Chapter 11 The Engagement Announcement & Anne’s Birthday

Say it again

 

Chapter 11 The Engagement Announcement & Anne’s Birthday

(A/N: Blue font means the language used in the conversation is Filipino while Green font means the language used in the conversation is Korean. Black font means the narration, the character’s POV or the language used in the conversation is English. Pink font means the language used in the conversation is Japanese.)

Today is Anne’s birthday & everyone on the venue is busy preparing for the special day of Anne. Not only will it be Anne’s birthday but also the announcement of her engagement with Jaejoong. For now, only the family of both Anne & Jaejoong, the JYJ members & Anne’s friends who are both close to the families only knew about the arranged marriage that both families plan since Anne was born.

Every crew for the party & especially the organizer of the event was busy doing their job perfectly without mistakes to make this party perfect. It was really a pressure for the organizer but since she’s well-known for organizing the best events, she was picked by Anne’s grandfather and she don’t want to disappoint her client. It was her first time to organize an event for the family Concepcion but she heard many rumours that if the family picked you, you must make it perfect with no mistakes. She also heard that on their every event, they already have an organizer but that organizer suddenly disappoint or didn’t meet the expectations of the family so because of that, they decided to change the organizer & fortunately, it was her who was picked.

Meanwhile, on Anne’s room, all of the make-up artists & the stylists are also busy preparing Anne’s friends & especially the birthday girl Anne. There are also make-up artists & stylists hired by Anne’s grandfather for the JYJ members, to the Concepcion family & to the Kim family.

Time passed & it’s already time for the party. Since Anne’s grandfather friend is Japanese & they are on Tokyo, the party is a Japanese party. All of the guests are required to wear traditional Japanese clothing which is kimono. (A/N: To know more about kimono, you can check out this site: http://www.japan-zone.com/culture/kimono.shtml)

Guests started to arrive so Anne with her family stood up on the front door to greet the guests. Everyone said their birthday greetings to Anne & even said she looks cute with her kimono and she replied “Thank you”.

(A/N: The picture below is what Anne looks like on the party, it’s the same kimono she’s wearing on the poster.)

Anne’s parents & Anne’s grandfather was talking to the other guests. After some minutes, Anne’s friends arrived & just like Anne, they look good with their kimonos.

“Happy Birthday Anne!” All of her friends greeted her & give her a hug & a kiss.

“Thank you! And also thank you for coming here.” Anne replied.

“What are you saying Anne? Even though we’re not invited, we’ll surely come.” Shiela jokingly said.

“As if I’ll not invite all of you. You’re all my best friends & I’ll not surely forget inviting all of you. By the way, all of you look beautiful tonight.” Anne replied back.

(A/N: These are the kimonos of Anne’s friends that they are wearing on the party.)

Shiela’s kimono:

Marielle’s kimono:

Jessica’s kimono:

Stephanie’s kimono:

Christina’s kimono:

“But we don’t think that we can beat the beautiful birthday girl tonight.” Christina jokingly replied.

“Ate Christina & Ate Shiela, do you really just come tonight just to tease me?” Anne asked.

“Ok. We’ll just sit there. Stop arguing with them. Remember you have to continue to greet your guests.” Stephanie said while pointing at the area where they will sit. After that, they left Anne to go to their seats.

More guests arrived & Anne greeted them all just like how she greeted the guests who arrived earlier. After some minutes, the JYJ members come & also wearing kimonos.

(A/N: These are the kimonos of JYJ members that they are wearing on the party.) 

Jaejoong’s kimono:

Yoochun’s kimono:

Junsu kimono:

“Happy Birthday our future sister-in-law!” Junsu teasingly greeted her.

“Junsu oppa!” Anne said with a pout while the JYJ members giggled with her reaction after Jaejoong & Yoochun greeted her a happy birthday. They also gave her a hug.

“You really look good with your kimono.” Jaejoong told Anne.

“So are the three of you.” Anne replied back.

“Why don’t you sit with us there on our seats? We have 1 seat still not taken.” Yoochun invited her.

“But I still have to greet the guests Yoochun oppa. Maybe later but still not sure because you know, maybe my friends are expecting me to sit with them.” Anne explained.

“Ok, Anne. If you have time, you can just sit with us. We’ll go on our seats now.” Jaejoong said & the three of them walk to their seats.

