First Shot

Still My Tutor

 

You were so nervous at the time. You could not keep yourself calm as your hand reached for the books on the table. "History, Math, Social studies… Aish! Which one should we start with?!" You had the both of your hands on your head now. You glanced at your boyfriend and blushed immediately. "How can you be so calm at this time?" You huffed at him.

 

Daehyun smiled brightly at you. He was going to sit for the SAT tomorrow. The most ridiculous crucial test that was a matter of life or death. The test that would determine whether he would be furthering his study or would just end up finding odd jobs for the rest of his life. "And why can't I?"

 

"WHY?" Your jaw dropped in disbelief. You grabbed his shoulders and shook him a few times.  "IT'S A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH, JUNG DAEHYUN! When I was going to sit for it two years ago, my knees won't even stop shaking! And you asked why?" You were really worried for him. You had been his tutor for only three months and you did not think that he was prepared enough to sit for the test. And I've been his girlfriend for two months and two weeks. You were shocked by your own thought. It was true that it had been two months and two weeks since you said you would give you and him a try. Your ears reddened at the sudden thought and you shook your head as if to clear your mind. You slapped your forehead multiple times. Silly! This is not the time to think about relationship, ~~~~~!

 

"Yah." Daehyun stopped you from hitting yourself by grabbing your wrists. "What are you doing, silly?" Skillfully, his fingers moved from your wrist to your fingers and intertwined them together. He bit his lower lip. He had held your hands for many times but still he would feel the same electricity ran through his veins whenever he touched you. He searched your face and his eyes landed on your eyes. "Don't worry, okay? I'll do just fine."

 

You froze at the sudden skinship. You were still not used to the touches from the younger boy. But you did not dislike them either. In fact, you liked to feel his skin made contact with yours. It was just that you did not know how to react to such things for you never have relationship with anyone before. You tried to look calm and stared back. His eyes told you the same thing that he would do just fine. "How can you be so sure about it?"

 

"That's because…" Daehyun curved the smile that always made your heart raced like crazy as always. "Because of you, my brilliant tutor," he simply said.

 

You felt your cheeks reddened at his words. You tried to avert your eyes from him but you could not. His warm gaze had frozen you on your spot. "Me?"

 

His hands moved to your face, cupped it and leaned his forehead against yours. "As long as I have you, my tutor, everything will be just fine." He said that without any hesitation. He had gained so much confidence in a short period because of you. He had learnt to smile more often because of you. He had learnt to open his heart to other things because of you. And he knew that everything would be fine with you by his side. It's always you.

 

You could not help but to feel flattered by his words. You closed your eyes as you were enjoying the skinship too. You loved it when he leaned his forehead against yours. It made you felt like the two of you shared the same mind. Your right hand found its way to his face and pinched his left cheek. "You, Jung Daehyun, need to stop being all cheesy and start you last few hours of revision now," you said to him.

 

Rubbing his stung cheek, Daehyun chuckled at your words.  "Hey! I'm only cheesy when it comes to you," he teasingly said. His forehead left yours. He held your hand and gave it a squeeze. "Thank you for everything," he said gratefully to you.

 

You felt the warmness wrapping up your heart. You still could not understand how someone could make you felt that way. All warm and happy inside. You pinched his nose this time. "Thank me only when you pass the test and go into a university, kid. Now, let's start the last preparation before your battle, Jung Daehyun! Fighting!" You positively exclaimed with your fist in the air.

 

"Fighting." Daehyun pumped his fist in the air too. He felt so happy to have you by his side now. No matter what would the result be from the test tomorrow, he would never regret it for he had you as his loyal supporter.

 

After revising the subjects with Daehyun for almost three hours non-stop, you felt so tired and sleepy that you did not even realized that you had fallen asleep on the table.

 

"I've finished the last question! Please check- " Daehyun could not finish his sentence when his eyes laid on your peacefully sleeping face, with your left cheek on the table. His lips curved into a smile and he put down his exercise book back on the table. He laid his right cheek on the table and was facing your direction.

 

Unconsciously, your eyebrows furrowed in your sleep. "Jung Daehyun. Fighting…" you mumbled.

 

Daehyun could not help but to smile widely. He put his index finger between your eyebrows to make the furrow disappear. "Even in your sleep, you are cheering for me. Seriously. What would I do without you?" He tucked your hair behind your ear and his eyes were gazing at you affectionately. "You don't know how thankful I am to you. Thank you for giving me a chance. When everyone else gave up on me, you were there for me. Thank you for not giving up on me. I would make you proud of me. Don't worry."

 

"Jung Daehyun, fighting…" You mumbled again but this time with an unconscious smile on your face.