22. It's Time

My Stubborn Little Prince

 

Luhan stuffed his last bag under the bed and sighed. Kris was coming in for dorm inspections, and Luhan had overslept. He was about to turn around when another bag popped out from the other end of the bed. “Oh, geez,” Luhan muttered, as he went to fix it.

He tried shoving it back in, but it didn’t budge. He groaned and decided to empty the bag into his trunk. He threw a dirty shirt into the trunk, a half-done packet of mint gum, a slip of coupons to a bubble tea cafe, a bottle of lotion, an old phone case, and then he reached in, again, and pulled out a Rubix cube.

He stared at it for a moment. It was the one Sehun had bought him. He felt his cheeks get hot, and his eyes get teary. He immediately rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. Why was he crying in the first place?

Luhan sighed, examining the cube. He began to solve it, every move was involuntary, and he finished it just over thirty seconds. He heaved a close sob, remembering that he solved it every afternoon, once or twice by himself and then Sehun would ask Luhan to show him. Sehun almost got it one time, but then he flipped the wrong side and it all got mixed up again. 

The corner of Luhan’s lips curved up a little, as his sight got blurry with tears. He sighed and wiped away the tears. He stuffed the cube into his pocket and dug deeper into the bag. He found a SD card and frowned. What was this? He tugged out his laptop and slipped the SD card in. The file appeared on the screen and he clicked on the latest one.

It was a video of Sehun and Suho in their room being silly and goofing off. This was supposed to be a thank-you and promotion video for their album MAMA. As he clicked play, Suho’s face appeared right in the camera, nearly scaring Luhan half to death. 

“Is this thing on? Oh, okay, it is. Ready, Sehun?” asked Suho, turning his head to see Sehun behind him.

Sehun was sitting indian-style and he gave a thumbs up. “Yup!”

Suho handed Sehun a purple mushroom-style wig and a large mustache. Sehun beamed, sliding the wig over his gorgeous brunette hair, and slapped the mustache under his nose. He looked a bit strange, and he just laughed when he saw his reflection in the mirror.

“Annyeong, EXOtics! It’s me, Suho, the leader of EXO-K,” Suho cheerfully said.

Sehun crawled up to the camera, fixing the fake wig’s bangs in the camera reflection. “Ah, annyeong haseyo, I’m EXO-K’s maknae, Sehun!” Sehun said, once Suho slapped Sehun’s leg lightly.

Luhan smiled, chuckling to himself a little. How awkward this boy was, yet he was...a bit adorable in his eyes.

“Well, EXO has been quite busy with schedules, and we haven’t really gotten the time to actually speak to our lovely fans. I’ll be starting off with some thank you’s, the first one going to my family, who have been supporting me from the start,” Suho began.

Then it was Sehun’s turn. “Um, well, I’ve really be grateful for everything you guys do; my family, friends, fans–everyone, I just want to tell you that I love you guys a lot. Thank you for the encouragement~”

Suho said another thank you to his fans and then he moved on to the upcoming schedules that later week. Sehun was fiddling with his mustache, and Suho finished his speech.

“Okay, well, that’s it for now. I promise we’ll talk again later on. Sehun, is there anything else you want to say?”

Sehun looked up into the camera. “Saranghae, Rubix cube cheonsa!” he mouthed, just subtly.

Only Luhan knew what he was saying. Luhan remembered that when they were dating, he’d always call Luhan that, but this was before they started dating..

“Anyway....annyeong!” Suho smiled and then left the camera’s view.

Luhan shut the laptop and sighed contentedly, closing his eyes.

“I know you still love him.”

Luhan looked up, startled by the voice. Kris stood at the doorway, arms folded and head tilted. “Don’t make him feel so guilty, Luhan-ah. He’s been so depressed lately,” Kris added.

Luhan bit his lower lip. “What if you’re wrong..?” Luhan asked, quietly.

“Are you kidding? He’s been moping around whenever you’re not here. He even talks to Suho about it.”

Luhan stared at the ejected SD card and then he pulled the Rubix cube out of his pocket. “Oh god...” he murmured. He hurriedly pulled a jacket over his shoulders and rushed out of the room, past Kris. He ran to EXO-K’s dorm rooms, checking every single room, but they were empty.

Luhan nearly flew to the kitchen, and lounge. No Sehun. He checked the whole house, and then ran to the door, shoving his foot into his shoes. He dashed outside, running down the sidewalk. He ran and ran, and he kept running. He flung the door open to the bubble tea cafe, the bell tinkling over his head. He looked around, and spotted Sehun at a table, sitting across from Suho.

Luhan went over and stood right in front of both of them. “L-Luhan?” Sehun asked, in disbelief. He stood up, staring at Luhan. “Why are you...here?”

Luhan couldn’t hold it in any longer, and just began crying as he stood there. He felt absolutely pathetic, like a lost child. “I-I missed you, H-Hunnie..” Luhan choked out.

“I love you!” Luhan cried, bursting into a final wave of tears.

Sehun’s eyes widened, as he kicked his chair back and quickly grabbed Luhan into a hug. “I only want to be w-with you!” Luhan sobbed.

Sehun Luhan’s hair, his heart racing as he pressed Luhan into his chest, feeling that same comfort like before. “You’ll only be mine,” Sehun whispered into Luhan’s ear.

As the words and Sehun’s familiar hot breath brush against his skin, he felt suddenly warm inside. He loved Sehun, and he was an idiot for letting their love go for something stupid.