Chapter 20 Back to Korea

Say it again

Chapter 20 Back to Korea

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English. Pink font means the language used in the conversation is Japanese.)

Morning came and Anne is still deep in slumber. She wasn’t aware that Jaejoong is already awake and already prepared himself for their trip back to Korea. He is currently cooking their breakfast while waiting for his wife to wake up.  

When he finished cooking their breakfast, he decided to wake his sleeping wife but ended up staring at his beautiful wife’s face.

He looked at the big rounded closed eyes of Anne, her pointed nose and the most beautiful part of her face which is her small lips that tempted many guys to kiss it and Jaejoong can’t deny he is one of them. As he looks closer to his wife’s face, he realized now why many guys go after his wife while she’s still school and even now. He now knows why her beauty caught guys’ attention and why many thought he’s lucky to have a beautiful wife like her.

Her lips is so inviting that he wasn’t able to stop himself to lean closer and look closer to it. When his face was almost an inch closer to his wife’s face, he suddenly felt like he wants to kiss his wife’s lips. He shook his head as he shrugs off that thought and looks away from her lips and instead stare at her face but he doesn’t know but felt that Anne is like a magnet and he is a metal that is attracting him to her.

When Jaejoong is leaning loser to Anne, Anne suddenly opens her eyes waking up in her sleep surprised seeing her husband’s face near to her face. She immediately covered herself with her blanket hiding her blushing face.

“I was just waking you up. I already prepared us breakfast. Go prepare yourself now so that we’ll not end up late on our flight. I’ll wait you and will eat breakfast with you.” Jaejoong said before leaving the bedroom.

Anne put away the blanket over herself before getting the things she needed to prepare for the day they will leave the country Japan.

When she finished preparing herself for the day, Anne joins Jaejoong on the dining table to take breakfast. They had a silent breakfast since two are drown in thoughts. Both are still thinking of what happened earlier. They soon finished their breakfast without uttering any words. Anne volunteered to wash their dishes while Jaejoong reluctantly agreed since Anne insists. He then decided to go check if he still forgot something to put on his things he’ll bring back to Korea.

While Anne after finishing watching the dishes, she then decided to sit on the couch on the living room and get a notebook from her bag. She was so immersed on writing that she wasn’t aware of Jaejoong looking at what she is writing.

“What are you writing, Anne?” Jaejoong suddenly blurted out surprising Anne.

“Sorry, it wasn’t my intention to surprise you but you’re just too focus on what you’re doing so I just ask you.” Jaejoong explained himself.

“By the way, oppa, the driver just contacted me that he’ll arrive around 8:30. We still have almost an hour spare time.” Anne said while hiding the notebook from Jaejoong.

“So, Anne, what is that notebook? What are you writing on it?” Jaejoong once again asked.

“It’s nothing oppa.” Anne replied back still hiding the notebook but the mischievous Jaejoong sneakily get the notebook from her.

He started flipping the pages and realized it was a diary. Anne immediately stand up and tried to get her diary from him but Jaejoong raise the diary higher making it out of reach for Anne.

“Oppa, please give it back!” Anne pleaded but Jaejoong doesn’t listen and instead raises it higher and moving it far from Anne who is struggling to get it from him.

“Ok, I’ll give you one condition and I’ll give it back.” Jaejoong said and suggested to Anne.

“What is it? As long as I can do it, I’ll do it but oppa better not make it impossible. That diary is very important to me.” Anne replied wanting to know Jaejoong’s condition.

“Kiss me.” Jaejoong accidentally blurted out. It wasn’t what he is supposed to say but that just slips out of his tongue. He wanted to change it and pretend he’s just joking but he can’t deny to himself he wanted it.

“But oppa, it’s too much! I can’t do that!” Anne disagreed.

“Then, I guess. I can have your diary.” Jaejoong replied with a playful smirk on his face.

“Give me first the diary and then I’ll do it.” Anne agreed and said her condition.

