I Love You

Icy Wall, Warm Heart

“Okay, keep walking, keep walking,” Youngmin attempted to guide my blind self with his voice and hands on my shoulders.  “Almost there.”

Nervousness fluttered in my stomach, making me uneasy.

“Am I the only one who remembers the last time you tried to blindfold me?” I asked, slightly worried.

“But this time I won’t let you go,” he whispered in my ear, his hot breath sending shivers through my body.

“You better not,” I murmured weakly.

I felt him chuckle behind me, his chest vibrating on my back.  A few steps more and a turn and we apparently reached our destination.

“Alright, let’s take this off now…” The cloth was untied from my eyes and I peered around me.  We stood in his music room where a piano and harp resided.  “I know you like music, and I was wondering if you would be willing to listen to something I’ve been practicing for a while now.”  Youngmin’s soft voice flowed through me, the emotions he felt swirling in the words. 

Slowly, I turned to him.  “What song?”

He smiled and took my hand, leading me to the piano.  He took his spot on the bench and pulled me down beside him.  Closing his eyes briefly, his fingers roamed the alabaster keys before settling into position.  He started playing. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gehu57R4WyA

Music notes filled the air, gently mingling with one another in a slow, beautiful dance.  Warmth filled my heart, chills tingling my skin.  His fingers seemed to be expressing his emotions in their own dance.  Slowly, I lifted my gaze to his face.  Eyes half lidded, eyelashes casting shadows along his cheek bones, he set my heart fluttering.  He swayed his head with the music, matching the fluidity of the melody.  As the song progressed, I felt my own emotions stirring within me.  These feelings…no words can describe them, not in any language save for the language of music.

With the last notes ringing, lingering in the air, I slowly let out a breath I had not realized I’d been holding.  After a moment, his eyes fully opened, straying to me.  In them, the enchanting power of the song brightened the deep bistre brown.  Stunned speechless, I struggled to find words.

“Beautiful.”  Oh, how inadequate!  Brilliant, magnificent, exquisite –these words were closer to, yet still so far from, describing what had transpired.  My spirits fell slightly at the inability to express what I felt.

But Youngmin smiled delightfully.  “Really?  I wrote it.  For you.”

In that moment, my heart burst, overflowing with the love I felt for this boy next to me.  I wanted him to know what was pulsing through my body, why my heart was burning.  Slowly, I brought a hand to his cheek, caressing the skin with my fingertips. 

“Thank you,” I whispered.

My gaze was locked with his, unwavering.  His eyes blazed with a flame brighter than any fire that could be produced on Earth.  Youngmin lowered his head, bringing his face closer to mine, never breaking the connection that had sparked between us.  Gradually, steadily, closer, and closer, our mouths neared each other until our lips touched delicately in a sweet, innocent kiss. 

Though the other kisses were nice, this one beat them all.  Though our lips barely met, in this moment we were bonded like never before.  In this moment, we were one.

He pulled back just enough to end the kiss, his eyes capturing mine once more.

“I love you,” he breathed, exhaling softly.

My breath hitched, heart pounding rapidly in my chest, bursting with joy.  I smiled.

“I love you, too.”

And I kissed him again.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

A very short, but very important update.  I won't say much, but I want your thoughts.  Please comment, and subscribe if you haven't.  I'm still debating on whether I will do a sequel for this.  It would really help if you all told me what you wanted.  Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed :)

Until next time...