After that, the party continued & everyone enjoyed the food prepared for them & also the champagne being offered by the waitress/waiters. Anne was really having a good conversation with her friends when a waiter went up to her & said that she’s being called by her grandfather. Anne went there & her grandfather told her to say a few words to the guests on her party. Anne just nodded & grabs champagne from the waitress near her. She first smiled to all the guests as she walks up on the stage.

“Excuse me everyone, may I have your attention please?” She started her speech for the toast.

Everyone looked at Anne as they waited for her to speak again.

“First of all, thanks everyone for attending my birthday today & thanks for all of your greetings. I am so glad that I was able to celebrate this special day with all of you. Hope you enjoy the party tonight and the foods served today are to your liking. I'd like to invite everyone to raise your glasses and join me in wishing all of us to have a great night. Cheers everyone!” She raises her glass and took a sip on her glass as everyone joins her.

After the toast, she first smiled to everyone before going on her way to her friends. She was about to continue their conversation earlier before giving a toast when she saw her grandfather walks up on the stage.

“Excuse me everyone, may I have your attention please?” Anne’s grandfather told all of the guests to have their attention or to listen to what he has to say.

“I think grandfather will announce it now.” Anne nervously said.

“Anne, don’t be nervous.” Jessica said trying to calm Anne.

“I’m very nervous because what if Jaejoong’s fans can’t accept me? What if they will start to hate me or hurt me?” Anne said.

“Don’t think those negative thoughts. I know Jaejoong oppa will help you if ever his fans will do that to you.” Shiela said to Anne.

Anne just took a deep sigh before looking again to her grandfather that is starting his speech or announcement.

“First of all, thank you everyone for attending the birthday party of my granddaughter. Aside from my granddaughter’s birthday, I have an announcement to make. My granddaughter is engaged with the grandson of my best friend. Ever since my granddaughter was born, I & my friend made a promise that our granddaughter/grandson will be arranged to get married. I know every one of you are thinking that this is a late announcement but I think her 18th birthday is the perfect day to announced it to everyone. So without further ado, let me call my granddaughter Anne with her fiancé Kim Jaejoong of JYJ!” Anne’s grandfather ended his speech.

Anne stood up while Jaejoong waited for her to accompany her on the stage. Everyone was having different reactions upon hearing that the famous JYJ member has already a fiancée. The few media that were allowed started to take pictures/videos because it’s a scoop that everyone will really get interested because both families are famous; Jaejoong is a famous singer while Anne is a famous heiress of their multinational company.

When both Anne & Jaejoong arrived at the stage, they all bowed to all of the guests & flash a smile.

“Thank you everyone for your attention! I’d like again for everyone to raise your glasses and join me in wishing my granddaughter & my future son-in-law to have the best that life has to offer with them together and for them to have a good life together. Toast for the couple!” Anne’s grandfather said as everyone joins them for a toast.

When the toasts ended, Anne’s grandfather with Anne & Jaejoong walk down to the stage. Anne first excused herself to go to the bathroom but it’s not true; she just went to the garden & sit on a bench because she felt she needed time alone to think. Right now, she’s getting scared or nervous of what will everyone think of them as a couple & soon to be married especially Jaejoong’s fans. For her, she knows Jaejoong is a good man especially because he’s like an older brother to her but she can’t help but to be bothered of what will Jaejoong’s fans reaction after learning about this.

She was preoccupied with those thoughts that she didn’t notice Jaejoong coming on her way to sit beside her.

“So this is the new bathroom?” Jaejoong jokingly said. That causes Anne to notice Jaejoong.

“Oh oppa. No, I just used that as an excuse to be alone here.” Anne replied.

“Is anything bothering you? You can tell oppa. I’ll listen.” Jaejoong asked.

“I don’t know oppa but I really can’t help but to be bothered by what will be your fans reactions if ever they will learn about our arranged marriage. What if they suddenly started hating me or hurting me? What if you lose your popularity because of me? What if..” Anne said & was about to continue when Jaejoong cut her off.

“Don’t worry. As an oppa, I’ll protect you if ever those things will happen. Remember, your family, friends and we, JYJ, will surely protect you or help you when things happen that way. Especially me because I can’t bear seeing you treated that way because of my fans. Ok? So stop thinking about those things.” Jaejoong explained.

