Fifth Shot

Still My Tutor

 

"Mister, can you wait for us here? We are going inside for a moment," Daehyun said to the taxi driver.

 

"We are?" You turned to him and asked. After spending hours at Lotte World and had an affordable dinner, the two of you took a cab. You thought you were heading home but Daehyun wanted to go to his school instead.

 

The middle aged taxi driver smiled sincerely that the wrinkles around his eyes formed. "Of course, young man. Take your time. I will be here."

 

Daehyun felt gratefully. "Thank you. We will be back very soon," he said again. He turned to look at you and his hand found its way to yours. He held onto your hand tightly. "Let's go inside."

 

You had no idea what Daehyun just told the security guards at the entrance gate but they let you in willingly. Once the two of you were few meters away from the entrance gate, you suspiciously eyed the boy. "What did you say to them?"

 

Daehyun shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing special."

 

You looked back at the entrance gate and saw the security guards smiling sweetly at you. Awkwardly, you smiled back at them and turned to Daehyun again. "Yah. I'm serious here. What did you said to them?" You whispered. "Why were they smiling like that?"

 

Daehyun brought his eyes to meet yours. He had his solemn face on. "To tell you the truth," he paused, making your heart beat faster.

 

"YOU ARE ACTUALLY IN A GANG THAT SELLS DRUGS AND KILLS PEOPLE?" Before he could even explain, you shot him with a shocking question. You clasped your mouth with your hand. Your eyes went so wide that they could actually pop out from their sockets. "OH MY GOSH! I KNEW IT! YONGGUK, HIMCHAN, YOUNGJAE, JONGUP, JUNHONG ARE IN THE SAME GANG AS YOU! THAT'S WHY YOU ALL HAVE THE SAME HAIR COLOUR! YOU ALL ARE THE BLONDE GANGSTERS! OH MY GOSH!" You spoke too fast and too loud. You could totally imagine Daehyun and his friends selling drugs in dark alleys and fighting other gangs. MY BOYFRIEND IS A FREAKING GANGSTER!

 

Daehyun could not hide his amusement, burst into laughter. Never before he laughed this much. His stomach hurt and tears were swelling in his eyes. "Oh my gosh, ~~~~~. You never ceased to amuse me with your imagination!" He laughed again.

 

You were stunned on how loud his laughter was. You liked the way his laughter sounded to your ears. But then you went anxious again. You shook his arms. "You are really a gangster, aren't you?" You wanted to cry at that time.

 

Daehyun stopped laughing. He shook his head and looked at you. "Do I look like a gangster to you?" He was still amused.

 

You blinked at him a few times. "No," you simply replied him. "Well, maybe a little bit. A little bit," you added and bit your lower lip. You body flinched suddenly when Daehyun flicked your forehead lightly.

 

"You, my girl, had watched too much dramas," he teased and ruffled your hair affectionately. "I'm not in a gang, silly."

 

Your shoulders slumped in relief and you slapped your forehead with your palm. Maybe I did watch too many dramas. But your curiosity was not answered. "But what did you say to them?" You fixed your messy hair.

 

Daehyun gave you a small smile. A small meaningful smile. He took your hand in his. Your hand felt so warm against his. I love holding her hand. "Let's just go inside, okay?"

 

You gave up on asking the question. Somehow it was not important anymore. With your hand in his, you knew that you trusted him more than ever. I love holding his hand. You held his hand tighter. "Yeah."

 

The two of you were inside the school. Your eyes scanned the school. The orange lights were on and it gave a warm feeling. You unconsciously formed a smile. Why did I feel like a high school student again? The buildings in the school also looked classic. They looked somewhat like old western buildings. There was a little fountain on the middle of the path which fascinated you.

 

Daehyun glanced at you and saw your expression. He smiled at the view. You had your happy expression on. And he just loved to see that more than anything. I would like to see that same expression of yours for a long time. Or maybe forever. His face went red at his own thought.