“No, kiss me first and then I’ll return your diary. What if you’ll just fool me and not do it after getting the diary?” Jaejoong replied with a mischievous hint on his voice.

“But I’m not like that, oppa!” Anne replied with pleading eyes. Jaejoong was about to stop his teasing but he just can’t stop himself from being curious on what will Anne will do next.

“Fine, I’ll do it.” Anne said before sighing.

She put her arms around his neck and stood on tiptoe before interlocking gaze with him. She leans closer ignoring her pounding heartbeat. When his face is an inch closer to him, she felt that Jaejoong is as nervous as her so she builds up the courage and close her eyes to plant a kiss on his lips. She was about to pull apart from their lip lock but she can’t hide the curiosity that she is feeling on how it feels to kiss a guy so she continued the kiss and move her lips around his lips.

Jaejoong’s eyes open wide in surprise since he was expecting Anne will pull apart after planting a kiss on him but what she did is the opposite. He let Anne continue kissing him and he can’t fool himself that he’s enjoying it; Anne’s inexperienced kiss.

When he felt that Anne’s kiss is starting to weaken and she is about to stop, he close his eyes and put his hand around her nape to respond to the kiss. This time, it was Anne’s turn to widely open her eyes in surprise.

Anne doesn’t know what to do whether to respond or to pull apart so she let Jaejoong to kiss her. But as Jaejoong continue on kissing her, she felt like she’s enjoying it and responded to her husband kiss. They shared a sweet kiss as Jaejoong placed his another hand on Anne’s waist to pulled her closer while Anne tighten her grip around his nape for support afraid she may fall down from their drowning kiss.

Jaejoong was about to deepen their kiss when a loud knocks from their door interrupted them making them to pull apart from the kiss.

“I’ll go get it, oppa.” A flushed Anne said.

“Hi, Ms. Anne! Your grandfather instructed me that I should pick the two of you later at 8:30 but I’m afraid we may caught in a traffic so I decided to pick the two of you early and hoping you don’t mind. I was already calling you from your phone but you’re not answering even Mr. Kim so I decided to go ask from the reception your room number and to personally inform you of that time. Did I interrupt the two of you?” The driver asked with a hint of mischievous on his voice.

“No. Our phone is in silent mode and we’re keeping ourselves busy since we wake up early so we weren’t able to receive your call. I’ll just inform oppa.” Anne left while hiding her blushing face. She then enter the room to inform Jaejoong but looking away to prevent herself to look at Jaejoong’s eyes still feeling embarrassed while Jaejoong just replied with an “Ok” and started to get their belongings.

The couple then left their room while carrying their belongings with the help of the driver. Then after some minutes, they arrived on the ground floor after riding the elevator and then walk their way to the parking lot where the car that will take them on the airport is in.

They put their belongings inside the car and then entered the car. They settled themselves before the driver entered the car and start the engine of the car. It was a silent ride since no one dared to speak. The driver was thankful enough that he picked up the two earlier because they were caught in a traffic but it wasn’t that long since after almost an hour, they arrived on the airport.

They bid their goodbye to the driver when they entered the airport. They keep themselves busy since no one dares to speak a word still not get over with what happen before they left their hotel.

They were interrupted when their flight was suddenly called. They followed the boarding process and now is already seated in their seats and put on their seat belts. When their plane started to depart, Anne started sleeping since her dizziness is kicking in. Jaejoong was reading a book when he suddenly felt a weight on his shoulder. It turns out it was Anne’s head leaning on his shoulder. A smile crept on his face upon realizing it.

He looks at his wife sleeping soundly and can’t help but to look at his wife’s beautiful face. He tried to resist because it may end up be one of his habit but he failed. He looks at the beautiful features of his wife before ending up looking at his lips. He ended up remembering how he almost kissed Anne while she’s sleeping when he’s trying to wake her up and also the drowning kiss they shared before they left the hotel. He tried to shake those thoughts off but once again he failed. He leans closer to plant a smack on her lips. He was surprised when Anne suddenly moves but he was relieved when Anne didn’t wake up and continued sleeping.

