16. I'm Sleepy

My Stubborn Little Prince

“Sehun?! Seriously?!?!” Kai cried.

Xiumin slapped a hand over Kai’s mouth. “Shush! They’re, like, right there!”

Kai nodded, and then sighed. “Woah...so...” Kai trailed off, blinking at Xiumin.

“That explains why I never see Luhan when I come to bed,” Xiumin said, tapping his chin.

“That’s why Sehun is never there for our scary story nights..hehe, Tao never can stand those..” Kai said, giggling at his own thought.

Xiumin just stared at him.

“Kai...I think they’re of in some sort of a relationship...”

✭✩✭✩✭✩

So for the whole week, Xiumin and Kai kept their new finding a total secret and stalked the two boys once again. This time, they went out to a shopping plaza. It was already completely dark, and most shops were about to close. Only the dim light of stringed lights hung across the signs of buildings lit their way.

Tonight, Luhan was tired. He had been practicing all day and they had a dress rehearsal at 3 in the afternoon for a show. “Did we have to come..?” Luhan asked Sehun, sleepily.

“Yes, because you already agreed to nightly walks, and besides, you can get more exercise that way,” Sehun replied.

Luhan sighed. “Okay.”

After walking for a whole ten minutes, the two sat down at an empty bench. “Are you that tired, Luhan?” Sehun asked.

Luhan nodded, his eyes closed. He leaned his head on Sehun’s shoulder. Sehun hummed the tune to EXO’s Angel, and Luhan was nearly falling asleep. “Aish..don’t sing that now; I might fall asleep and you have to carry me home,” Luhan teased.

“That’s fine with me,” Sehun replied, smiling down at his boyfriend. 

Across the plaza behind a bush was Xiumin and Kai. “This is getting boring,” Xiumin said, as he rested his chin in his palm. Kai nodded.

“We should probably get out of here before they catch us,” Kai said. He looked over the bush, checking if Sehun or Luhan would notice them.

As Kai looked, Luhan had lifted his head, and Sehun kissed Luhan’s cheek. Kai took out of his phone, and unlocked it. He entered its camera mode, and poked it over the bush. He aimed it at Sehun and Luhan, and clicked enter. Silently capturing the scene, Kai turned his phone off, and smiled in satisfaction. “Okay, let’s go.”

✭✩✭✩✭✩

As Kai lay in his bed later that night, he turned to check on D.O., who was fast asleep. He grabbed his phone from the bed stand and checked on the photo he took of Sehun and Luhan. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and clicked on the ‘share’ button on the bottom. He typed in ‘김민석’, and Xiumin’s contact popped up immediately. Under it was ‘김선우’. [ *Kim Shinwoo ]

Accidentally clicking both contacts without realizing it, it immediately added the ‘Kim Shinwoo’ as another contact to the message. He typed a quick caption for the picture: ‘Sehun and Luhan ㅇㅅㅇ’. Kai pressed send, and then shut off his phone, yawning. “I should go to sleep...” he muttered, as he turned off his light and threw his covers over his head. 

✭✩✭✩✭✩

Late at night, Shinwoo was working in his office, writing a list of things he should write about for an article on Naver. He bit his lower lip, wondering what things he could feature. If he posted an article that would receive more than 1,000 views in less that two days, he would be promoted to be one of the main writers.

In his work bag across the desk on the chair, his cellphone buzzed, alerting him of a text. Shinwoo looked up, disgruntled and tired. He reached over to retrieve his cellphone, and glanced at the glowing screen. A new picture message from Kim Jong In. Ah...Kai. Why would he be texting him so late? Shinwoo’s mother said that Kai was his second cousin or something like that, and they had been closer than ever since Kai entered high school. They had attended the same schools since the beginning of grade school. Kai wanted to pursue his dream of becoming an idol, and Shinwoo realized he had a fondness for the area of literature and writing. 

The two went their separate ways, but kept in touch once in awhile. Kai rarely texted him; he mostly called through the phone. The last time they met up was when Kai invited Shinwoo to meet the members of his k-pop group, EXO.

Shinwoo frowned and unlocked his phone to see the message. The message loaded, and he scrolled down. It was a photo of two people on a bench. A couple, he presumed. The boy leaned forward to kiss the other’s cheek. Shinwoo examined the boy for a moment, and thought, aw, he must be a sweet boyfriend..is that Kai kissing someone? Shinwoo glanced at the girl, and then realized something. The girl was another boy around the same age as the other. The caption read, ‘Sehun and Luhan’. Shinwoo racked his brain of the names. He vaguely remembered hearing them...

Shinwoo went to his laptop and searched up their names. “‘Oh Sehun and Lu Han are members of a K-pop group called EXO, both gaining much popularity on many parts of the world’,” Shinwoo read out loud an article he had came across. His eyes widened. That’s who they were.

“I could write about this for Naver!” Shinwoo exclaimed. He stopped himself. That was loud. He glanced back at his phone. “I just need some research..” he mumbled, and he immediately sat down at his laptop, typing away quickly.