Chapter 6 Thank You

Say it again

Chapter 6 Thank You

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English.)

Anne’s POV:

After that date with Jaejoong oppa, the two of us wasn’t able to meet each other because Jaejoong oppa had to go back to Korea while I have to focus on my last year on college. Yes, you’re right. I’ll be graduating this year. Not only that, I’m a candidate for the suma laude of our batch. It was still not sure because I still have to finish & pass my thesis. I always wanted to be in a group with my friends but our teacher didn’t let us since we will be 5 in the group & she insisted to let me be alone on the thesis subject. I was almost done with my thesis while my friends are still not finish & was having a hard time so I decided to help them. We were at Marielle’s house to do their thesis since unfortunately; they will defend their thesis earlier than me.

“Anne, we are really thankful that you’re our friend because you’re helping us today.” Marielle told me.

“I know that Ate Marielle.” I jokingly said. (A/N: “Ate” is a Filipino word used for calling an older girl.)

All of my friends are older than me by one year but since I have an IQ of 150, I was able to pass the college entrance exam without any difficulty even though my age is still not qualified to be on college.

“Never call us Ate, you’re making us older.” Marielle replied back.

“Ok. Don’t take it seriously. I was just joking.” I stifle a laugh while replying back.

We were able to finish their thesis but we finished it in 3 in the morning. Since we were all tired, we decided to sleep together in a sleeping mattress.

After that night, we’ve been busy to prepare ourselves for our defense that I seldom see them. And after days of preparation, today is the “judgement day”. That’s what my classmates called the defense day. Since I’m last on today’s batch of students who will defend today, I decided to meet my friends and give them some tips on how to handle the questions of our professors who will be the panel since I know them too well.

“Ok. Remember all what I’ve told you & I’m sure you will be able to defend your thesis which will result for us to graduate this year. Don’t get nervous and calm down. It will really help you a lot. Be optimistic. And I’d like to say what the 5 of you always believe, Always keep the faith.” I cheered them up.

They all smiled & nodded at me. Afterwards, they all hug me tightly saying their thanks on me.

“All of you are hugging me too tight. I can’t breathe.” I blurted out.

They all broke from the hug & say their sorry for the tight hug.

I looked at them & their faces looks like they will suddenly passed out while defending their thesis because of too much nervousness. I really hope they’ll be able to defend it & will pass their thesis. As I think of it, I was very lucky to have them as friends & as older sisters. They never treated me like the others that only befriend me when they need something. They are always with me whenever they need me. Even though they often tease me, it just shows how they are close to me or know me.

My thoughts were interrupted when suddenly the group before my friends came out of the room & told us that the next group is being called to go inside the room.

“Good luck!” I said with a smile to cheer them up. They smiled & waved at me before going inside.

I decided to wait for them to take care of their belongings. I was getting bored so I decided to get my iPad & play games. Since I was into the games I was playing, I didn’t realize that my friends already come out of the room.

“Anne, we did it! We just need to do some revisions. Really thank you so much! We love you really!” Shiela told me. They were all wearing big smiles not like the nervous smile they were wearing before they go inside the room.

“Congratulations! Told you just remember what I’ve told you & you’ll make it.” I told them.

They were about to hug me when suddenly my phone rings. It was from an unknown number but I’m sure it’s a call from a Korean because of its country code. I decided to answer the call.

“Hello! Who’s this?” I asked as I answered the call.

“Anne, its Jaejoong oppa.” He replied.

“Oh Oppa! Why did you call?” I asked.

“I had learnt that today is your defense. Are you nervous?” He asked me.

“No, I’m not. I’m confident with my thesis. How did you know that today’s my defense?” I asked since we didn’t have any communication after our 1st date because we’re both busy.

“I was free today so I decided to check up on you so I called in your house & it was your nanny who answered & told me about it.” He explained.

“Oppa, I’m a candidate for Suma laude. After I finish & pass this thesis, I’ll graduate as the Suma laude of our batch so you have to treat me or cook for me.” I jokingly replied.

“I never thought you’ll be demanding like that. Still good luck.” He replied.