Japan and Korea is not that far from so it was a short flight. Jaejoong woke Anne up so she first stretches herself before going down with him. Anne is still feeling dizzy so she was sleeping all throughout their ride to get rid of her dizziness.

“Anne, we’re already here.” Jaejoong said and woke Anne when they arrived at a house not familiar with them. They exited the car and were surprised to see a beautiful blue house that is not so far from the house of Anne’s family staying at when they are in Korea.

“Ms. Anne, your grandfather told me to give this to you when you arrived.” The driver handed her a letter.

(A/N: This is the contents of the note.)

Anne,

Sorry we weren’t able to welcome you upon your arrival here in Korea. We are in the Philippines to take care of our business there and we will be having an important meeting with potential VIP clients for our company. We will be meeting them on your last day of honeymoon and will be back on the next day after your arrival but it may be around the evening so hope you understand.

By the way, I already talked with your driver to bring you to your new house; your house with Jaejoong. It was our gift from our family and Jaejoong’s family’s for your wedding. Hoping the house is to your liking. Hope you’ll fill the house with my future grandchildren, okay?

See you when we arrived there in Korea. Congratulations again on your wedding and hoping you had good days during your honeymoon with Jaejoong :) Will we hear some good news soon? Just kidding my granddaughter :)

From your loving grandfather

As Anne read the contents of the letter, she felt disappointed that she can’t be welcome but also blush with some of the contents because of her grandfather. She handed the letter to Jaejoong after she finished reading it. Jaejoong chuckles after reading the letter while Anne tried to hide her blush from her husband.

“And by the way, Ms. Anne, this is the key to the house.” The driver handed the key as Anne thanked him.

Jaejoong was about to open the house when he felt Anne is still not moving from her position.

“Anne, what’s the problem?” Jaejoong asked.

“Oppa, I don’t want to stay at that house. I want them to give it to us on their own. Let’s just stay at your house.” Anne answered back.

“But Anne, they already explained why they can’t welcome us.” Jaejoong said trying to persuade her but Anne look away from him and still not moving from her position.

“Okay, I give up. You’re really stubborn! Can you please take us to my house?” Jaejoong said to Anne and afterwards, asked the driver to take them to their house.

“And give this key to my grandfather. Let’s go.” Anne said as she handed the key to the driver.

Afterwards, they entered the car after putting all their belongings in the car. Jaejoong’s house wasn’t that far so they arrived after some minutes. They exited the car and afterwards, get their belongings in the car with the help of the driver.

“Thank you very much and sorry for the trouble with my stubborn wife.” Jaejoong said earning a loud scream from Anne saying “Oppa!” while Jaejoong chuckles after.

“No, Mr. Kim. I totally understand. I have known Ms. Anne for so long so I totally know she’ll react that way.” The driver answered earning laughs from the two men.

“Yah! The two of you are not funny. Why are you making fun of me?” Anne annoyingly said.

“We weren’t making fun of you. We’re just saying the truth, Anne.” Jaejoong answered back but Anne was still glaring at him.

Then the annoyed Anne walks past over them but stop after realizing she doesn’t know the passcode.

“Oppa, I don’t know the passcode!” Anne shouted.

“Ok, just wait me there.” Jaejoong said as he made his way to enter the passcode.

“I’ll help the two of you before I leave.” The driver insisted.

“Really thank you for taking us home but we don’t want to trouble you anymore but we can manage. Just relay the message of Anne, okay?” Jaejoong answered.

“Ok, Mr. Kim. I’ll surely remember Ms. Anne’s message. Welcome back again to Korea!” The driver said before bidding goodbye to the newlywed couple.  

When Jaejoong entered the house, he already found Anne who is bending her knees to reach someone of its level.

“Anne, what are you looking at?” Jaejoong asked as he put down the things he is holding before going nearer to Anne and bended his knees beside her.

