Can't Have You [[three]]

Main Story: Can't Have You // Subin's Side Story: Pushin' Me Away

 

"I wonder why Yuri was so nice to Jinwoo... she's a to everyone else."  Minjoo and I were now heading back to class after lunch.
 
 
"It's obvious."  I stared at Minjoo cluelessly.
 
 
"You're so dumb sometimes Hayoung.  It's because she likes him!  She probably wants to make a good impression in front of him or something."
 
 
I laughed out loud.  "HA HA HA.  Wow... Kim Yuri is stupid as hell.  Everyone already knows her dirty personality.  Why would anyone like a girl who's fake around them??"
 
 
Minjoo looked at me with one eyebrow raised.  "Why are you getting so worked up for?"
 
 
"I don't know.  She just makes me so.... angry~"  Minjoo laughed at me and in the end, I started laughing too.
 
 
The rest of the school day passed by quickly with the usual routine of Minjoo and me texting each other while the teacher wasn't looking.  After school I waited to hang out with Minjoo, but...
 
 
"Is that Lee Seunghyun??"  I looked over at Minjoo who had a guilty look on her face.
 
 
"Y-yeah... we decided to start dating..."  She was avoiding my eyes.
 
 
"Why haven't you told me all day??  And yesterday, you seemed disappointed that you didn't pick Jinwoo so I thought you weren't interested in Seunghyun."
 
 
"Yeah... but the more we talked the more his personality grew on me.  He's really funny~"  Typical boy crazy Minjoo...
 
 
"Alright... go... have fun!"
 
 
Minjoo looked at me with uncertainty.  "You're not mad?"
 
 
"Why would I be mad? The whole purpose of the blind date was to find someone.  So, go work your magic and don't screw things up with him~"
 
 
Minjoo gave me a big hug.  "You're the best Choi Hayoung!"
 
 
"Yeah, yeah... whatever."  I waved bye to the two of them as they walked out of Hwasung High grounds.
 
 
This is the first time I'm going home by myself in a really long time.  I suddenly felt really... lonely...
 
 
As I walked out of the school gates, a really pretty unnie caught my attention.  She was wearing a short y mini skirt, a really right ruffly blouse that showed off her curves, and a bit too much makeup for the daytime in my opinion... but her beauty still shined through.  I wonder what she's doing here at Hwasung...
 
 
All of a sudden... "Jinwoo, baby~"  The pretty unnie was calling out Jinwoo's name... Baek Jinwoo...???
 
 
I looked behind me and saw Jinwoo looking very annoyed.  As if he didn't hear her, he started walking away... towards my direction.  Our eyes met for a split second, but I immediately turned away.  That is not any of my business.
 
 
But, as I started walking away I suddenly felt an arm around my shoulders.  I looked up to see Baek Jinwoo.
 
 
He lowered his head a bit so that his mouth was near my ear, then in a whisper he said, "Since I helped you out earlier, help me out now.  Just play along with me."
 
 
I nodded my head okay.  Damn, why the heck is my heart pounding so crazily?
 
 
Jinwoo started pulling me away with him from the school when suddenly the pretty unnie stood in our way.  I immediately started looking at the ground.  I hated being put in awkward situations.
 
 
"Jinwoo... didn't you hear me calling your name?"
 

"What the hell are you doing here?  I thought we were done.  Get lost."
 
 
"But... I mean... we both said a lot of things that we didn't mean that other night...  We were both really angry..."
 
 
Jinwoo stared at her with cold eyes.  "I meant everything I said that night."
 
 
I could see the tears forming in the unnie's eyes.  I hated being in the middle of this.  How could she talk so freely to Jinwoo as he had his arms around another girl?  Why did it have to be me in the middle of their love fight?  I shouldn't have stopped and have just kept walking... stupid Hayoung...
 
 
Jinwoo started walking away... stringing me long.  Suddenly the unnie grabbed my wrist.  Shocked, I froze in place.  Jinwoo noticed why I had stopped and pulled me away from her.
 
 
"Don't touch my girlfriend."  He grabbed my hand and started pulling me away.  Everything around me was spinning and my heart was racing like crazy.  What the hell is wrong with me??
 
 
Once I was finally able to come to my senses, I realized that Jinwoo and I had walked quite a distance away from our school.  He was still holding onto my hand.  I looked behind me... for some reason, I felt like the unnie would chase after us, but she didn't.
 

We ended up in Hongdae, where all the college students hang out at night time.  He stopped in front of a bar and let go of my hand then.
 
 
"Uh... you know this place is closed at this time, right?"
 
 
He ignored me and took out his keys.  He unlocked the doors to Sound Bar.
 
 
"Do your parents own this place or something?"
 

"No."  That's all he said as he walked in and all the lights.
 
 
Inside the bar was pretty amazing.  From the outside the place didn't look so big, but in the inside there was a big stage and a bunch of glass tables all around with a big bar in the back.
 
 
"Do people perform on that stage every night?"
 
 
"I guess."
 
 
"Do celebrities ever perform here?"
 
 
"Maybe if there's an event."  This guy at keeping a conversation going...
 
 
"What are you doing here?"  It felt weird being inside a big empty bar alone with Jinwoo.
 
 
"I work here.  I'm about to set up to open.  Do you want to stay and help?"
 
 
"Aren't you too young to be working at a bar?  How did you get the job?"
 
 
"You staying or not?  If you don't want to stay, then leave."
 
 
What a jerk... how can so many girls like him??  "I'll leave.  Have fun... bye."
 
 
"Go home safely Choi Hayoung."  I'm surprised he's saying bye back.  What's his deal?  He's okay one minute then a complete jerk the next...
 
 
As soon as I walked out of Sound Bar I began to get really bothered.  It was hard trying to figure out Baek Jinwoo.  Then I realized that he never thanked me for helping him out!  Putting me in an awkward situation like that... pretending to be his girlfriend... I was about to walk back inside when I realized that I never thanked him either, for helping me in the cafeteria... I guess we were even.  But, I was still really bothered by Baek Jinwoo...