“Thanks oppa. I should hang up now because any minute, it will be my turn. Thank you oppa for cheering me up.” I said before I ended the call.

I placed my phone on my bag. When I looked at my friends faces, they were having faces that were asking “Who was that?”

“Ok. I know. That’s Jaejoong oppa. He just called since he’s free of schedule today so he just checks up on me. And also said good luck on my defense.” I explained.

“What a wrong timing! Why did he call when we already finished our defense?” Shiela sadly said.

“Don’t tell me you’re waiting for him to say Good luck to you? Look, Shiela, he doesn’t know that today’s our defense. He just called in our house & it was my nanny who told him about it.” I explained.

Our conversation was interrupted when the group before me exited the room. They informed me that it’s my turn so I prepared the things I need & entered the room.

End of Anne’s POV

No One’s POV:

Groups were given 2 hours to defend their thesis but Anne only takes 1 hour. Her friends were shocked so they immediately surrounded her.

“You finished your defense in 1 hour?” Marielle asked.

“How was it?” Shiela asked this time.

“Did you have any revisions?” Jessica asked.

“Ok. Yes, as you can see the time, I just finished my defense in 1 hour. It was ok. They have questions but it was only few & I was able to answer all of their questions. No, they didn’t ask for any revisions.” Anne explained to interrupt her friends from asking her many questions.

“So you have no more problems since your thesis is already ok now?” Marielle asked.

“Yes. And they already told me that I’m already the Suma laude of our batch.” Anne explained.

“Why don’t we celebrate later? My treat.” Anne said to her friends.

“We’ll try but we can’t promise you because we still have to do the revisions.” Shiela replied.

“Ok. Just text or call me.” Anne replied.

“Anne, we have to go now. We have to start now so that we’ll be able to finish it to meet the deadline of submission.” Marielle said.

“Ok. If you need help, just call me & don’t hesitate, ok?” I’ll go now. Bye! Fighting! ” Anne said before waving goodbye to her friends & going on her way home. Her friends also waved back to Anne before going on their way to Marielle’s house to do their revisions.

When Anne got home, she immediately went to her room & petted her kitten Sachi. Her kitten was playing the toys she bought for her kitten & it sometimes will also play with her. Sachi become tired that it fell asleep leaving Anne bored. She looked at the window and saw dark clouds.

Anne’s POV:

Don’t tell me it’ll rain? Just by thinking that there will be thunders & lightning makes me scared especially now that my brother is not with me. He’s the one who can really make me calm or make me fall asleep whenever I’m scared.

My thoughts were interrupted when my cellphone rang. It was Jaejoong oppa so I answered it. Maybe talking to him will help me in fighting my fear.

“Hello Jaejoong oppa! Why?” I immediately answered & asked since I don’t know why he called.

“As I told you earlier, I’m free of schedule so I decided to call you. So how was your defense?” Jaejoong oppa asked.

“I’m also bored here. It was ok & I don’t have any revisions to make but my friends have so I’m alone here & have nothing to do.” I explained.

“Really? So you’re the suma laude of your batch? Congratulations!” Jaejoong oppa congratulated me.

“Thank you oppa! Next month will be our graduation. Can you attend?” Anne asked.

“I don’t know but I’ll try if I’m free of schedule.” Jaejoong oppa answered.

Suddenly a sudden lighting makes me scream.

“Jaejoong oppa, I’m scared.” I said.

“Don’t be afraid. Oppa is here. I’ll sing you a song.” After saying that, oppa started singing.

End of Anne’s POV

No One’s POV:

Meanwhile, Jerome was on his way home when he saw the dark clouds & remembered Anne.

Jerome’s POV:

I should hurry now to go home. Anne needs me.

End of Jerome’s POV

Unfortunately, Jerome was caught in the traffic but was able to take a shortcut & got home when the rain started pouring heavily.

At Marielle’s house

Marielle & her group just finished doing their few revisions so they decided to go to Anne’s house since it is near. While on their way, a sudden lightning makes them remember Anne.

“We definitely have to go to Anne’s house immediately. She needs us.” Shiela said.

“Right. We don’t know if her brother is already there. It’ll be a problem if she’s alone.” Marielle said.