He was surprised to see Anne was looking at one of his cats Yoyo, the Exotic Shorthair who seems distant to Anne.

“What are you doing Anne? Why are you looking at Yoyo that way?” Jaejoong asked trying to get the attention of Anne but he failed.

He was about to tap her when suddenly Yoyo came closer to Anne. Jaejoong is scared of what will his cat will do so he was about to pick it up but was surprised again when it started to bump its head to Anne’s hand. It put a smile on her face before starting to petting it.

“Hi, Yoyo! I’m Anne. I’m your owner’s wife. We’ll be seeing each other a lot.” Anne said as she talked to the cat making Yoyo meows as if answering and understanding what Anne had said.

“I remember my cat Kawaii. You both came from the same breed. I miss it already. I wish I can go back to Philippines but since you’re here, you’ll keep me company, right?” Anne continued talking and Yoyo answered with a meow. Anne was interrupted with her talk with Yoyo when she heard Jaejoong laughing.

“Why, oppa?” Anne asked confused with Jaejoong’s reason for laughing.

“It’s just so funny to look at you while talking to Yoyo but also cute and childish in a way. By the way, what are you doing when I entered?” Jaejoong replied back earning a glare from Anne.

“Ah, that! You don’t know about that? It’s what you called as kitty kiss. When cats blink slowly at you, it means they like you and trust you so return the favor at them and do it also so they will not misinterpret your reaction as staring them down as aggression or someone to be afraid of. I just did it with Yoyo to earn its trust and to play with me. I think you should also try it, oppa. But wait oppa, where is Jiji, your another cat?” Anne explained.

“I don’t know. Maybe he is just around the house. Wait, I’ll just call him. Jiji! Jiji!” Jaejoong answered before starting to call Jiji but unfortunately, they weren’t able to hear a response or see the presence of Jiji.

“It’s okay, oppa. Let’s just arrange our things and afterwards, let’s eat lunch.” Anne answered as Jaejoong nod as a response.

They both stand up and get their things as they went to Jaejoong’s room. Jaejoong was surprised seeing Anne following him since he thought she’ll be staying on the room across his room.

“Anne, you’re staying on that room. Sorry I forgot to mention that.” Jaejoong said.

“No, oppa. I’ll be staying with you on your room. We’re already married and isn’t it normal that the couple stays on one room? Don’t worry. I’m not a bad roommate. I may be not clean as you are but I organize my things most of the time.” Anne answered back.

“My room is not that big Anne and it may not be enough for the two of us. You can just stay on that room and have that room all by yourself.” Jaejoong told Anne.

“No, oppa. I’m more comfortable sleeping beside someone. Just like in our house, I always had my stuff toys and recently my kitten Sachi. I feel afraid if I’m just alone in the bed. Can you let me oppa?” Anne pleaded.

“Ok. But don’t blame me if my room will not have enough space for your things.” Jaejoong agreed giving up to his stubborn wife.

“Thank you oppa!” Anne happily said giving Jaejoong a hug putting her hands around Jaejoong’s neck. Her smile fade away and instead change into a blush from her face after pulling apart getting uncomfortable with her husband’s face near to hers.

“Let’s start arranging our things.” Anne said before going through her things still hiding the blush on her face.

“And actually, oppa, Jerome oppa always sleep besides me so I’m really used to have someone sleeping beside me. Thanks for understanding, oppa.” Anne said to Jaejoong earning “You’re welcome, Anne.”

“I’ll go prepare us lunch. What do you want to eat? I’ll cook it for us.” Jaejoong said when he finished arranging his things.

“No, oppa. I’ll prepare us lunch. I practiced cooking Korean dishes back then so I’m going to prepare for you and show you my skills.” Anne said proudly.

“Ok, then since you insists. I’m looking forward to it.” Jaejoong replied while Anne went on the kitchen.

After preparing the dishes for almost an hour, Anne decided to call for Jaejoong to eat lunch together.

