Second Shot

Still My Tutor

 

It was finally D-day. You and Daehyun were standing in front of his school. Many parents were accompanying and giving their children the encouragement before they entered the examination hall. You could recall the nervousness you had two years ago for the same test. You were so nervous for Daehyun that you were sweating cold sweats.

 

Daehyun noticed your nervousness and held both of your hands. "Yah."

 

You were startled by the one word and put both of your hands on your chest. "Oh my gosh! Daehyun, I am so nervous! I could feel my legs shaking! Oh my gosh, what do I do? Would you do just fine? Oh my gosh! I think we haven't done enough revision!" You said your words a little too fast. You were just too anxious.

 

Daehyun found it funny when you were the one who was being too nervous. It was as if she was the one who's going to sit for this test. He held your hand tighter. "I am going to be just fine, ~~~~~. And I think we have done enough revision. We went all out last night, remember?" He was so calm. People would actually grow restless before the test started but he was as calm as the sea.

 

"Yah, is that the so-called recluse, Jung Daehyun?"

 

"Shhh! You are so loud! He could hear you!"

 

Your ears caught a conversation of group of girls not far from your place. You ears went so alert when you heard Daehyun's name being mentioned. Did they just mention Daehyun's name?

 

"So, he is really that recluse! Oh my gosh! I never knew that he has a good looking face underneath that mask of his!"

 

"I know right! And I thought his eyes are attractive. And he dyed his hair to blonde too! I am a er for blondies!"

 

Your heart was feeling proud of your younger boyfriend as you heard the compliments for Daehyun. You were not going to lie. Jung Daehyun was a really attractive boy. No. He was an extremely good looking boy. You too had ever thought that only his eyes were attractive until his took off his mask in front of you. And you still felt special because as he told you before, you were the first person beside his family and closest friends to see his face after long years of being a recluse with the signature mask of his.

 

"If only he was not a recluse before, I might have hit on him."

 

"I know right! But look at the girl beside him, who is she?"

 

"She is not his girlfriend, is she?"

 

"Nah, I don't think that's his girlfriend. I never saw her in the school before! Maybe his noona."

 

"What if he prefers noona than girls of the same age?"

 

You gulped down your saliva when you noticed that you were the girl they were referring to. I am his girlfriend. You wanted to tell them that. But there was no way you were going to say that. You are two years older than Daehyun and it would be weird for you to tell them bluntly like that. You could feel your cheeks burning from embarrassment. I'm just his friend. Just a regular female friend of Jung Daehyun. That's all. You lowered your head and bit your lower lip.

 

Daehyun heard the whole thing just now and he noticed the sudden changed in your face. He always noticed it when your emotions changed. He could immediately tell if you were very happy or very sad in a situation. Three months might be too short for him to know everything about you but he could already read you like the back of his hand. He knew you were overwhelmed by the nonsense. He sighed in his heart. What am I going to do with you, ~~~~~?

 

"All the candidates may now enter the examination hall. I repeat. All the candidates may now enter the examination hall."

 

Your eyes dilated at the announcement. Your heart raced furiously again. This is it! You turned to look at Daehyun. "Oh gosh, Daehyun, what do we do now? It's time!" You said nervously and your lips were pressed together. You were at the edge of crying from too much nervousness.

 

Daehyun saw your eyes glistened with water. She's really worried about me. His heart warm at the thought. "Hey." He took your face in his hands and looked straight into your eyes.

 

You tried your hardest not to cry in front of him. When did I get so emotional? You looked back at him. His eyes were no longer those cold pair of eyes you saw at the first time. His eyes were soft and it warmed your heart so much. "I really think we didn't do enough revision," you said in a sad tone.

 

He could not help himself from smiling. "Hey, didn't I tell you last night that it will be okay? Stop worrying. I'll be fine. I promise."

 

His words were comforting but that did not make you less worried. "But I still think that-" You did not finish your words. No. You could not finish them.

 

Because Daehyun had shut your mouth with his.

 

Your eyes widened in shock. Jung Daehyun was kissing you in public. You could feel your whole body went red. You did not know how to react at the sudden kiss. It was a gentle kiss but it still managed to make your heart raced crazily inside.

 

"Look at that! He is kissing her in the public!"

 

"I knew it! That girl is his girlfriend!"

 

Daehyun broke the kiss. He kissed you in the public but he did not feel embarrassed. Not at all. Daehyun chuckled when he saw the shock expression on your face. He ruffled your hair and slowly walked backward. "Thank you for the good luck kiss," he said and ran towards the examination hall.

 

You were still stunned there, not knowing what to do. After a good one minute, you finally snapped out from it. You looked around the place. The students were no longer there as all of they had entered the examination hall. Your mind went back to Daehyun and your face turned red again. You touched your lips. "That was so sly of him," you blurted in embarrassment. "Good luck, Jung Daehyun." You smiled widely.