“We don’t want that to happen again.” Jessica said.

Flashback:

When Anne was a 6 year old child, she was alone in her room when a lightning struck in the sky. She was so scared that she screamed. Fortunately, her brother Jerome heard her & sleeps with her while singing her a lullaby. Ever since that day, she became scared of rain because of lightning or thunders.

One day, when Anne was a 1st year college student, she was left alone on the house when suddenly a lightning struck again. Because of her fear that turns into a phobia, she can’t hardly breathe that makes her to faint. Fortunately, her friends came to her house for a visit & saw what happened to her so she was able to be brought to the hospital. Since that day, they always make sure Anne is with someone every time rain will pour to prevent that to happen again.

End of Flashback

They arrived & immediately went to Anne’s room. There they meet her brother who looks like just arrived there. In Anne’s room, they saw Anne hugging a pillow & holding her cell phone.

Jerome comes closer & saw who called. He found out it was Jaejoong. He was about to get it from Anne but she was holding it tightly so he only makes it to a speaker mode. Jaejoong was still singing her a song & he was not aware that Anne is already asleep. Anne slowly loosens her grip on her cell phone so Jerome got the phone & talked to Jaejoong.

“Thanks Jaejoong. Anne is already asleep.” Jerome said.

“I was talking to her when I heard her screamed & a sudden thunder so I decided to calm her down. I remember back then during our 1st date that it also happened. You already told me what to do, right? So I just did it again.” Jaejoong explained.

“Thanks again for taking good care of Anne. I & her friends were really worried but thanks to you we can now lessen the worry we felt.” Jerome told Jaejoong.

“Don’t mind it! It’s already late here so I have to sleep now. Just say my regards to Anne & tell her I’ll try. Bye!” Jaejoong said before hanging up.

“Anne is really lucky. If only she’s not my friend, I’ll get angry at her.” Shiela said.

“Wait. Anne didn’t tell us on what happened on their 1st date. Guess we have to interrogate her.” Marielle said.

“Yah! It seems like Anne is a criminal or a witness that needs to be interrogated.” Stephanie giggles while saying it. All of them laughed at her statement.

“Stay here tonight so that you can interrogate my little sister tomorrow.” Jerome jokingly said & Anne’s friends laugh & nodded. Jerome accompanied her sister’s friends where to sleep before going back to Anne’s room to sleep with her because she may get afraid again.

Morning came. Anne just woke up & was about to go downstairs when she noticed a note on her table beside the bed.

You should have called me or informed me or your friends yesterday but fortunately, Jaejoong knows what to do that when we came, you are already asleep. Don’t do that again. You make us worried. Oh by the way, your friends stayed here. I wasn’t able to greet you this morning since I have to go to the office. Have a good day my little sister!

                                                                                         - Your loving brother Jerome

Anne smiled after reading the note of his brother before going to the bathroom. She was about to go downstairs after preparing herself when her friends entered her room.

“I’m hungry. I know you want to ask me something but first let me take my breakfast.” Anne begs.

“So you really know what we are thinking? What happened on your 1st date with Jaejoong oppa? Don’t keep it and tell us. Jaejoong oppa told us yesterday that your being afraid of thunders or lightning also happened on your 1st date that he already know what to do. Care to explain.” Shiela said.

“I promised I’ll answer all your questions but let us eat first.” Anne said & goes downstairs not minding her friends since she was really hungry. Her friends followed her & they all took their breakfast.

Anne first finished her breakfast & she was about to go back upstairs when her friends stop her by Shiela holding her wrist so she has no choice but to sit again.

Anne’s POV:

Since they were looking at me that way & even stops me, I decided to tell them what happened that day. How I got scared when thunders or lightning strike, how Jaejoong oppa enters my room to check up on me, how Jaejoong oppa comforted me & sing a song to me till I fell asleep. They were having shocked faces after I told them that we sleep together.

“Bunso, don’t tell me that the two of you already did ‘it’?” Marielle asked me. They are really fond of calling me Bunso whenever they are serious. (A/N: Bunso is a Filipino word which means youngest.)