“Oppa, lunch is already ready. Where are you?” Anne said as she roamed around the house. It turns out Jaejoong was at the balcony smoking a cigarette. She was slowly walking closer to Jaejoong but wasn’t able to get closer to him since she is slowly having a hard time breathing. She was holding her phone and speed dialed a number before fainting.

Jaejoong heard Anne so he looked on the window of the balcony but saw how Anne fainted. He immediately disposes the cigarette and went to pick up Anne.

“Anne, what happen? Anne, wake up!” Jaejoong said as she taps her.

He saw Anne’s phone and heard someone talking after putting the speaker on. It turns out it was the Concepcion’s family doctor in Korea. He answered it and told him what happened. He then instructed Jaejoong to put her to the bed and that he is on his way to the house after Jaejoong give him the address.

He carried her in bridal style and put her to the bed just like what the doctor had said. He looked at the peaceful face of Anne but it worried him what happened to Anne and feel like Anne is hiding something to him for she is ready to speed dialed their family doctor before she fainted.

His thoughts were interrupted when Anne’s phone rings for an incoming text. It was her doctor who told him he already arrived and to open the door for him. Jaejoong did and he welcomed the doctor. The doctor checks her vital signs and proceeds on writing notes before handing it to Jaejoong.

“Seeing how surprised you are and hearing your worried voice earlier, I presume Anne hasn’t told you about her health condition. Anne ever since she was a kid has an allergy to cigarette smoke. She often had hard time breathing when she inhales cigarette smoke resulting to her fainting but you don’t have to worry. She’ll wake up soon and on that note I give to you, please let her eat something before drinking those medicines. I believe she already has that so please remind her of drinking it. And Mr. Kim, if ever you will smoke again, I recommend that you’ll not be smoking near Anne and if there is a need to close the window or door, please do. And also after smoking, I recommend to spray perfume or any air fresheners so that Anne will not inhale any smoke. Feel free if Anne’s condition worsens.” The doctor said.

“Really thank you, doctor. I’ll surely keep those in mind.” Jaejoong said.

“Ok, I have to go now. Please take care of Ms. Anne.” The doctor said as he and Jaejoong made on their way to the door. Jaejoong bowed as a goodbye before the doctor gets inside of his car to go to his destination and afterwards, Jaejoong get inside the house to check Anne.

He went to their bedroom and sees Anne still lying down and unconscious. He let her sleep more before waking her up on the written time on her doctor’s note. He then went to the kitchen and preheated the food Anne prepared before fainting. He put some rice on a plate, some of the food she prepared on a small bowl and a glass of water. He then places it on a tray before making his way on the bedroom. He places first the tray on the small table on the room before tapping Anne to wake her up. Jaejoong felt relieved when Anne woke up opening her eyes and slowly sits up.

“Oppa, what happened to me? What I last remembered is I had hard time breathing.” Anne asked.

“You fainted and it’s my fault. It’s a relief that you were able to call your doctor and he just arrived earlier. He told me about your allergy and told me to make you eat something and drink your medicine. You should have told me about this. It is something very important because we’ll be living together. Don’t hide something important like this, okay? You make me worried when you fainted.” Jaejoong told Anne.

“Okay, oppa. I’m very sorry. I promised I surely not hide things like this from you.” Anne apologized.

“Okay, I understand. Just eat this food you prepared and then drink your medicine, okay?” Jaejoong told Anne earning a nod from Anne.

“But wait, oppa, how about you? Have you already taken your lunch?” Anne worriedly asked.

“Yes, I already ate earlier while waiting for the right time to wake you up. Don’t worry about me. Come on, I’ll feed you.” Jaejoong said as he started feeding Anne.

Anne is uncomfortable being fed by Jaejoong and can’t help but to blush but she knows she doesn’t have any choice since she’s still weak after fainting. When Anne finished eating, Jaejoong places the tray on the table again.

“Anne, your doctor told me that he believes you already have the medicines written here. Where did you put it?” Jaejoong asked her.

“Right there on the small cabinet oppa.” Anne replied as she pointed the location as Jaejoong get the medicine on the small cabinet.

