You Did NOT Just Do That

Icy Wall, Warm Heart

“Where are you taking me, Youngmin?” I asked again, laughter bubbling in my throat.

“Just come on!” he answered excitedly.

Two weeks had passed since the incident with Chung Ae during practice.  Two long weeks of glares and suppressed urges (from both parties).  However, the queenka hadn’t tried anything and the moments I shared with Youngmin were bliss, if not a bit awkward at times.  For example, he tried to kiss me in front of everyone during lunch –something I was still too shy to do.  When I avoided it, the others teased cruelly and I didn’t miss the flash of hurt that quickly appeared and faded on Youngmin’s face.  The remainder of the lunch period was held in tension.  On our way home from practice that day, I explained my hesitation and he seemed understanding enough.  But he kissed me outside my door –to even the odds.  What odds he was talking about, only he knew.

Now, as he guided me down the street after practice, he passed by my apartment and continued walking, raising my suspicions.  My house was already two blocks behind us and I knew I could outrun him if it turned into a race, but I was curious as to where he wanted to go.

We turned a corner and with a ding! I realized where we were headed.

“Your house?  We’re going to your house?” I queried as we turned into his neighborhood.

“No more questions!”

I sighed.  “Honestly, why won’t you just tell me?  We’re going to your house.  Why?”

“You ask too many questions,” he stated, turning to me.  “Just, shh!” He placed a finger to my lips, as if that would keep me silent.

He was wrong.

“You’re not going to do something stupid, are you?”

He gave me an exaggeratedly pained expression.  “Is there an off button anywhere that I am not aware of?”

“I am slightly offended,” I replied, slanting my eyebrows downward.

Youngmin smirked impishly.  “Oh, wait, I think I found it.”

And he kissed me.

In public.

On the street.

With people passing by.

It was just a quick peck, but when he pulled back, mischief smoldering his eyes, he was met with a glare.

“You did not just do that.”

His thumb swiped across his lips, resting at the corner of his mouth.  “What if I did?”

“You just might die.”

“So I’m guessing I’m not allowed to do it then?”

“No.”

“Too bad~” He kissed me again, my face flushing furiously.

“You have a death wish, don’t you?”

“Hmm, not particularly, no.”

I just glared at him, not able to bring myself to hit him. 

“Whatever,” I mumbled, brushing past him, toward his house.  I took a few steps and turned back to see him just standing there with a goofy smile.  “You coming?”

“Neh!  I’m coming!” he grinned wider, bouncing toward me.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone! I know, I know, you all must hate me right now. I am so sorry for not updating that often and this is my way of saying that there is still more to come and please just be a bit more patient with me! It's been really hard at school with all of my classes and my job. And I also didn't know where to go with the story, honestly. But now I have some idea of where I'm going and this is just a little bit to let you know that I haven't died or anything and am still writing.

And guess what! 25 subscribers! I am a VERY happy girl right now ^^

Hopefully I can update more this week since I don't have school, but we'll see. I don't want to make any promises I'm not sure I can keep.

Oh, and are you SURE you want me to do a sequel? A few of you are asking for one, but to be honest, I never thought about doing a sequel for this story. Maybe I will, though, seeing as how the demand is up. But I'm not sure if I want to do that right away. I need a break from these characters and I already have an Infinite and a NU'EST story pending in my head that I've been wanting to write. If I do a sequel, who would you want to be featured? Please, let me know your thoughts!

Thank you again for all of your love and support! You have no idea how much you guys make my day!