Can't Have You [[one]]

Main Story: Can't Have You // Subin's Side Story: Pushin' Me Away

 

How humiliating.  Why am I being dragged by Minjoo?  Why do I have to go through with this? Why am I wearing a skirt?! I hate skirts! The only skirt I wear is the stupid school uniform one.
 
 
This is all Kim Minjoo's fault.  I glared at her as she opened the doors to Orange Cafe.
 
 
"Oh, come on Hayoung. Smile! Please~" She stared at me with her puppy dog face.  I groaned loudly.
 
 
"You're disgusting Kim Minjoo."  All she did was laugh.
 
 
I followed behind Minjoo to two guys sitting inside a booth.  Well... at least they were good looking.  I sat down bitterly after Minjoo as the guy with the short hair spoke up.
 
 
"My name is Lee Seunghyun and this is Baek Jinwoo."
 
 
Suddenly Minjoo's face lit up.  "Baek Jinwoo?  Wow, I couldn't recognize you without your school uniform on.  I'm Kim Minjoo and this is Choi Hayoung.  We both go to HwaSung High too."
 
 
At this point I wanted to go hide in the bathroom.  This is even more embarrassing... being on a blind date with someone from school.  I shot Minjoo a dirty glare, but that just made her pinch me on my thigh...
 
 
Throughout the whole meeting, the only ones really talking were Seunghyun and Minjoo.  I wasn't in the mood to be talkative and Jinwoo just seemed like the quiet type.
 
 
After about an hour, we decided to partner up.  Usually the girls leave an item on the table and the guys choose, but we decided to do it the opposite way... Minjoo's idea.  So Minjoo and i closed our eyes.  When we reopened them, there was a watch and a necklace on the table.
 
 
I'm not much of a watch person so I grabbed the necklace before Minjoo made her move.  Baek Jinwoo looked at me.  The necklace was obviously his.  I could see the disappointment in Minjoo's eyes.  Greedy girl... she seemed to hit it off with Seunghyun... yet she still wanted Jinwoo.  What a fickle girl...
 
 
Without a word, Jinwoo suddenly got up.  Seunghyun eyed me to do the same so I was forced to stand up too.  Before walking out, Jinwoo stopped at the front desk.
 
 
"The four orange juices."  Wow, I was impressed by his manners.  He didn't seem like the type...
 
 
As soon as we walked out Jinwoo looked at me.  "Look, I was forced into this blind date today.  I didn't even want to come here."
 
 
"That makes two of us.  Minjoo had to drag me to come here."
 
 
"Good.  Then... since we both had no interest in the blind date from the start, then I see no reason for us to continue on.  It was nice meeting you Choi Hayoung."  Without even waiting for my response, he started walking away.
 
 
I stood there for a second, a little taken aback and processing what just happened.  It's true that neither of us wanted this but... isn't this just a little... rude??
 
 
I started walking after him.  "Hey, wait!"
 
 
He stopped walking and turned around.  I had to make sure... "Can you do me a favor?"
 
 
He just stared at me so I continued.  "Can you keep this blind date a secret?  Or... just don't tell anyone at school."
 
 
He smirked.  "Do I seem like the type who goes around telling everyone my business?  Like I said... I had no intention of coming on this blind date in the first place."
 
 
He walked off again without waiting for my response. He could have at least offered to take me home... I guess his manners aren't that great...
 
 
Even though this is what I wanted, to be free from the blind date... this is not how I expected it to end.  I was a bit... disappointed? No... I was just pissed off.  On the whole bus ride home I kept muttering to myself what a jerk Kim Minjoo and Baek Jinwoo were...