 


 

You stared at his at disbelief. Your breaths became heavy. The two of you were in front of the result board. "What are we doing here?" You asked him. You remembered how Daehyun looked after he went to look at the result earlier. Why did he come here again?

 

Daehyun noticed the changed in your expression and his eyes softened. "I want to show you something."

 

Instinctively, you turned your back against the result board. You knew that he was going to make you look at the result. Your eyes started to swell with tears and yours lips were trembling. You pressed your lips hard together. "No, I don't want to see it," you replied him with shaky voice. Your name is not on it. So, I don't want to see it.

 

Daehyun wrapped his arms around you from the back. His heartbeat went wild again. His heart always did that when he had you in his arms. He smelled your hair. Lavender. He loved the scent so much. He pressed his face against your temple. "Hey. Don't cry." He knew that you were going to cry.

 

"You didn't make it. It's all my fault. If only we do more revision." Your heart ached at your own words. Tears ran down from your cheeks. You still remembered how bad was Daehyun's results on every subject three months before. He failed every subject. But you had seen Daehyun improved on each of the subjects in three months. He improved in every quiz given by his teachers. No more red marks. But three months were not enough to drastically change from the worst to the best. This won't happen if I became your tutor earlier. I'm so sorry.

 

"Who said I didn't make it?"

 

Your eyes dilated at his words. Your heart thumped loudly inside. Am I hearing things? "Wh- What do you mean?" You asked him, who was still hugging you like a koala hugging its favourite tree.

 

Slowly, Daehyun spun you around to face him. He gave you a heart-stopping smile before cupping your face with his hands and drew your face closer to his. "I made it, ~~~~~. I passed," he said.

 

His face was blurred because of all those tears in your eyes. You could not even hear him properly because of your sobs. "What did you say just now?"

 

Daehyun wiped your tears away with his thumbs. How could someone still look beautiful when she's crying? He held your face firmer this time. "I said, I made it. I passed this test."

 

You could not believe your ears. Did he just say that he passed the test? Your cheeks were soaked by your tears again. The hope that sank earlier started to grow in your heart again. "I don't believe you. You looked so sad when you came back after you saw the result."

 

Daehyun smiled again this time. "I'm not lying, ~~~~~. See it for yourself." He went behind you and gave you a light push towards the result board.

 

You bit your lower lip nervously. After hesitating awhile, you finally took a few steps closer to the result board. Your eyes wandered everywhere but the result board.

 

"Come on. Take a look," Daehyun encouraged you from behind.

 

You gripped your fists together and took a deep breath. Slowly, you raised your eyes to see three large pieces of paper on the result board. Your heart beat faster as you started to scan the names starting from the last number. Your hope died when you did not find his name on the paper. Your eyes went to see the second paper. Please be there. You gave yourself a hope. You carefully scanned and read the names in your head. Your hope died again as you did not find his name on the paper, too. Did he trick me? Your heart ached as you laid your eyes on the last paper. The Top 50 names left. The hope in your heart did not grow anymore. But still your eyes scanned the names starting from the bottom.

 

Number forty. Shim Hyunseong.

 

Your eyes went wet again. Not Daehyun.

 

Number thirty. Lee Sungjong.

 

Your heart ached. Not Daehyun.

 

Number twenty. Yoo Seungho.

 

Your tears ran down. Not Daehyun.

 

Number ten. Park Jiyeon.

 

A sob escaped from your throat. Not Daehyun.

 

Nine names left and you did not dare to finish it. Your heart was aching badly. It was not there. His name is not there. You covered your mouth as sobs escaped from your mouth. There are nine names left, a voice spoke inside you. It somehow gave you hope again. You inhaled the air. You decided to look at the names again but this time you want to start from the number one place. You looked up again.

 

Number one. Lee Taemin.

 

You heard your heart cracked. Not Daehyun.

 

Number two. Lee Jieun.

 

The last thread that joined your heart together threatened to break. Not Daehyun.

 

Number three. Jung Daehyun.