“Ok, oppa. Thank you.” Anne replied back as she smiled at him. Jaejoong smiled back at her.

Suddenly, a slow music started to fill the whole place. On the inside, every couple started to dance to the slow music. Anne’s friends with the JYJ members were still looking for Anne & Jaejoong since the two were gone after the announcement. They were really getting worried since they were afraid that something bad had happened to the two. Anne’s family & Jaejoong’s family are not aware of the situation because they were busy entertaining the guests & they are sure that the two is just with their friends.

“Anne, why don’t we dance inside? Look everyone is dancing. I know you know that they are expecting us to join them on dancing. So may I have this dance?” Jaejoong asked as he extends his left hand. 

Anne just giggled & replied “Why don’t we just dance here?”

“You’re really weird one, Anne. I know your friends & the members are already worried & looking for us two so why don’t we just dance inside so that they will know that we are safe? I know especially Junsu is started to having those thoughts that something had happened to the two of us.” Jaejoong explained.

“Not only you, but I’m sure especially Jessica unnie is getting worried & just like Junsu oppa is thinking the same way.” Anne replied with a giggle before they went inside.

Everyone looked at the couple when they entered having their hands clasping together. The 2 JYJ members & Anne’s friends were really relieved that the two are safe not like what they were thinking.

Jaejoong walks to the center and extends his left hand. Anne also extends her right hand accepting his invitation for the dance. They both face one another as Jaejoong put one of his hand to Anne’s waist and the other one to her right hand and hold it up at about their shoulder-level while Anne place her left arm to Jaejoong’s shoulder.

Anne’s POV:

Jaejoong oppa started the dance by slowly swaying to the music. As we dance, his gaze never left mine. I can’t help myself but to blush because of his gazes. Shiela unnie once told me that Jaejoong oppa’s gaze is like hypnotizing you that you can’t help but to stare back. He was even smiling the smile that makes her fans to swoon over him. And I just prove that what Shiela unnie said was true because I’m experiencing it now. I know many fans of him are dying to be in my place right now but I was feeling the opposite. I really wanted the dance to finish because just like what I have thought, I can’t help but to be hypnotized with oppa’s gaze and its making me uncomfortable and blush. And what I’m scared is I may turn to be a fan of him because he’s slowly making me fall for his gazes & smile. It’s not like I don’t want to be his fan but I’m scared that I will start to be uncomfortable with him. It’s not good because he’s my future husband & we will be staying in the same house soon. And I really wanted our relationship will be just like the relationship I have with Kuya Jerome. I’m still afraid to fall in love because I’m afraid that if ever I turn a fan of him & started developing feelings for him, I may end up hurt because it may turn out as a one sided love.

Those thoughts of mine were interrupted when the music finished playing. The party continued as the people continued catching up with one another. It’s because many of the people who attended my party just often meet one another through this kind of events.

I & Jaejoong oppa went to the table of our friends & chat with one another. Yes, I was listening but I can’t help it but to still think of my thoughts earlier. I pretended that everything is fine with me all throughout the night. After some hours, the guests started leaving the venue & I say my goodbye with them & thanked them again.

I & my friends with the JYJ members also say our goodbyes to one another as we made our own way to our room. I know I shouldn’t be bothered with those thoughts but what if those thoughts came true? What will I do? Without me noticing, I was able to sleep with those thoughts that are still not unanswered.  

End of Anne’s POV 

Author’s Note:

This is the 11th chapter. The ideas for this chapter just also pop out on my mind recently just like the previous Chapter so I hope you like it.

Sorry for the late update. Lately I’m getting busy because of work & still I’m experiencing writer’s block so I hope you understand.

Still don’t know when I will update because this is the last Chapter that I created, I don’t have spare Chapters to be updated but I’ll try to update or create Chapters when I have time or when ideas for the next Chapters pop out my head.

Hoping you’ll give some comments or your thoughts on this chapter. That will really help me in creating new chapters!

Thank you to those who read this chapter :)

Also thank you to the new subscribers :)

Great thanks to the two subscribers who voted this fic: @Hanmie & @kpopcrazy18 even though I felt that this story is not that good & I often update late or I often experience writer’s block.

Hope you’ll forward to my next update!