Chapter 22 Am I Falling?

Say it again

Chapter 22 Am I Falling?

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English. Pink font means the language used in the conversation is Japanese.)

Morning came and Anne woke up early just like her everyday routine. She has been extremely busy with work so arriving at the office is a must. Her husband, Jaejoong, is just the same. He’s been busy with his promotions in Korea as well as concerts or fan meetings in other countries. The married couple barely see each other but still make up whenever they are at home together.

Seeing Jaejoong still asleep, Anne decided to prepare herself to work and afterwards, prepare a simple breakfast for them. When she finished cooking, she decided to go to their room to see if Jaejoong is already awake or already finished on preparing himself.

When she opens the door and look around, she was surprised to see Jaejoong still in bed.

“Oppa, wake up now. You’ll be late if you don’t. Let’s have breakfast together.” Anne said while gently shaking Jaejoong’s shoulder.

She was surprised when Jaejoong even don’t budge. She look intently and that’s when she realized Jaejoong is having chills. She then took the thermometer and aim the infrared thermometer on his forehead.

“Oppa, you have fever! Why didn’t you tell me?” Anne asked after discovering the body temperature of Jaejoong.

“I just don’t want you to worry. I’ll be fine. I’ll just go to the hospital for an IV drip and then I can go to my schedule.” Jaejoong replied back.

“No, oppa. You’ll stay at home and take a rest. I’ll just call your manager.” Anne said and get her cellphone but Jaejoong hold her wrist to stop her from calling his manager.

“I’m really just fine. It’s not like this happen for the first time. I already know what to do as well as my manager.” Jaejoong replied.

Anne removes Jaejoong’s hand and get up to call Jaejoong’s manager.

“Your manager oppa agreed for you to take a rest for today. I’ll just get the food I made. Eat and then take your medicine after.” Anne said after ending the call.

“You’re really stubborn.” Jaejoong replied with a smile.

“Coming from you. Just rest for today, ok, oppa? I don’t want to get worried.” Anne replied earning a nod from Jaejoong.

Anne then went downstairs to get the food and place it on a breakfast tray. She then went upstairs and open the door while carrying the tray when she reached their room.

Jaejoong then get up to sit while Anne put the breakfast table in front of him.

“Can you eat by yourself, oppa? I can feed you if you can’t.” Anne asked.

“Yes. I’ll be okay. Aren’t you going to work?” Jaejoong asked.

“I already called at work. I’ll be working from home. My mind wouldn’t be at ease knowing you’re having a fever.” Anne answered back.

“Change into something comfy. It’s not like you need to wear something formal at home.” Jaejoong told Anne.

“You’re right. Finished all of the food and then, I’ll give you the medicine after. I’ll just change.” Anne answered back earning a nod from Jaejoong.

When Anne finished changing to something comfy, Jaejoong also finished eating. Anne gave him a medicine for his fever. Jaejoong then drink it and lay down after.

“Take a rest, oppa. It will help you get better.” Anne said after she took the breakfast table.

“Do you need help from washing those?” Jaejoong asked referring to the dishes.

“No need, oppa. Just take a rest. I’ll be fine.” Anne replied back.

“Ok. Thank you, Anne.” Jaejoong replied back earning a smile from her.

Anne then opened the door to their room and went downstairs. She cleans the dishes and afterwards, went to the office room to start her day at work.

Time really flies fast. Without her knowing, Anne already finished her work. She then closed her laptop and then arrange her things.

She got up and decided to check up on Jaejoong. She is still worried of his fever. She grabs the doorknob of their room and open the door. When she entered the room, she saw Jaejoong shirtless and about to put his shirt on when he heard the door opening. Anne immediately turns her back on him hoping Jaejoong didn’t see the blush on her face.

“Sorry, oppa. I didn’t mean to enter the room but it was not locked. I was just about to check up on you. I don’t know that you just take a shower and is changing clothes.” Anne apologized to her husband.

“You can turn now. I’m already feeling good. Thanks to you.” Jaejoong replied back with a smile.

“You’re welcome, oppa. Oh right! I’ll cook us dinner. I’ll just call you when dinner is ready.” Anne said and was about to leave the room when Jaejoong speaks.

“No, let me cook us dinner.” Jaejoong said.

“No, oppa. You just get well from your fever. It’s okay. I can cook for the two of us. Wait for my call, ok?” Anne replied back.

“You’re really stubborn. Okay, I’ll wait for a call.” Jaejoong answered earning a smile from Anne.

Anne then leaves the room and go downstairs to cook dinner. Since Jaejoong is recovering, she decided to cook a stew called “sinigang”, a Filipino dish.

After almost an hour, she finished cooking and already prepared the table. She then goes upstairs and open the door to their room.

“Oppa, dinner is ready. Let’s eat.” Anne told Jaejoong.

“Okay. I’ll be downstairs.” Jaejoong replied back while Ann made her way to the dining table.

After some minutes, Jaejoong joins her.

“Wow, it’s sinigang. Been missing eating a Filipino dish.” Jaejoong said while he sits.

“Jalmukesumneda” Jaejoong said before starting eating.

“How was it?” Anne asked.

Jaejoong was still tasting the soup and his silence made Anne uneasy but Jaejoong give her a thumbs up.

A smile crept on Anne’s smile before she started eating.

When they finished eating, Jaejoong insists on washing dishes which Anne didn’t like the idea at first but give in to Jaejoong’s stubborness.

When Jaejoong finished washing the dishes, Anne walks towards Jaejoong.

“Drink this, oppa so that you will recover fast.” Anne said while handing him the medicine and a glass of water.

“Thank you.” Jaejoong replied while drinking the medicine.

After that, both went upstairs to go to their room.

“Oppa, rest now and tomorrow ask for another break from work from your manager.” Anne told Jaejoong.

“I can’t, Anne. I have prior schedules I must attend to.” Jaejoong replied back.

“Then, promise me you’ll call me if you get sick again. Go sleep now. I’ll just take a shower.” Anne replied back.

“Yes, Mom.” Jaejoong jokingly replied earning an “Oppa!” reply from Anne.

When Anne finished taking a shower and dries her hair, she joins Jaejoong on the bed.

She first checks up his body temperature. When the results are already normal, she puts the thermometer down their bedside table and closes her eyes after to sleep.

Jaejoong opens his eyes when he felt Anne steady breathing knowing she’s already asleep.

She looks at her face and remove the strand of her hair from her eyes.

He can’t help but wonder what he is feeling right now. He knows he is thankful for Anne because she takes good care for him but there is something he’s feeling that he can’t explain.

‘Is this brotherly love or am I already falling for you, Anne?’ Jaejoong thought to himself.

His thoughts were interrupted when he felt Anne’s arms. The gesture put a smile on his face before hugging her back

He places a kiss on her forehead before uttering “Good night, Anne”.

He then decided to join Anne in sleeping for he knows they will be busy again by tomorrow and will miss her warm hug.

Author’s Note:

This is the 22nd chapter.

Hope you like this Chapter and feel free to comment 😊

I’m already editing the 23rd Chapter and will be posting it later.