 

You quickly looked away. Your heart skipped a beat and your eyes went so wide. Your hands were shaking. What was that? You looked up again, hoping that your eyes did not trick you.

 

Number three. Jung Daehyun. Your eyes read the most left part. Seoul University.

 

"Number three. Jung Daehyun. Seoul University," you read it out. Your tears ran down again. You bit your lower lip a little bit too hard. It hurt and you knew that you were not seeing things. You spun around to look at the boy who had not spoken for awhile.

 

"Yup." Daehyun gave his warm smile at you. "Number three. Jung Daehyun. Seoul University."

 

In a nick of time, you had him in your arms. You hugged him so tightly, leaving no space between your body and his. The hope that sank before was resurrected again. The hope grew inside your heart and it bloomed in no time. "You made it, Daehyun. You passed the test. " You cried even harder than before. But they were no longer sad tears. They were the happy tears instead. "You made it."

 

Daehyun hugged you even tighter. "I didn't lie, did I?"

 

You shook your head fervently. "You didn't." Your heart burst with happiness. The boy that you tutored only for three months passed the test. Even surprising, he made it up to the Top 3 names. He passed the test with flying colours. Neither his nor your effort were wasted. "I'm so proud of you, Daehyun."

 

Daehyun released you from his embrace and cupped your face again. I made her proud. I regret nothing now. He looked at straight into your eyes. "If you really are proud of me," he paused and a naughty smile came to his face. "Kiss me."

 

You wiped your tears and smiled at him. "I was just going to do that," you said before you crashed your lips against him. You shut your eyes as your arms found their way to his neck and held him close. I love you.

 

Daehyun's eyes went wide this time. He was so shocked that you were the one who started the kiss this time. His crazy heart did those wild beats again. His arms wrapped around your body and crushed you in his body. He felt you willingly parted your lips, giving him the chance to deepen the kiss. And he did. He kissed you deeply. I love you.

 

This time you took the initiative to kiss him back. You kissed him back passionately just like he was doing now. You were embarrassed but you did not care at the moment. The only thing you wanted now was to kiss him like there was no tomorrow. You wanted to make him breathless like he always did to you. You wanted him to know that you loved him so dearly, too.

 

The two of you tore the kiss as both of you gasped for air. You opened your eyes only to find him staring back at you. You blushed heavily but you did not look away from him. You noticed how much his lips reddened, swollen. Did I do that to him?

 

"Wow." Daehyun gasped for his air and connected his forehead to yours. "That was unexpected." Blood rushed to his cheeks. He did not know why he was blushing now when he had kissed you so many times before. "Where did you learn that from?"

 

"Well," you paused. "I have a good tutor for that," you finished your words. When did I get so corny? You were surprised by yourself. You met eyes with him and instantly you knew where you got it from. Your heart smiled.

 

Daehyun could not hide his amusement and he chuckled. "Oh God, I swear I love you too much for my own good." He affectionately nuzzled his nose against yours. Your warm breaths caressed his face. Love filled his heart once more. "Would you like to be my tutor for a long time?" He proposed. I want to be with you for long time, ~~~~~.

 

You giggled happily. Never before you felt this happy in your life. You felt like your heart was going to burst from so much happiness. "Well," you paused. You caressed his jaw line which you loved so much. I would like to be with you for a long time, Jung Daehyun. "Is forever long enough for you?"

 

"Oh God," he groaned before he leaned in towards you again.

 

And there went once more. A passionate kiss for both young burning hearts filled with young love.

 

 

 

- End.

 


 

 

That's it, Tutors! The last chapter of sequel. So, how was it? I hope this answer all of your questions about Daehyun's result.

I hope I did not disappoint any of my fellow Tutors with the five shots. Good job on getting Daehyun to the university! /claps/

Please forgive me on my poor grammar. I still have a lot of thing to learn especially in writing a 'you' story. But I enjoyed writing this.

Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting. I would not know this fic of mine is cute until you all commented /looks at comments/ "CUTE"

Seriously, thank you so much. bluedragon loves you all. Have a great day.