Can't Have You [[two]]

Main Story: Can't Have You // Subin's Side Story: Pushin' Me Away

 

"Hey! Choi Hayoung!  Why did you ignore all my phone calls yesterday?  You didn't even call me back!  Were you having that much fun with Jinw--"  I covered up Minjoo's mouth before she could finish saying his name.
 
 
I glared at her.  "How was your date with Lee Seunghyun?"
 
 
"Don't change the subject on me.  Did you like him?"
 
 
"No. Well... I wouldn't know."
 
 
Minjoo gave me a confused look.  "What do you mean?"
 
 
"He was in the same situation as me.  He got forced to go on that blind date.  So... nothing happened."
 
 
"So you guys just separated as soon as you left?"  I nodded.
 
 
"Boring~ That's no fun."  I gave Minjoo my angry stare.
 
 
"This is why you don't drag me to do stupid crap like that.  Next time, go on your own!"
 
 
Minjoo rolled her eyes at me.  "Whatever."
 
 
The whole morning I pretended to be mad at Minjoo and ignored her.  I was actually trying to just avoid talking about the blind date in case anyone over heard the conversation.  In the midst of ignoring Minjoo, I was actually paying attention in class.  I was so worked up on copying all the notes down that I didn't even hear the lunch bell ringing.
 
 
"Since when did Choi Hayoung focus so hard on school work?"  I looked up to see an almost empty classroom.
 
 
"Tch.  Shut up."
 
 
Minjoo smiled at me and started pulling on my arm.  "Come on Hayoung~ Stop being so angry.  I'll buy you your lunch today!"
 
 
I got up smiling.  Kim Minjoo, my best friend...  I could never stay mad at her for long.  The two of us headed down to the cafeteria arm-in-arm.
 
 
It's weird.  The first person I noticed as soon as I entered the cafeteria is Baek Jinwoo.  I don't know what Minjoo was talking about yesterday, he looks exactly the same in his school uniform as he does in regular clothes...
 
 
Minjoo and I got in line and got our food.  As we were looking for a place to sit down, I was disappointed to find that the only empty seats were at the end of the table where Kim Yuri was sitting at.
 

Kim Yuri is the biggest at Hwasung High.  She thinks she's little miss perfect and thinks she owns everyone at the school just because her dad is the principal.
 
 
Minjoo and I gave each other bitter looks as we sat down.
 
 
"Um... excuse me, who said you guys can sit here?" I rolled my eyes.  I should have seen this coming.
 
 
Minjoo spoke up.  "We're not sitting at your end of the table.  We're sitting at this end, way~ over here.  So, it shouldn't matter."
 
 
"It's still the same table as mine.  What makes you think that you're worthy of sitting at the same table as me?"
 
 
I got up from my seat and Minjoo kept pulling on my arm to try and get me to stop, but of course... I didn't.  "Kim Yuri, you're no different from me or anyone else here.  There's no other seats available except here.  Just because your dad is the principal of this school, it doesn't give you the right to be a .  Stop being an embarrassment to your dad."
 
 
Yuri glared at me as she started walking towards me.  Right then Baek Jinwoo came in between us, facing Yuri.  "Stop being annoying."
 
 
He then turned around to face me.  He picked up Minjoo and my food trays and put them both at the table where he was sitting.  "I'm done eating, so you guys can just eat here."
 
 
"Everything's settled then, right?"  Jinwoo gave a cold stare towards Yuri.
 
 
She smiled sweetly at him.  "Yeah, thanks Jinwoo!"
 
 
"Don't ing say my name as if we're close."
 
 
The look on Yuri's face was priceless after hearing Jinwoo say those words to her.  I was suprised that she didn't retaliate back at him.
 
 
Minjoo and I sat down at Jinwoo's old table and began eating.  She kept smiling at me.
 
 
"Why the heck are you smiling like that?  You're creeping me out."
 
 
"It seems Baek Jinwoo has an interest in you... helping you and all..."
 
 
I almost choked my food as I was swallowing.  "You're stupid Kim Minjoo.  He was probably just annoyed by Yuri like he said... I mean, who wouldn't be.  And I told you, we didn't even talk to each other yesterday... he can't like me."
 
 
"Whatever~" She was still smiling...
 
 
"Just shut up and eat your food!"