right.  The smell was pretty bad.  I guess while my shirt was drying the smell of rain water and the school smell mixed onto my clothes.
 
 
I didn't want to leave in the rain, so I decided to just stay until the rain stopped.  It's not like anyone was around me and it's not like I needed to impress anyone.  I could just wash my uniform when I got home...
 
 
About 20 minutes later I was really into my game of tetris when I heard a voice next to me.  "You really at this game."
 
 
I jumped in surprise at the sudden voice causing me to push the wrong key and end my game.  I looked over, irritated.  It was Jinwoo... back in his original seat.  When did he sit back down here again?
 
 
"Here, you might need this."  He handed me a black hoodie.
 
 
"Why are you giving me this?"
 
 
He got up from his chair.  "Cover yourself with it when you go home so that your don't get wet."
 
 
He walked off and headed for the exit.  Why was he being nice to me?
 
 
"Hey wait!"  He just kept on walking...
 
 
I caught up to him and handed him back his hoodie.  "I don't need this.  You take it.  It's still raining."
 
 
"I live near here so I won't be in the rain for long.  Just take it as a thank you for helping me out yesterday.  Anyways, I hate the rain so I'm going to go.  Bye.  Oh... and tell your friend to be careful around Seunghyun."
 
 
Before I could say anything, he ran off.  He either really did hate the rain or he ran off purposely to avoid me.  I tried running after him, but the owner of the PC cafe wouldn't let me leave until I had paid and by then, it was too late...
 
 
Jinwoo's hoodie helped the upper half of my body stay somewhat dry, but the rest of my body still got soaked.  As soon as I got home I took a shower and put all the wet clothes into the washer.  I'll give the hoodie back to Jinwoo tomorrow.  I needed to find out more about Lee Seunghyun...