“Really sorry oppa for making you worry.” Anne said after drinking the medicine.

“You don’t have to apologize. I promise I’ll never smoke so that it’ll not cause you to get sick again.” Jaejoong promised.

“No, oppa. You don’t have to. I know smoking is your stress reliever and I don’t like you to adjust because I’m sick. Just tell me if you decided to smoke and I’ll not go near you.” Anne replied back.

“No, Anne. I insist and beside, smoking is dangerous to health so I guess it’s a good thing that I stop.” Jaejoong replied back to Anne.

“But oppa….” Anne was about to continue but Jaejoong stops her.

“Don’t feel guilty. It’s my own decision and it’s for the better for both of us. Why don’t you rest now? I’ll just be right here.” Jaejoong said.

“But oppa, can you sleep beside me? But if you’re still not feeling sleepy, it’s okay. If it isn’t much, can you sing me a song?” Anne asked.

“Okay but I’ll just wash our dishes and I’ll be back, okay?” Jaejoong said as he picked up the tray and went downstairs. He then went back to the room after washing the dishes.

“I really hate taking those medicines! It makes me so sleepy or dizzy!” Anne said as Jaejoong sits up on the bed.

“You want me to sing you a lullaby now?” Jaejoong asked as Anne nods.

“Really thank you oppa.” Anne replied back.

“But since my wife is sick and I’m feeling sleepy already, I’ll go sleep beside her now.” Jaejoong said as he moves to lie down beside Anne. He then started to sing Anne a song. He was relieved when he felt Anne’s steady breathing. He looks at his wife as he continued singing her a song. He was surprised making him to stop from singing when Anne suddenly hugs her. She’s been doing it whenever she sleeps beside her and it looks like a habit she had ever since but it always makes him surprised.

He started thinking as she looks at his wife. He has been into many relationships but it’s been a while since he had a girlfriend. Knowing a wife will be waiting for him inside his house make him feel happy since he’ll no longer have those lonely nights alone on his house. Anne’s presence in the house is enough for him to cover up the loneliness of being alone on his house and the need to have a company or the need to have a wife to welcome you every time you’ll get home after work. He imagined many times how it feels to have a wife and he can’t explain the happiness just by thinking of it. He may not have expected it to be soon but he’s looking forward to the days on the future where he’ll be staying with his wife in his house he had for years and spent to alone.

After some minutes, sleepiness visited him. He closed his eyes as he hugs back his wife liking the warmth of her hug.

Author’s Note:

This is the 20th chapter. The ideas for this chapter just also pop out on my mind recently just like the previous Chapters so really hoping you like it.

Finally slightly overcome my writer’s block and was able to create an update from my on-going stories here in AFF which is this fic “Say it again” :) *jumps in joy*

Really thank you for those who reads my author’s note last time I updated before this Chapter and for understanding :)

Re-watching Jaejoong’s last drama before enlisting “Spy” really been helpful to get this update finished but sorry if it takes long :(

I’ve been busy watching also one of my crushes Park Yoo Chun’s latest drama Sensory Couple so I often had minimal time to try to create an update, so sorry for that again :(

Sorry that I just updated this story just today because I can’t update because until now, I’m still experiencing writer’s block. And also, work is making me busy. Not only that, I have 2 on-going fics aside from this so I hope you understand if ever I update late.

Still don’t know when I will update because this is again the last Chapter that I created, I don’t have spare Chapters to be updated but I’ll try to update or create Chapters when I have time or when ideas for the next Chapters pop out my head.

Hoping you’ll give some comments or your thoughts on this chapter. That will really help me in creating new chapters!

Thank you to those who read this chapter :)

Thank you also @pooh89, @hyukmin860104, @Elisona713, @Juli8750 and @chulie08 for subscribing on this fic :)

Thank you again to @jaejoongsmininion and @hellokitty120 for leaving comments on my last update :)

Hoping you’ll look forward to my next update!