I shook my head after replying “Why? Does sleeping together always mean that? He just accompany me all through the night & didn’t leave my side because to tell you honestly, I hug him tightly that he was not able to go back to his room since you know that I’m always like that whenever I get afraid. So Jaejoong oppa has no choice but to sleep in my room so we sleep together & we didn’t do what all of you are thinking right now. Why are your thoughts like that?” I explained & I really can’t believe on what they were thinking like that because it feels like they were thinking that I’m kind of girl who will do that & that oppa is a guy like that. I pouted at them to know that I was disappointed.

“You should have told us earlier. I know why you are pouting like that. We’re not thinking that you’re like that but we just get worried that something happened to both of you that night. Right we know Jaejoong oppa from what we can see on TV but we still don’t know him personally. Still he’s a guy & you’re a girl. You know that a guy and a girl shouldn’t be on the same room especially when they are still not married. We were just concerned with you.” Marielle explained.

“Yes, she’s right. There are many guys like that & only few are gentlemen who respect a girl especially when they are on that situation.” Jessica replied this time.

“So Jaejoong oppa is also a gentleman? He’s handsome, very talented, is hot & is good in cooking! Bunso, I really wanted to switch places with you so that I can be his wife.” Shiela said dreamingly.

“He’s lucky it didn’t happen because his life as your husband will be very hard since you’re a die-hard fan of him & is head over heels to him.” Stephanie jokingly teased Shiela & giggles after. All of us laughs and afterwards, I prepared myself to go to school while my friends all go on their way home to prepare their selves to go to school. My driver drives me to school.

While I’m on my way to school, I decided to text Jaejoong oppa to thank him yesterday.

Thank you oppa & sorry for the trouble :)

                                                                                                                         - Anne

I arrived at the school & was greeted by my friends. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrated so I open my phone to see Jaejoong oppa texted.

You’re welcome. Just whenever you’re afraid, text or inform me, your brother & your friends. Don’t make us worried or else I’ll punish you when we meet again! Just joking :) Congratulations you already graduated! I’ll try to attend your graduation.

                                                                                                            - Jaejoong oppa

I smiled after reading his text & I realized that I was being left behind by my friends who are chatting. Glad they didn’t notice me smiling & reading a text on my phone or else I got some explanations to do.

That day passed just like any other day. After that day, I & my friends been busy with our clearance to finish before graduating. I also been busy with my speech & also seek help from my professors if the speech I made is well written; fortunately it is. The graduation pictorial was also held the next week after that day. We were really busy that I seldom have time to play the games in my iPad that I always do whenever I have time. I looked at the calendar & was shocked to see that tomorrow’s our graduation day. I really lost track of the days since these few weeks I’ve been busy with the preparation for the big day or our graduation day.

I suddenly got bored so I decided to look at the pictures on my phone. I saw my pictures with Jaejoong oppa during our 1st date. I suddenly miss oppa because he’s a very good oppa to me just like Jerome oppa that always checks up on me whenever thunders or lightning strike, always makes me smile whenever I’m lonely or crying or always I can lean on whenever I need help. It suddenly pops in my head that Jaejoong oppa told me he’ll try to attend my graduation. I’m happy that I’m graduating but I’ll be much happier if Jaejoong oppa can make it because right now, Jaejoong oppa is one of the important people in my life. When evening came, I eat dinner with my family & first shook those thought because I can tell I’ll be not save with my family’s teasing if ever they will know what I’m thinking. Afterwards, I decided to sleep & looking forward for one of the special days in my life.

Author’s Note:

This is the 6th chapter. It’s been a while since I updated so sorry for the super late update. Just like on my previous author’s note, I’m still losing inspirations & ideas for this fic. And I’m still encountering writer’s block but since I gain subscribers, I decided to update & also try to fight the writer’s block I’m experiencing so I can left you hanging.

And also I just got a comment on my last update from my sister @heesica03 so I was assuming maybe that not all of my readers are already interested on my last update or they already stop reading my fic. Hope this time you’ll give some comments or your thoughts on this chapter. That will really help me in creating new chapters & to fight writer’s block & not to lose inspirations for this fic.

Thank you to the new subscribers :)

Thank you to those who read this chapter :)

Hope you’ll forward to my next update!